Team 4 FAT FIGHTERS! :)

Hey team well i thought to give you guys some inspiration i would post some of my recipes i try out and see if you want to have a go.

Todays Recipe:

Gnochhi, salmon and spinach bake. its very tastey and is only 4.5pts per portion.

Serves 4

Cost if ingredients bought in tesco: £4.25/£1.06 per portion

Ingredients:
  • 500g fresh gnochhi (11pts)
  • 100g of extra light cream cheese with herbs or plain if you prefer (3pts)
  • 180g Can of skinless and boneless salmon (4pts)
  • 2 tbsp tomato puree (0pts)
  • chilli flakes/paste to taste. i use about a 1/4 teaspoon (0pts)
  • spinache (0pts)
  • lemon zest (0pts)
Total points: 18

Method:

• Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6
  • Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the gnocchi and cook for 2-3 minutes, until cooked. (The gnocchi will float to the surface when they are ready.)
  • in a large pan put the cream cheese ,tomto puree, chilli, lemon zest and enough water to make a sauce using all the above, keep heating to thicken to your own liking.
  • add the spinach and stir until it wilts.
  • add the gnochhi and salmon to the pan of sauce and stir til all is coated.
  • Transfer the contents of the pan into an oven proof dish and baked in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden.
serve with salad :)

the book i got this from shows the nutritional info in the book for the recipe and if i didnt do this recipe ww style, it would cost a whopping 12.5pts per portion! so i have cut 2 thirds of the points off this recipe with out losing any taste :)

Last edited:
I should probably introduce myself properly now, im Kitty, 25 from Glossop, Derbyshire. I have been doing WW for 5 weeks now and lost 11 pounds. I have done it before and i know it works so thats why i came back to it after I have my kidney removed and put my weight back on whilst i was bed bound. But im all healthy now, sorting my life out and sorting my weight out! I weigh in on a Thursday night (will be wednesday this week as im going away to Aberdeen!). Hope to get to know all my team mates :) x

Hiya Kitty! 11 lbs is fab, well done! Its my WI tomorrow morning - Im nervous! Weight loss seems to have stalled somewhat lately - just cant seem to break the 14lbs barrier! fingers crossed Ive lost - got a feeling I'll stay the same this week tho! :(

BBQ chicken melt panini and chips.

Ingredients:
  • panini roll from tesco 3.5pts
  • ledammer light slice 1.5pts
  • 0pt bbq sauce
  • chicken pieces 85g 1.5pts
  • 200g potatos 2pts
To make the BBQ sauce refer to the 1st page of the picture thread and theres a post by cupcakekatie for the sauce.

chuck the chicken sauce and cheese in the roll and put under the grill/george foreman grill until toasted.

chips: peel potatos and cut into chip shapes, par boil for 5 mins and dry thoroughly with paper towel and shove under the grill with some fry light spray on them until crispy.

serve the above with salad :)

a lovely meal for 8.5pt

Hiya
Well done on losses and good luck for weigh days

Eating at night doesnt effect my weightloss I lost 6lbs 1st week and 4 nights I had porridge 1 hour before bed I read up on does eating after 8pm stop you losing weight it all says no,also Im probably 15-20 years older than some people here so my weight loss has slowed in my 20s on ww Id lose 2-3lbs every week Im 41 this year and do notice how its changed.
I am having all my points starting tomorrow and I was ill so it hasnt helped.

Thanks for all ther advice I really appreciate it :D

Have a good week everyone x

Hiya
Well done on losses and good luck for weigh days

Eating at night doesnt effect my weightloss I lost 6lbs 1st week and 4 nights I had porridge 1 hour before bed I read up on does eating after 8pm stop you losing weight it all says no,also Im probably 15-20 years older than some people here so my weight loss has slowed in my 20s on ww Id lose 2-3lbs every week Im 41 this year and do notice how its changed.
I am having all my points starting tomorrow and I was ill so it hasnt helped.

