Fat day (tmi)

Joanne24

Restarting!
Mother nature has called round for the first time since I started SW and Im bloated, sore, crampy, achey and want to eat 2kg of dairy milk :p

I've had a bit of a oops day and I'll now need to flexi syn for the rest of the week.

How do you cope??:cry:

Ah Joanne! I know it sucks but you will get through it!!! I normally have a lot of Options hot chocolate as it is so comforting and gets rid of my chocolate cravings. And making rice pudding with an Options hot chocolate in is nice too as it feels bad but is so good! Or how about mixing an Options sachet (are you sensing a theme here?!) with quark and spreading it over some rich tea biscuits with strawberries on? That is yummy. It is little things like that that get me through. Otherwise get into bed, with a hot water bottle and do not come out until its all over...until next time!!

Hope you feel better soon

hope ya feeling better soon but just wondering why you have to flexi syn for the rest of the week now?

I needed chocolate on *that* week too. Options mixed in Quark just wouldn't cut it. If you don't have it, you'll crave it more.
Tomorrow is another day.

ETA - I wrote this before reading your post Gemmy-Lou

hope ya feeling better soon but just wondering why you have to flexi syn for the rest of the week now?

Popcorn, Big mac meal, 2 cups of hot choc and a chicken n black bean sauce with boiled rice..:cry:

Ah Joanne! I know it sucks but you will get through it!!! I normally have a lot of Options hot chocolate as it is so comforting and gets rid of my chocolate cravings. And making rice pudding with an Options hot chocolate in is nice too as it feels bad but is so good! Or how about mixing an Options sachet (are you sensing a theme here?!) with quark and spreading it over some rich tea biscuits with strawberries on? That is yummy. It is little things like that that get me through. Otherwise get into bed, with a hot water bottle and do not come out until its all over...until next time!!

Hope you feel better soon

Thank you this made me smile loads!

I think I'll need to dose myself up on skinny cow mint hot choc until I can face the world lol!

Well thats bascially what flexi syns is. Instead of having 5-15 a day you can have like 40 one day, 20 another and then use the rest between the week.

You are welcome... I do have my uses. I hope you feel better soon. And remember...if you find something that makes you feel better you need to post it as we all need to know!! Gem

i thought flexi syn was a 1 off day and you just had what you wanted that day in moderation not cut back the rest of the week

Oh that sucks doesn't it? My periods have always been rather random due to my weight, so I might come on once every 6-8 weeks but it last about, 10-15 days, so I cope by punching things :D A punch bag mainly!

i thought flexi syn was a 1 off day and you just had what you wanted that day in moderation not cut back the rest of the week

There is a debate with flexi-syns, the offical SW version is this;
"If extra Syns are needed for a special occasion, that's OK too. Flexible Syns are another way in which slimmers are put in control of their weight loss campaign. Flexible Syns empower slimmers to accept that the occasional over-indulgence doesn't mean that they have failed. It gives them flexibility for those times when they need more than their usual Syn allowance, providing a great psychological advantage. So long as they keep counting, Flexible Syns enable slimmers to stay aware and in control and an extra fifty or a hundred Syns one day is an awful lot less damaging than what happens when they stop counting altogether."
However other people inturperate in differently, I say whatever works for you!

As for you Joanne, I say relax and try and stay on plan best you can. Draw a line under today and move on :D

Natt xxx :hug99:

Thank you :)

She's right there - your day where you ate loads, that was your 'flexi syn' day.

A flexi day is basically where you have lots of syns (but usually you're supposed to do it in a measured, controlled way) and then carry on with the rest of your week as normal (still having your 5-15 syns).

The alternative is to count up all the syns in what you've eaten, and use the rest of your syns for the week (so that's your 105, spread throughout the week).

Hope that makes sense? I think that's what you mean, but you've just got the term flexi-syn a bit muxed ip, tis all :D

Sometimes our lady visitor demands these things, so just put it behind you and crack on :)

I'm still demolishing everything in sight so im sure ill have a gain this week :(

You never know til you hop on the scales hun!

Awh well no idea HOW but I lost 3lbs this week :)

:talk017: Fantastic!

Brilliant! Well done you! The way to get thru those times is just to keep sight of your goal, if you let a cake or a bag of chocolate throw you off then youve had it in my view, if you just think well that was that and this is now then you can just get straight back in the saddle and get on with it. It what you do most of the time that matters, in my view and as you have shown - you can have a star week and flexi them syns and still do well :)

Goon on ya x

Soo happy. Such a bad hangover today though, one too many drinks at my BF's hen night!

Back