Fashion Advice Please

Wish

Silver Member
Hey all

I am going to a wedding on Saturday and have finally bought my dress today after weeks of looking around. Kingleds kindly sent me a dress, but after much thought I decided my legs just aren't looking that good to be aired just yet!

Its not the kind of thing I would usually chose, but as I have lost some weight I was having major problems with the fitting of other dresses, it seems most of my weight I have lost on my top half and dresses were just hanging off me at the top, it was a real nightmare, getting something that fitted:rolleyes:

Anyway, I am stuck as to what colours to team this dress with, I need a shrug/bolero and a fascinator, shoes & bag, can you please give me your words of wisdom on what colour you think would work with the dress, its for a daytime wedding.

This is the dress

Green sequin empire line maxi dress - Evening & party dresses - Dresses - Women -

Thank you :D

Hi

Its more of a bottle green in real life, that shrug loos perfect, but out of stock in my size:cry:

Thank you x

Or how about Silver?
There's a silver crochet shrug Here
Teamed with Silver long drop earrings and silver slingbacks and a clutch?

They have it in gold too, trying to see what colour you are from your little profile pic! If gold jewellery suits you better go for that.

What a gorgeous dress - I'm sure it will look lovely. Again, cream will look great and is also a contrast.

Hey Wish - lovely dress (the pink version lower down the page was gorgeous too).
I think I'd team it with honey/caramel accessories myself.
Hope you have a good day - are you going to let us see how your outfit turns out by any chance?

Oo - i love it - green is one of my fav colours. Cream/ivory or silver would go with it perfectly. I would prob go for either a fascinator or a shrug but not both, but thats just personal preference. Maybe a cream flower clip instead of a fascinator?

(though i am tempted to scream wimp at you for bottling it on the other one :)

Personally I would stick with the same green if you can find it as it is so much more slimming to wear the same colour and add the contrast with your with your head-wear and shoes as hat takes the eye from top to bottom and the illusion is of more height, therefore slimmer.

I would not go for a contrast, but that is just me.

I love the dress . You will look stunning.

Why not see if Debenhams have one in the colour you need.

The dress is very nice, I also think gold or silver would look lovely. If you have time take a look at some fabric shops & see if you can make a shawl which will match the colour of your dress. I get my material from asian shops as the colours are more vibrant.

I have the problem with dresses, my waist is much smaller than my hips & it doesn't matter what size I am, if the dress fits on my hips it's too big on the waist, so I tend to go for dresses with a belt or with a tie at the back.

I'm off to a wedding soon & decided to make this for myself
V1249.jpg

(though i am tempted to scream wimp at you for bottling it on the other one :)

:hide: Thanks hun LOL!

Did you get your Monsoon dress back alright hun? My mum posted it for you when I was away on holiday;)

Should I send the Next dress back to you, or should I offer it back up on the forum?

Thank you everyone, I ordered a Monsoon silver shrug today, still got shoes, bag and fascinator to get, this is getting very expensive:rolleyes:

Wish said:
:hide: Thanks hun LOL!

Did you get your Monsoon dress back alright hun? My mum posted it for you when I was away on holiday;)

Should I send the Next dress back to you, or should I offer it back up on the forum?

Hi hun. I got it back hun - thanks! Keep the other one & post back on here when you're done with it.

Hope you had a lovely hols!

Back