Fasting & SW!

Roziee said:
Wow I don't know how he does it. That's amazing. I couldn't do 5 miles even if I wasn't fasting! Lol

What job do u do if u don't mind me asking?

Wow you're on fire mashaAllah. That's amazing. What are you eating morning and night?

Of course you may ask :)

Yes you are allowed to pray sitting down if you are unable to pray in the usual way. I have a very bad back at the moment so I'm praying sitting on a chair or crossed leg on the floor because I can't bend and it hurts when getting up and down. No problem whatsoever :)

In fact, you are rewarded more because despite your ability to do it in the traditional way you're still praying! :)

I'm a support worker with the Learning Disabled.
He's really good, not phased by cooking pork, though I told him he doesn't need to.

I love that I can learn all this on minimins.... I'm studying nursing at Bradford which as most people know as a huge islamic population. Think I've learnt more about the ins and outs of Ramadan on here than I ever have at Uni. It surprises me that we don't learn more about Islam in general since I'll more than likely end up
Nursing Muslims during my career.

Thank you to everyone who has been so open about themselves on here. And good luck with the fasting.

Shirleen said:
I'm a support worker with the Learning Disabled.
He's really good, not phased by cooking pork, though I told him he doesn't need to.

Sounds like a good guy too :)

clairebrookes said:
I love that I can learn all this on minimins.... I'm studying nursing at Bradford which as most people know as a huge islamic population. Think I've learnt more about the ins and outs of Ramadan on here than I ever have at Uni. It surprises me that we don't learn more about Islam in general since I'll more than likely end up
Nursing Muslims during my career.

Thank you to everyone who has been so open about themselves on here. And good luck with the fasting.

Yeah Bradford has a massive Muslim community.

I think it's important you do learn Claire in your profession. You'll understand why certain things are done different to what to you may be used to. I think in any profession where you're dealing with different culturals it's best to understand the basics, I'm sure it makes the job easier...

:) feel free to ask any questions. Better to ask than to assume I say hehe

Roziee said:
Sounds like a good guy too :)

Yeah Bradford has a massive Muslim community.

I think it's important you do learn Claire in your profession. You'll understand why certain things are done different to what to you may be used to. I think in any profession where you're dealing with different culturals it's best to understand the basics, I'm sure it makes the job easier...

:) feel free to ask any questions. Better to ask than to assume I say hehe

It's good to know. As I think the media have made us all terrified of offending peopleof other cultures and being branded a bigot!
I can't see that anyone one group or individual can be or indeed should be that sensitive.
As a Christian lots of people are rude about my faith, I just shrug it off and carry on, and I'm certain most people of other faiths do too. But knowledge makes things easier.

hello ladies not been on for a while too much going on but my updates are during ramadan i lost 5.5lb been sticking since but now losing again and lost 2st 5 lb so far got my club 10 today
how has everyone else been getting on and how was ramadan?

NadiaH79 said:
hello ladies not been on for a while too much going on but my updates are during ramadan i lost 5.5lb been sticking since but now losing again and lost 2st 5 lb so far got my club 10 today
how has everyone else been getting on and how was ramadan?

I lost 8lbs during ramadan x

Great thread! I'm really nervous about sticking to SW! Anyone else wish to join me on my Ramadan SW challenge.

Great thread! I'm really nervous about sticking to SW! Anyone else wish to join me on my Ramadan SW challenge.

Don't be nervous I'm sure it will be fine
Inshallah this will be my second year of fasting during Ramadan , last year lost 5.5lb during 3 wks fasting( other week was monthlies)
Inshallah I wish I can lose the same or more, so far I have a 5st 12.5lb loss since April last year and still have at least 3/4 stone to lose!
Good luck to all sisters during Ramadan,why don't we post here what's for Iftar :)

Inshallah this will be my second year of fasting during Ramadan , last year lost 5.5lb during 3 wks fasting( other week was monthlies)
Inshallah I wish I can lose the same or more, so far I have a 5st 12.5lb loss since April last year and still have at least 3/4 stone to lose!
Good luck to all sisters during Ramadan,why don't we post here what's for Iftar :)

Hi Nadia- I remember you from last year. What an amazing loss you have had mashaAllah. Wow, so impressed mashaAllah. May Allah give you the strength to continue to consistently lose :)

Hi Nadia- I remember you from last year. What an amazing loss you have had mashaAllah. Wow, so impressed mashaAllah. May Allah give you the strength to continue to consistently lose :)

Jakakallah, I remember you too :) I'm still going s/w never missed a week yet, still got a way to go but getting there :)

Ameen :)

That sounds like a brilliant idea, the main problem for me is all the fried stuff! I don't want to be eating differently to my folks, but healthy eating isn't too popular around my household...

Ameen :)

That sounds like a brilliant idea, the main problem for me is all the fried stuff! I don't want to be eating differently to my folks, but healthy eating isn't too popular around my household...

I know what you mean cos my mum in law in Egypt like that all fried or full of sugar, inshallah we may go for eid al Adha this yr but dreading putting weight back on lol

Ramadhaan Mubarak :)

I can't fast until next week :( so I'm taking this opportunity to be extra extra good for a brilliant loss next week.

I haven't been on plan for the last 2 weeks and have put on 3 lbs so I'm determined to lose that this week in sha Allah.

How's everyone fast going today?

What did you eat this morning?

Salaam everyone - Ramadan Mubarak !!!

It's nice see slimming world muslims on here and how they cope with fasting.

I'm trying to stick to my syns and allowances - good job the window time for eating is so short !!

I had toast and tea this morning for sehri - you guys ??

Salaam everyone - Ramadan Mubarak !!!

It's nice see slimming world muslims on here and how they cope with fasting.

I'm trying to stick to my syns and allowances - good job the window time for eating is so short !!

I had toast and tea this morning for sehri - you guys ??

Wa Alaikum asalaam!

Just toast and tea???? Lol

Back