Fast food restaurants make me FAT? My observation:

Slim&Elegant

DO REALLY FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS MAKE ME FAT? My observation:
I’m regular MacDonald’s and similar fast food restaurants visitor and I am wandering is it really so harmful to eat fast food?
Last 3 – 4 months I tried to avoid MacDonald’s & Co by eating mostly homemade food.
Surprisingly I noticed that my average weigh remains the same :lost:(sometimes a little bit more, sometimes a bit less).

What do you think about it?
Could it be exaggeration to suppose that fast food cause our weight gain? Like this “funny” video:
averageweightforwomen. com/fun (remove the spaces)???!!!!

What do you think: may moderated fast food consumption affect body mass or may not?
Share your experience, please.
:sign0163:

Last edited:
Well, for me personally its not a mission to try to avoid these kind of places, but I prefer 'proper' food for my cals? I find I'm starving an hour after eating them, and I could have so much more (& nutritionally better!) food for the same calories?
And just wondering- if you're trying to lose weight, then surely a fat-filled fast food meal should be avoided for a while- and then maybe you'd notice a difference?

I am afraid when I’m eating low calorie food I could easily overeat.
With high calorie food my gut instinct said me to be aware and not overeat…

I find if I choose the 'right' low calorie food that I'm full for hours and less likely to overeat? If I eat high cal foods I tend to nearly starve myself to compensate? Which isn't good either? LOL!
I guess different things work for different folks eh?

thanks for fun

Woo Hoo! Video is really “funny”. I’m laughing and crying at the same time…
“scared fat lady” first-class video as well
I hope it isn't my future

About fast food?
Can you tell me, how do you manage “moderate” fast food consumption? Do you have iron will power? Looking at your weight I really doubt it. Sorry

Like Irishmum said, I don't like these foods, I'd rather have a nicer meal. I mean, some of them do have better options such as salads with chicken, yoghurts, etc but some of them are still quite calorific. Plus, they're expensive. If I absolutely must eat out, I'll have Subway or something on whole wheat with tons of veggies and like cold cuts but I'd rather go to Sainsbury's and get a sarnie, some fruit and some water.

Whatever works for you but I think you might benefit from it in the long run. I honestly don't think they can be good for you, they have tons of preservatives and chemicals. Everything's ready made or frozen.. I don't really rate that at all, but whatever floats your boat.

Well, for me personally its not a mission to try to avoid these kind of places, but I prefer 'proper' food for my cals? I find I'm starving an hour after eating them, and I could have so much more (& nutritionally better!) food for the same calories?
And just wondering- if you're trying to lose weight, then surely a fat-filled fast food meal should be avoided for a while- and then maybe you'd notice a difference?
I agree with her. ^

Thanks for replies girls!
I agree with IrishMum. And I should review my eating habits...
Do not get me wrong, I’M NOT FAST FOOD ADVOCATE.
I’m just wondering how is it possible that skinny girls are eating all this MacDonald;s stuff and remain slim.
Not ALL junk food eaters are Fat!

to Eleonora

Woo Hoo! Video is really “funny”. I’m laughing and crying at the same time…
“scared fat lady” first-class video as well
I hope it isn't my future

About fast food?
Can you tell me, how do you manage “moderate” fast food consumption? Do you have iron will power? Looking at your weight I really doubt it. Sorry

That's fine, I'm not offended.
(I see you are suffering from lack of will power as well - your weight even heavier than mine).

Have a good day!

I'm a firm believer in everything in moderation. I am dieting just now to lose a st as put it on over the past year. I have to admit I occasionally enjoy a Mcdonalds too, and all other junk food unfortunately! I know I cant eat them all the time though. I think it is good to have one treat a week.

If you are trying to lose weight you cant just cut out junk food and replace it with something else with the same calorific value. You have to reduce your intake all together. Irishmum is definitely right, junk food is full of empty calories and doesn't fill you up properly so you end up eating more and more.

My diet is counting calories and I have been eating 1000kcals a day and feeling full each day. McDonalds isnt banned from my diet but I wouldnt go because I would get a burger and chips and that would be me for the day and it would fill be up for about an hour! Plus I would have no energy and feel ill all day.

There are a lot of people on here who have lost a lot of weight and you can bet they didn't do it by eating McDonalds every day! Although, like I said, everything in moderation. I previously lost 3 stone and I still had treats now and again as rewards.

to klizw

Thanks a lot for your reply! It definitely makes me rethink my relationship with food.
Are you on 1000cal/day since 07/01/10? Do not you feel hungry?

Yeah been on 1000kcals since then. Lost 4lbs the first week, now on week 2. Not hungry at all, I eat a breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper and snacks. You just have to get the most out of your calories. What kind of diet are you doing?

You have good results!
I’m afraid 1000cal would be too little for me, good luck in your journey!

I am not on a diet... yet. :sign0007:

Now I tell you classical excuses why... I am going to try Atkins diet from Monday (please do not laugh about “start from Monday”), this weekend I have BIG party with tarts, sweets and so on...
So, in short words from Monday.

The main thing I noticed from my slim friends eating mcDonalds regularly is they eat smaller portions.

So maybe a portion of fries OR a hamburger and a diet coke, or Happy Meal instead of a regular size.

I guess if you wanted to continue eating at McDonald's in particular you can make it better by, switching the fries for a side salad, make your drink water or coke zero, and McChicken Sandwich for instance has 400cals approx. (i think).

Each to their own?!

Let us know how you get on with Atkins, and good luck x

Chan_x, I think you are right regarding slim people eating fast food.
One of my slim friends always take smaller portions and often leave half unfinished meal, unlike me, I must admit… :d'oh::7834:

And it's probably all they eat all week? LOL!
Good luck from Monday, Atkins isn't easy, but it appears to be effective when done properly? If you've done your research and think it's the best way for you, then give it a whirl- you've nothing to lose- except weight hopefully!

Yes, Atkins isn’t easy diet; I know it from my previous experience.
But what diet is painless and easy? I think I tried them all and all of them were complicated for me.
So… now it’s Atkins again.
Day 1:
Weight: 167lb

Everything is fine so far. I adore meat!
:eating:

Back