Fancy Dress

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by Auburn, 2 October 2009 Social URL.

1. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    THE DREADED FANCY DRESS PARTY..!! :eek:

My mate at work is having a fancy dress party for her 40th, and I have no idea what to wear at all...

The first theme was "heroes and idols", then she's binned that for just generic fancy dress.

Everything suggested starts with the word "sexy"... I AM NOT SEXY! I'm a chunky-in-the-wrong-places size 20-24 depending on the thing itself... I cannot pull off some outfit from Ann Summers, and just hope for the best!! What the heck do I do???

Any ideas greatfully appreciated. :) x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. vj

vj Regular Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.67%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Sexy isn't about baring all.
    Could you go with the element of tease like Dita? Celebrate your curves, you don't have to expose them. Could you try the burlesque approach with glitz and feather boas?
    Be fun, flirty and fabulous!

4. Cherrybee82

Cherrybee82 Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.05%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    How about a pirate-theme? Theres some lovely plus-size outfits you can get for ladies, lots of gathered-at-the-bust, long, floaty and flattering styles. Nothing thats gonna feel too revealing and make you feel uncomfortable.

5. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    I like the piratey idea, definitely.. Hmmm. Now to convince the fella to wear more of a costume than just Sunglasses and a leather jacket. Not quite sure exactly what he thinks he looks like like that... haha

6. Witchypoo

Witchypoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    How about Roman? A long draped toga hides all the lumps & bumps and looks quite elegant.;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.