Fat tests for adults over 40 in new Government drive to tackle obesity

Jim

Big Boy
Everyone aged between 40 and 74 will be called in to their GP for a 'fat test' and prescribed weight management and exercise if they are found to be overweight, under a new Government drive on obesity.

LINK HERE

Well thats handy Jim; someone will now actually tell us we are overweight, obviously we would be too dim to have noticed this ourselves!

Sorry, I just find this whole 'nanny state' thing a complete turn off.
I don't think there are many people who are unaware of their 'faults' and does rounding them up and herding them to the GP to be told whats wrong with them really contribute to improving their health? Personally I doubt it.

I don't want to feel like a naughty person who needs educating to live healthily. I know what to do. Eat less, move more. Thats whats needed - doing it? Ah, thats not so easy.

And the last thing GPs need is another b*******y box to tick! This will be another 'target' that will detract from Drs actually being able to see & treat sick people!:mad:

:mad:We will be expected to contact every patient - harrange (?sp) them till they come in, waste 15/20 minutes nursing time per patient telling most of them what they already know and won't do anything about - :mad:fill them with prescriptions for drugs they don't want and won't take and :mad:then those patients who actually have problems they want/need to address won't get the chance because there aren't enough hours in the day!:mad:

Ain't Government wonderful:D

Everyone aged between 40 and 74 will be called in to their GP for a 'fat test'

Yipeeee ..... A test that I can pass :D

Oh I agree Barb and Helen, not that I think it will happen anyway, just more spin.

Hehehe! I like it, Chips:D. AJ

It does seem to be a 'tick the box' exercise. The only way it may have a chance of working is if society and lifestyles changed radically, for example, if we all walked everywhere (no cars/buses) and worked locally. Probably a bit like what we used to do many years ago...

I work too far to walk:(, and would love to be able to build in my daily exercise by walking to and from work. I reckon it would make all the difference - an hour each way. Perhaps I should change jobs? :sigh: but I love my job:rolleyes:.

AJ

:8855:Thanks for making me laugh:D

Hehehe! I like it, Chips:D. AJ

It does seem to be a 'tick the box' exercise. The only way it may have a chance of working is if society and lifestyles changed radically, for example, if we all walked everywhere (no cars/buses) and worked locally. Probably a bit like what we used to do many years ago...

I work too far to walk:(, and would love to be able to build in my daily exercise by walking to and from work. I reckon it would make all the difference - an hour each way. Perhaps I should change jobs? :sigh: but I love my job:rolleyes:.

AJ

:(Me too - It would take me over an hour each way, sometimes takes up to 15 mins just to cross the roads! I would cycle but there is nowhere to 'park my bike' nor to have a shower when I arrive 'glowing like a porker' (to mix my metaphors:rolleyes:)

:pI work at a GP surgery (but I'm not a clinician) and I too love my job most of the time but when government comes out with s£$te like this I shudder at the work it will involve:cry:especially when everyone is going to moan about it:mad:

love to be a fly on the wall in a surgery with a dr who is larger than the patient! lol

bloody stupid idea, how about improving food in schools, hospitals, nuring homes etc, improving activity areas for children and build more trim tracks in public parks. at least that way people may actually appreicate the effort and money put in.

think of this, someone somewhere is getting paid to create crap ideas like this, hey i have a few crap ideas i'd be happy to get paid for dishing out!
lol

Back