Fat Free coleslaw Recipe anyone????

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Dalaney, 12 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Dalaney

Dalaney Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st9lb
    Current Weight:
    20st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(4.29%)
    Diet:
    xenical
    Hi Brand new to this site and loving it. I saw in one response someone saying look in the recipe thread but I am not sure how to find that I am looking for a fat free coleslaw so I can make it up to take to work with me next week Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Nenya

Nenya Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.54%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I chopped all the veg up for the coleslaw then just added salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar. It was lighter than ordinary coleslaw and quite tasty : )

4. Iris

Iris Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(47.39%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting (also known as relentless self-denial)
    Just finely shred up your chosen veggies - cabbage, carrot, spring onions... personally I love fruity coleslaw (almost a crossover kind of waldorf salad!) so I also add some fresh mandarin segments, handful of sultanas, chopped apple and some walnut halves. Then you can use Helman's extra light mayo to dress it, or mix the light mayo with some quark - add your chosen herbs and plenty of black pepper for flavour. Nenya's balsamic vinegar suggestion sounds fab, too.

You can also make a lovely curry coleslaw just by adding a spoon of garam masala. Personally I'm addicted to cumin so I add it to nearly everything! Lovely warming luscious spice. <3

5. diminishingreturns

diminishingreturns Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(3.5%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / MFP
    You can also use (virtually) fat free yoghurt or even a low fat/low cal salad dressing (honey and mustard or french vinaigrette are nice). I often add a spoon of wholegrain mustard.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.