• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Fat Calves

I have always had chunky calves and they have never got any smaller when I've lost weight. Mind, I do a lot of walking and I can feel that this is little or no excess fat on them so they're not likely to.

Over the past couple of months though, I have FINALLY found both a pair of biker boots and wellies that fit around them!

I have an exercise bike and i have found that has noticably slimmed and toned my legs (as well as everywhere else) and i do about 3-4 hours a week at the moment. Im in exactly the same situation, any boots fitting are a nightmare! Just keep loosing weekly and you and everyone around you will start to notice the difference :)

I have big calves. I usually get boots from Evans, I did lose weight from my calves but not inches maybe a few centimetres.
I have Hunter adjustable wellies they are fabulous!

Sneeze

Silver Member
When I was a server and walked about 20 miles a day (on average) between tables and the kitchen, I noticed my leg size went down dramatically. Unfortunately they've gone back up but I know if I started walking again they'd lose a lot of that extra weight. :)

I have always had big legs, big knees and big calves, but now that I've lost the weight, they have reduced massively. I still feel I have them big and then I catch a glimpse of an image of myself in the mirror on the way to work wearing boots and I think OMG is that ME???? Tiny little legs... it's incredible how much our eyes keep on sending us the same picture we're used to, it's only when we catch a glimpse of ourself without realising it straight away that we suddenly find out we've actually changed!

I've lost nearly 3 stone and 4cm from my calves so far, I still have about 4.5 stones to go. I do a fair bit of walking and gardening which I think helps.

For Wellies I have Muckboots which are stretchy neoprine so should fit when I have lost all the weight. I did splash out on some boots from Duo which were very expensive but have a good resale value so will sell them when finished with them.

I have huge calves but there mostly muscle unfortunately :( i have problems finding boots that fit, I don't know if I've lost any size off them since losing weight those and I've lost nearly 2stone.

My thighs are generally my problem rather than my calves (years of running, rugby, rowing and being overweight have created rather massive thighs!!), however after losing 3 stone, I put my beloved boots on the other day- and they're too big! they were slipping down my calves! I was all at once pleased to know I had lost inches and devastated that my favourite boots don't fit properly anymore!! x

I have large calves too and I really feel your pain :( Since I started I have lost 3" from my calves which is a bit. You cannot spot decrease fat unfortunately but they should reduce when you lose more weight. Lame :(

I get my knee high boots from www.duoboots.com......they are fantastic...but also measure your ankles when you buy boots cos wide calves doesn't mean wide ankles