Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Fat Calves

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by waterford, 6 February 2011 Social URL.

1. waterford

waterford Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    Just wondering any of those who have lost a lot of weight have you managed to loose inches from your calves.

I have fat calves and trying to find boots is a night mare. I also want to be able to buy skinny jeans.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(11.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have always had chunky calves and they have never got any smaller when I've lost weight. Mind, I do a lot of walking and I can feel that this is little or no excess fat on them so they're not likely to.

Over the past couple of months though, I have FINALLY found both a pair of biker boots and wellies that fit around them!

4. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(11.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  5. xlaurax

xlaurax Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st13.5lb(39.19%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers discovery
    I have an exercise bike and i have found that has noticably slimmed and toned my legs (as well as everywhere else) and i do about 3-4 hours a week at the moment. Im in exactly the same situation, any boots fitting are a nightmare! Just keep loosing weekly and you and everyone around you will start to notice the difference :)

6. Mollysmum

Mollysmum Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    I have big calves. I usually get boots from Evans, I did lose weight from my calves but not inches maybe a few centimetres.
    I have Hunter adjustable wellies they are fabulous!

7. Sneeze

Sneeze Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.01%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints & Gym
    When I was a server and walked about 20 miles a day (on average) between tables and the kitchen, I noticed my leg size went down dramatically. Unfortunately they've gone back up but I know if I started walking again they'd lose a lot of that extra weight. :)

8. kagome75

kagome75 WWer

Start Weight:
    92kg
    Current Weight:
    61kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    31kg(33.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have always had big legs, big knees and big calves, but now that I've lost the weight, they have reduced massively. I still feel I have them big and then I catch a glimpse of an image of myself in the mirror on the way to work wearing boots and I think OMG is that ME???? Tiny little legs... it's incredible how much our eyes keep on sending us the same picture we're used to, it's only when we catch a glimpse of ourself without realising it straight away that we suddenly find out we've actually changed!

9. Klick

Klick Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(24.05%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I've lost nearly 3 stone and 4cm from my calves so far, I still have about 4.5 stones to go. I do a fair bit of walking and gardening which I think helps.

For Wellies I have Muckboots which are stretchy neoprine so should fit when I have lost all the weight. I did splash out on some boots from Duo which were very expensive but have a good resale value so will sell them when finished with them.

10. deadteddys

deadteddys Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.8lb(4.76%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    I have huge calves but there mostly muscle unfortunately :( i have problems finding boots that fit, I don't know if I've lost any size off them since losing weight those and I've lost nearly 2stone.

11. ~Crooked Smile~

~Crooked Smile~ Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(24.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    My thighs are generally my problem rather than my calves (years of running, rugby, rowing and being overweight have created rather massive thighs!!), however after losing 3 stone, I put my beloved boots on the other day- and they're too big! they were slipping down my calves! I was all at once pleased to know I had lost inches and devastated that my favourite boots don't fit properly anymore!! x

12. Neonshock

Neonshock Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(19.6%)
    Diet:
    cal counting
    I have large calves too and I really feel your pain :( Since I started I have lost 3" from my calves which is a bit. You cannot spot decrease fat unfortunately but they should reduce when you lose more weight. Lame :(

13. irishlady

irishlady sandra

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.15%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    weight watchers pp
    no my problem is my thighs :cry:

14. booboocraig

booboocraig Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(22.96%)
    Diet:
    xenical Orlistat, low-fat diet
    I get my knee high boots from www.duoboots.com......they are fantastic...but also measure your ankles when you buy boots cos wide calves doesn't mean wide ankles

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.