Thanks for all ther advice I really appreciate it :D

Have a good week everyone x

oh i dont doubt that it doesnt affect actual weight loss just affects the scales reading in the morning due to undigested food not the fact u've put on/not lost etc

oh i dont doubt that it doesnt affect actual weight loss just affects the scales reading in the morning due to undigested food not the fact u've put on/not lost etc

Ahh I see lol,I havent had anything since 7 so I hope tomorrows weigh in will be ok ;) thanks for your help x

Ahh I see lol,I havent had anything since 7 so I hope tomorrows weigh in will be ok ;) thanks for your help x

No problem, it may be different for different people but i certainly have better losses when i dont eat after 7ish :)

I feel better being incontrol of what I am eating as I wasnt,I didnt eat loads just junk or what I could grab quick,I dont feel sluggish as before and I think I have looked at it differently. Until tomorrow when the scales dont play lol nah
Hope your ok x

yeah im good thankyou and yourself? my birthday celebrations are coming up so fattening food will be served but im not that bothered as long as i stay under 9 stone now. i cant wait! had a good week?

Ooo whens your birthday :) yes I think you have the right idea to get to a weight just under what you want and it gives a few lbs to play with.
Yes Im okay thanx...
You know under our names on the left hand column how do you change whats written?Ive got likes to post?
x

its on wednesday :) and to change the little thing under our name go to user CP and click edit details :)

Hi! I've had my first weigh in this morning and lost 4lbs... How do I add it on on here? Lol, sorry! :)

OK just had my WI and Ive lost 1lb. Yay on points for the team, I cant help but feel disappointed tho, I was hoping to lose more and Ive been working out so hard last week.

Ooo Livi, thats awesome, well done!
I think someone is keeping a record of our losses for the team...? Could be wrong tho

Points so far: 57!

() =personal month goal
''lbs = loss
sts = stay the same
-=day

f-wantmybikinibody(wmbb)
(7lbs) -3lbs -2lbs -3lbs sts

w-ms brightside
(6lbs) sts -1 -1 -2

w-jacqui35
(7lbs) -2.5 -2.5 -1.5

m-size102b
(8lbs) -6lbs - 2lbs -2lbs

w-crazybecky
(9lbs) +3lbs -7lbs sts -0.5

sat-lil miss sunshine
-1lbs -1lbs sts -1lbs -2lbs

F-thelynz76
(10lbs) -2lbs-3lbs sts -2lbs

-Livi- -4lb

-Shrinkingannie
-1.5lbs

m-Vanda
-6.5lbs

-Bikerkitty
-4lbs

Riotgrrrrl -1lb

Riot and Livi you are on the list above. as this is your last weigh in of the month of march you dont need to do anything until your next weigh in, in which you will copy and paste the list below (Aprils list) and update it each time you have a Weigh in during april.

APRILS GOALS

() =personal month goal
''lbs = loss
sts = stay the same
-=day

f-wantmybikinibody(wmbb)(4lbs)
w-ms brightside-()
w-jacqui35-()
m-size102b-()
w-crazybecky-()
sat-lil miss sunshine-()
F-thelynz76-()
Livi-()
Shrinkingannie -()
M-Vanda-()
Bikerkitty-()
Riotgrrrrl-()

Please insert your goal inbetween the blue brackets when copying and pasting :)

Also thought this months challenge could be to kept track of inch loss aswell as weight loss and see if theres a big difference?

Any other suggestions would be cool im not very good at thinking up challenges and stuff! XX

Inch loss idea is fab - although last week I only managed to lose a measly half inch from my right thigh - but total inch loss so far is nearly 20 inches from all over hurrah!
Maybe we could say how many inches we want to lose in April each, or how many from our waists, for example, then have an exercise challenge where we work out for a particular amount each week? or do a certain amount of tummy toning exercises? lol sorry to leap all over your idea xx
APRILS GOALS

() =personal month goal
''lbs = loss
sts = stay the same
-=day

f-wantmybikinibody(wmbb)(4lbs)
w-ms brightside-()
w-jacqui35-()
m-size102b-()
w-crazybecky-()
sat-lil miss sunshine-()
F-thelynz76-()