Help with fancy dress ideas!

LuhLuhLoser

4. 8. 15. 16. 23. 42.
Hello hello!

I've been invited to a fancy dress party in about 3 weeks time. There's no theme in particular so I can choose anything I'd like to go as but I can't seem to decide!

I originally wanted to go as a Ghostbuster but my mum is going and wants to do the whole girly 'get dressed up' thing and thinks a Ghostbuster is too macho lol. So I need a semi-feminine fancy dress idea that's original and doesn't require showing my arms off. Eeek!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance.

E x

hmmm all i can come up with are not very original but would tick the covered arms things - cowgirl - check shirt demin skirt knee high boots etc or some historical period type costume .....will keep thinking

A punk
A pirate (a girl wench type one lol)
Pink ladies (u and your mum in theme)
A banana
A palm reader/gypsy rose lee
A zombie
A nun
70's/60's outfits
Erm... Can't think of anymore..
I've literally tried to think of everything I've ever dressed up as (there's loads more but was thinking mostly feminine)
Oh or a dinner lady, with tabard haha
Love fancy dress, the more random the better. I'm dressing as princess Beatrice (with silly hat) tomorrow then a chimney sweep (a-la Mary poppins on Sunday lol)

Have fun :)

How about the one who wear the purple jumpsuit in Scooby Doo? Daphne I think her name is? It's still a bit ghost buster like but more feminine!

How about going as a Japenese Geisha girl? I ordered a costume online for about £25 and it was full length with sleeves as well. It was original and no one else was wearing anything similar. I painted my face white and got a black geisha wig to finish it off.

I went to a 60s fancy dress birthday party last night. My husband was adamant he would not dress up so.....I bought a blonde wig from eBay shops for under a tenner including postage. I wore my most sparkley dress and he wore his dinner suit. We went as MarilynMonroe and Mr President. Get a dress with sleeves and you're sorted, or get your mum to be Marilyn and borrow a suit.

Ahh sorry to dreg this up from the past! I sort of got a bit side tracked after the party and ended up having an 8 week sabbatical from Slimming World!

It turned out that the fancy dress party was actually a surprise party for my birthday lol. Hence why my Mother was so insistent that I made an effort to look nice! It all made sense in the end!

I went as Dorothy from Wizard of Oz in the end! :) Thanks to everyone for all your super awesome ideas!

Ahh sorry to dreg this up from the past! I sort of got a bit side tracked after the party and ended up having an 8 week sabbatical from Slimming World!

It turned out that the fancy dress party was actually a surprise party for my birthday lol. Hence why my Mother was so insistent that I made an effort to look nice! It all made sense in the end!

I went as Dorothy from Wizard of Oz in the end! :) Thanks to everyone for all your super awesome ideas!

Pictures please x

Back