Fat Calves

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by waterford, 6 February 2011 Social URL.

1. waterford

waterford Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    Just wondering any of those who have lost a lot of weight have you managed to loose inches from your calves.

I have fat calves and trying to find boots is a night mare. I also want to be able to buy skinny jeans.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(11.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have always had chunky calves and they have never got any smaller when I've lost weight. Mind, I do a lot of walking and I can feel that this is little or no excess fat on them so they're not likely to.

Over the past couple of months though, I have FINALLY found both a pair of biker boots and wellies that fit around them!

4. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(11.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  5. xlaurax

xlaurax Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st13.5lb(39.19%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers discovery
    I have an exercise bike and i have found that has noticably slimmed and toned my legs (as well as everywhere else) and i do about 3-4 hours a week at the moment. Im in exactly the same situation, any boots fitting are a nightmare! Just keep loosing weekly and you and everyone around you will start to notice the difference :)

6. Mollysmum

Mollysmum Full Member

Diet:
    WW
    I have big calves. I usually get boots from Evans, I did lose weight from my calves but not inches maybe a few centimetres.
    I have Hunter adjustable wellies they are fabulous!

7. Sneeze

Sneeze Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.01%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints & Gym
    When I was a server and walked about 20 miles a day (on average) between tables and the kitchen, I noticed my leg size went down dramatically. Unfortunately they've gone back up but I know if I started walking again they'd lose a lot of that extra weight. :)

8. kagome75

kagome75 WWer

Start Weight:
    92kg
    Current Weight:
    61kg
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Lost(%):
    31kg(33.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have always had big legs, big knees and big calves, but now that I've lost the weight, they have reduced massively. I still feel I have them big and then I catch a glimpse of an image of myself in the mirror on the way to work wearing boots and I think OMG is that ME???? Tiny little legs... it's incredible how much our eyes keep on sending us the same picture we're used to, it's only when we catch a glimpse of ourself without realising it straight away that we suddenly find out we've actually changed!

9. Klick

Klick Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(24.05%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I've lost nearly 3 stone and 4cm from my calves so far, I still have about 4.5 stones to go. I do a fair bit of walking and gardening which I think helps.

For Wellies I have Muckboots which are stretchy neoprine so should fit when I have lost all the weight. I did splash out on some boots from Duo which were very expensive but have a good resale value so will sell them when finished with them.

10. deadteddys

deadteddys Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9.8lb(4.76%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    I have huge calves but there mostly muscle unfortunately :( i have problems finding boots that fit, I don't know if I've lost any size off them since losing weight those and I've lost nearly 2stone.

11. ~Crooked Smile~

~Crooked Smile~ Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(24.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    My thighs are generally my problem rather than my calves (years of running, rugby, rowing and being overweight have created rather massive thighs!!), however after losing 3 stone, I put my beloved boots on the other day- and they're too big! they were slipping down my calves! I was all at once pleased to know I had lost inches and devastated that my favourite boots don't fit properly anymore!! x

12. Neonshock

Neonshock Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(19.6%)
    Diet:
    cal counting
    I have large calves too and I really feel your pain :( Since I started I have lost 3" from my calves which is a bit. You cannot spot decrease fat unfortunately but they should reduce when you lose more weight. Lame :(

13. irishlady

irishlady sandra

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.15%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    weight watchers pp
    no my problem is my thighs :cry:

14. booboocraig

booboocraig Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(22.96%)
    Diet:
    xenical Orlistat, low-fat diet
    I get my knee high boots from www.duoboots.com......they are fantastic...but also measure your ankles when you buy boots cos wide calves doesn't mean wide ankles

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.