Fassionate Pashions....clothes you just gotta have!

Ha ha! Very expensive bookends! I have been saving £5 a week (which is probably what I used to spend on chocolate) since I began LL back in 2008 and am now at the stage I can afford the most fabulous shoes in the world! I decided to let my feet calm down a bit after the London Marathon but now they're back to normal and ready to look fabulous.

I'm doing great after my jaw surgery now thanks SB. I return to work on wednesday so hopefully they'll still recongise me! I'm still pretty swollen but I can feel my face again so overall it looks like the whole thing has been a success :). How are you getting on? Sounds like you've been having a rough time.

Fabulous shoes are most definitely the way forward! I'll post a pic once they've arrived.

Oh, and I have a new puppy arriving in September. He's going to be called Rufus and I'm soooo excited. Needless to say, I'll keep the shoes out of his way! xxx

I am an incarnation of Imelda Marcos. Love those shoes soooo much. They are what are known as taxi shoes BL. You need to arrive and leave in one and not walk anywhere but just stand and look gorgeous!! I think we're all on our way there xxx

ooooooooooooooo puppy!!!!!!!!! what kind Rachel?

Can't wait to see the new shoes and new smile! :) Glad the op was a success. :)

xx

A teeny tiny eight week old golden retriever called Rufus. Can't decide if I'm more excited about him or the shoes!

And yes, I won't be walking anywhere in them. Standing still so people can admire them and then sitting somewhere everyone can see them (and the soles!!)

As long as he doesn't pee on the shoes, or trip you up with his lead and you end up showing your red soles - second thoughts, might be worth it!
I saw a blonde lady the other day in London, wearing a blonde/gold thread knitted long tube dress (we weren't on the train ). She was holding a gold leather lead. At the other end was a white and cream Staffordshire Terrier with a gold leather collar with big floppy gold leather roses!!!!!!!!
They were definitely turning heads in Regent Street.
I didn't notice the shoes - may have been gold ballet pumps.
Certainly weren't Louboutins.

So glad it seems your op was a success.
Wish me luck. Next chemo Thursday, wig at the ready! xx:eek:

SB, my next door neighbour is on week eight of chemo for breast cancer and has two brilliant wigs. If I hadn't been to pick them up with her I'd never have known it wasn't her own hair.
I know it's a really horrible thing to have to go through but I'm sure your smile and all the people who love you will help you through. I'll be thinking of you xxxx

ps. If Rufus pees on my shoes I'm pretty sure I'll be mad for about five minutes before I can resist giving him a cuddle!

Blonde Logic said:
Been window shopping tonight. Sat here drooling.

I found this:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Slash-Neck-Deco-Knitted-Tunic/dp/B004XO65LC?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_8&nodeId=527058031&sr=1-8&qid=1310846756&pf_rd_r=1G55JNDB3WCJMQGBA86G&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=527058031&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3

I want this sooooooo bad, but I no longer have any credit cards. Good think really - but I wish I did. I know my hubby would say no.....:cry: He's on a real saving kick. <sigh>

Gonna try and save a few quid here and there and hope its still in by the time I save it up!! :)

I want it for a goal dress. :) So many others too!! lol but I just like this a lot!

Anyone else eyeing some new clothes for when you get to goal?

Fab looking BL, will look very slinky on you, I seem to be losing weight at differernt places, not sure what shape I will end up lol!
Jx

I havent really been looking at clothes. I have bags of stuff in the attic which dont fit me!

I've got a beautiful Laura Ashely silk print dress in size 16. I wore it at my 40th, two years ago. Its one of my mini goals to fit into it.

Had to buy new everything, suddenly everything toooooo big, which is great. I had loads in the loft different sizes, now I only have one tee shirt left from ore LL, that is one that I bought that was too small and hoped to shrink into it.
Luckily the sales are on and I have been buying cheaper items, going on holiday in just over 3 weeks so had bought stuff that was too small to shrink into, and have kept the receipts so I can get refunds nearer the hols if they don't fit either way.

I'm struggling with shape at the moment, some clothes I bought that I liked that was too small and some of it, doesn't look right, LOL, just as well its sale stuff. When I finish, I will try stuff on in the shop, I need Gok Wan!!:wave_cry:

Jx

I can recommend Trinny & Susannah's books Julz. In particular, there is one where they concentrate on shapes and how to dress for your shape. Very interesting stuff. Worthwhile looking out in your local library while your waiting for the call from Gok ;)

you know meks - i totally agree. I just want to be able to fit into a nice pair of jeans. Say a pair of levis. Or G-Stars. That flatter my figure. And don't make me feel like i'm wearing a lower body corset!!

That would be a nice fashion achievement for me!!

Jeans are impossible. I have decided that I just dont have the shape for them :)

Aw thanks BL...but actually I have an hourglass figure (under the blubber lol). So jeans just do not suit me and I dont think they ever will. Dresses and skirts are more my thing :D

You may find at goal you completely change your style of dressing. Much to my surprise, I came away with a totally different style.

If you're a curvy girl, lowriding jeans fit well.

I am not trying to sell you on jeans :D just saying, don;t rule anything out because at goal you will be a brand new woman! :)

xx

You may find at goal you completely change your style of dressing. Much to my surprise, I came away with a totally different style.

If you're a curvy girl, lowriding jeans fit well.

I am not trying to sell you on jeans :D just saying, don;t rule anything out because at goal you will be a brand new woman! :)

xx

lol, OK missus, you got me. I will keep an open mind xx

Debbi8489 said:
I can recommend Trinny & Susannah's books Julz. In particular, there is one where they concentrate on shapes and how to dress for your shape. Very interesting stuff. Worthwhile looking out in your local library while your waiting for the call from Gok ;)

Thanks Debbie, I had forgotten I have one if their books, think Gok has forgotten my phone number!!
I read an article by pauline quirk that she was hopping for a Gok session, I bet that happens and they will give her a makeover, that will be interesting as she has already lost about 7 stone I think, she will have rhe same challenges as us
Jx

Back