Fat clothes - Do you keep any?

Taz

Spam Hunter
For a long time I kept lots of my clothes from when I was bigger but I heard a lot of people say that it was a bad idea. Over the last 4 years I have given no less than 10 bin liners full of clothes to charity shops. I have kept a couple of items though as I find it encouraging to look at what size I used to be.

What do other people do? Keep some or get rid of all?

The only thing I kept is the top from my before picture, just as a little reminder but everything else has gone gone gone!

Gxx

That was the advice I was given, dump them cus you will never need them again. I still have a top in size 18 (I now fit into size 14 tops) which I wear as it's a favourite and although a little baggy, I am more comfortable in it now

Get rid..cos you will never be that big again!! You will never need them so why keep them....

I sold some nice "big" stuff on ebay and kept a few only to get me through pregnancy.....

I god rid of all mine asap! but I had a ziggy stardust top in size 16- That i couldnt let go of and refused too let go of- I tried too find it in a size 8 but couldnt... so one day my mum got on a train too London and got it in a size 8 for me and had the size 16 put on a canvas...:happy036:

I got rid of all of mine as I moved down through sizes - Like Georgie I have kept one pair of jeans from when I was at my heaviest as a reminder of how far I have come :).

Personally, had I kept the old clothes it would have been like I was anticipating that I might need them again :eek:. Now I am obliged to maintain my loss as I can't afford another new wardrobe ;).

What s great thread i was thinking of this a while ago, i kept all of mine and it was too much of a safety net to slowly pile the weight back on, and it didnt matter because i knew i had clothes in the wardrobe to fit me, but this time i am throwing the lot!
We should do a "slim-bay" to sell the clothes that dont fit us any more because even if you were a size 20 there is always someone who is hitting that target and need to buy size 20 clothes.,We should do a swap shop.
Ruthy xxx

Just bumping the thread up......how do people feel about doing a slimbay for old clothes lol?
Not just for SW but i think everyone from all the forums could benefit.
Ruthy xxx

Oh had to reply to this, I have just cleared out my fat wardrobe sizes 18,20 and 22 it felt great although I was so annoyed that a lot of the clothes I got rid of where hardly worn and some really nice all be it big LOL also when I think of how much money I had spent but still I would not trade my loss for the above reasons to be wearing my big stuff LOL. Thought about keeping some of my very fav but thought whats the point I NEVER EVER WANT TO BE THAT SIZE TO FIT THEM AGAIN xxxxxxxxx

Well done babe it must be so nice to get rid of them, when i look at my fat clothes esp the one that are to big, they hold memories, esp ones that linger about thinking how big i must have looked and what other people thought about me,
I look forward to chucking some of mine out.
Ruthy xxx

I like the idea of a swap shop. It's so expensive to keep replacing wardrobe after wardrobe as you go down through the sizes!

What a great thread. There was a point in time where I kept 3 sizes of clothes! :eek: But now I only keep one size up. I am realistic about myself and know that my weight fluctuates, but I will not allow for anything larger than one size up before I take action! :D and then I don't find myself having to buy bigger clothes.

Steph

I've been selling my clothes on e-bay as they've become to big for me (never want to wear them again) have kept one pair of trousers and a top from my biggest size (24) and am now loving seeing mainly 18s in my wardrobe. a swop it shop on here would be a good idea Ruthy. I did post the link for my e-bay stuff on here because they were 99p starting prices and free postage xxx

I have got a stack of clothes that are a little to SMALL for me! Right now I am inbetween sizes and rather than but the bigger size trousers only for them to fall down a month or so later I buy them smaller so when they fit I get more wear out of them.

*I tend to buy most of my clothes in the sale and if I waited til I was smaller to buy them they would be gone!

well i need some size 20 clothes.....any offers...?
Summer ones for my hols.

Back