Fat Free coleslaw Recipe anyone????

Dalaney

Hi Brand new to this site and loving it. I saw in one response someone saying look in the recipe thread but I am not sure how to find that I am looking for a fat free coleslaw so I can make it up to take to work with me next week Thanks x

I chopped all the veg up for the coleslaw then just added salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar. It was lighter than ordinary coleslaw and quite tasty : )

Just finely shred up your chosen veggies - cabbage, carrot, spring onions... personally I love fruity coleslaw (almost a crossover kind of waldorf salad!) so I also add some fresh mandarin segments, handful of sultanas, chopped apple and some walnut halves. Then you can use Helman's extra light mayo to dress it, or mix the light mayo with some quark - add your chosen herbs and plenty of black pepper for flavour. Nenya's balsamic vinegar suggestion sounds fab, too.

You can also make a lovely curry coleslaw just by adding a spoon of garam masala. Personally I'm addicted to cumin so I add it to nearly everything! Lovely warming luscious spice. <3

You can also use (virtually) fat free yoghurt or even a low fat/low cal salad dressing (honey and mustard or french vinaigrette are nice). I often add a spoon of wholegrain mustard.

Back