Fast food is so convenient!

G-Man

٩(●˛•̃)۶
Do any of you still regularly eat fast food and lose weight? I mean the likes of McDonalds, KFC, Burger King etc?

For convenience sake I still have some of these throughout different stages of my week as it just suits my schedule but I always point them into my allowance and am still losing weight.

I just wondered does anyone else include such taboo food in their points on a regular basis?

subway i do.. and occasionally i have burger king or maccy d's.. i am a big takeaway eater though, so often have more foods such as chinese or chippy!

Yeah I think thats what so good about WW it fits in with your life style & you don,t have to feel guilty about having abit of fast food as long as you point it!
Although saying that its probably not the healthiest idea to have it on a daily basis:D

Oops! Forgot to mention Subway, although all I ever have from there these days is a 6" Wheat with turkey and ham, but no cheese, with lettuce, tomatoes, green peppers & red onion... and NO SAUCE! Going from someone who never ate vegetables, it was quite a change for me but now I love them.

i love hot ones.. i have 6" ham with all the salad bar red onions. Ive a penchant for jalapenos atm.. love them! :D

I used to be a takeaway freak!!! Got into the bad habit of going for takeaway after work...(due to shifts) Could sometimes be 3-4 times per week......but nowadays I barely go near any of the fast food places.

The last chinese I had made me sick so has put me off!
Had a bk which was fab ( but only now and again from now on)
Had chippy chips too which were really good but again only now and again from now on.

So I think my body's coming round to the idea that it will only get takeaway/fast food now and again instead of all the bloomin time!!

But to be honest, these days i'd rather treat myself by going out for a meal than having takeaway..x

When i did weight watchers a few years ago, i used to exercise loads in the evening. On the way home from the gym i used to buy a Fillet o fish from McDonalds 6pts and that would be my dinner. I still had regular weight losses because it was within my poits allowance.

i have just started ww, i had a funsize mars bar in the week and felt totally guilty although i counted the points and still had points left over. so could you imagine if i had a take away at this early stage :D i think the guilt is something i'm going to have to get over and realise it's ok as long as it's not every day and i count the points.
michelle x

I have had chinese take away several times since starting and its not affected my weight loss, but i have realised since having tastier, healthyer food that when i do have someone like take away, it doesnt taste as good anymore. Its always a bit dissapointing i find and i begrudge spending the points on it, but sometimes i want it and i love that i am abel to have it. I love that weightwatchers is just real life eating not crappy deprivation!

i know i think when you start depriving yourself is when it starts going wrong and you still have to enjoy life.

michelle x

we still eat fast food and takeaways when it suits, the diet has to fit your lifestyle or you wont stick to it.

LONG LIVE FISH AND CHIPS !!!

i have just started ww, i had a funsize mars bar in the week and felt totally guilty although i counted the points and still had points left over. so could you imagine if i had a take away at this early stage :D i think the guilt is something i'm going to have to get over and realise it's ok as long as it's not every day and i count the points.
The guilt thing is a big issue with me but I think it's a good thing. Recently at my mum's 70th birthday party I had pre-ordered pavlova for dessert weeks beforehand and then had started doing ww. When it came to eating it on the night I took 1 small spoonful and physically felt ill because of the guilt which prevented me from eating at, hence saving on all those calories, so guilt can work to your advantage as long as you are being a better person because of it.

The funsize mars bar is ok as well. We have a container full of funsize bars for snacking or if we get an attack of the sugar monsters cravings. Beside the fridge is a board with all their points on it and that's also where the WW calculator sits. As I have previously stated, as long as you point what you eat then that's the main thing.

thats a good idea about the points board. i have copied out the points calcuator and put it on the inside of one of my kitchen cupboards, i've been using that alot.

Both me and the missus have an iPhone and we have an app that can calculate points on it so when we are walking around Tesco's (or any other national supermarket :D) we can quickly work out points in various foods that are either on offer or we just take a fancy too. There have been a few times were we pointed something and almost dropped it back on the shelf as if it was devil's food becasue it was so high in points! :D

I also have docs to go on my iphone and am planning to put my spreadsheet on it with all the info about eating out etc. The thing is, this far in now, I don't change my eating habits that much these days and there is a certain group of foods that I would have regularly and I know their points value of by heart now, but it's good to have the board or my phone handy to help me with the not so familiar foods.

it is only my first week so i am attached to my little folder ( i may have to have it surgically removed ):D the first couple of days i was thinking about food all the time but i've got more into it and a bit more relaxed with it. i think for me the key is being prepared,i can honestly say i've stuck to it 100% a first for me. well it's my weigh day tomorrow so we'll see then :scale:

Hope all goes well with your WI tomorrow. I was like that at the start too but as I said, once you get to know what you're eating it gets easier and your own head becomes your reference point.

It's amazing how you do change your way of thinking though, firstly the guilt thing and then you realise also that if you go over your points you're cheating nobody but yourself and that usually reigns me back in a bit. After all I have taken on this new lifestyle FOR ME not for anyone else and if I want to succeed, then I have to be honest with myself. I found that once I got my head in the right place... the rest followed on easily. Having said that, I suppose I could still fall off the wagon, but I am hoping that won't happen because I can see so many positives ahead that I would hate to go back to the old me.

I used to work in McDonalds twice a week so obviously ate McDs twice a week (it's free, what can you do ;)). I was working there when I lost a stone before I went off track and it never affected my loss.. but I was also usually very rushed off my feet on work days.

This week I've eaten half a fish and chips (my boyfriend is also doing WW and we've decided to halve all takeaways as it's enough), Papa John's pizza and 1 foot long sub, 1 6inch sub (both chicken breast with cheese, mayo and bbq, peppers and onions). All within points of course! I've yet to weigh in though (tomorrow) so we'll see. I don't usually eat that many takeaways but with moving it was just convenient. As W.I. is Monday and we'll get home really late Mondays now, it's going to be takeaway/eat out night. Tomorrow night we're going to a Crown Carvery, om nom nom. The points are in the EOG, so I'm pointing it in :)

Both me and the missus have an iPhone and we have an app that can calculate points on it so when we are walking around Tesco's (or any other national supermarket :D) we can quickly work out points in various foods that are either on offer or we just take a fancy too. There have been a few times were we pointed something and almost dropped it back on the shelf as if it was devil's food becasue it was so high in points! :D

I also have docs to go on my iphone and am planning to put my spreadsheet on it with all the info about eating out etc. The thing is, this far in now, I don't change my eating habits that much these days and there is a certain group of foods that I would have regularly and I know their points value of by heart now, but it's good to have the board or my phone handy to help me with the not so familiar foods.

wots ur app called thats a great idea thanks

i eat takeaways all the time and it hasnt effected me at all :)

Back