Fat, tired and starting Exante to change it all!

Hi everyone. I guess I should introduce myself. I'm 34, married with 3 children and have spent the last 8 years miserably overweight. I started to gain weight when my middle daughter was 1 year old and it's been a cycle of yo-yo weight gain and loss ever since. I was always a comfortable size 12 (10 stone) before this. Im 5ft 6" and hovered around 14 stone for a few years, until the last 24 months when I've ballooned to 17 stone! Managed to get a stone off with sw so I'm around 16 stone now (I haven't weighed in a month )

I've been suffering with unexplained back pain for a year and more recently pain in most of my joints. Enough is enough! I wake up each morning feeling tired and uncomfortable and like I own the body of an 80 year old. Miserable miserable miserable!

Sooo, I've decided to give Exante a go. Fast weight loss is what I need, for my mental focus and for my pain management. I'm not gonna lie, I'm worried I won't be able to do it. If restricting what went into my tummy was easy, I wouldn't be fat! Lol So I'm hoping for support from fellow Exante followers. I've got my shakes and bar pack and I'm starting Monday. I'm trying to get in the right head space to do this and giving myself the weekend to try and work myself into a determined machine,that will not be beaten lol

Anyhow, that's my story... I hope to make some good friends on here and change my life around once and for all!

Hello :) I am new here too and starting tomorrow. My story could be your story (except I am 10 years older than you)!. I have 3 children-two teenagers and one 15 month old, and having my youngest has seen my weight creep up again. I too wake up in the morning and it takes me ages to get going if that makes sense, feel like an old woman too lol. I chose this diet because I clearly cannot control what I eat and with a young one and the tiredness that comes with sleepless nights I find myself snacking on sugery stuff just to get energy. So, I thought if there was no food in the equation at all it takes away the snacking and all thats associated with it. Its got to be all or nothing-kind of like a reset button!

Good luck and its nice to be able to share journeys and support each other. :)

Hi. Good luck on your weight loss journey and I hope your first day is going well Eldorai. I've started today myself and am hoping I can be more successful than in the past. I've managed to lose a bit but given up and piled all the weight back on and more . I've booked a family holiday in Oct to Eurodisney and I'm really worried I'll not fit in the plane seat and have to ask for an extender belt. I'm worried I won't be able to fit in the rides with the kids . I'm 5 ft 3" and 16.6 stones size 20/22 but all my weight is around my middle making me look about 8 months pregnant. I've lost a lot of weight in the past calorie counting and exercising and did have so much more energy, all my aches and pains subsided and my confidence was much better than now. I've noticed the difference in the way other people treat me from being fat and being thin and it pains me to know that others are silently judging me. I feel hopeless over my ability to control my weight at this point and need to see some fast results to spur me on.
I hope we can all support each other and be successful in achieving our goals.

Thanks Choklitluvr, How are you getting on today? I think i'm gonna end up with a zillion diary entries today lol :)

Hi, I'm doing ok so far, drinking plenty of water and peppermint tea. I'm trying not to get too grumpy with the kids. Just had my second pack. I can't wait to get into ketosis and then the hunger will subside. I'm usually feeling my worst end of day 3/ beginning of day 4 . How are you getting on?

Good morning. I'm doing ok, thank you. My head is sore this morning but just taken some paracetamol, had a big drink of water and a coffee and now feeling a lot better. I'm just taking it one day at a time. I'm back to work tomorrow so I hope I'll manage without hitting the vending machine . Cheekychops, you're going to be fine and you can post here if you need support or a boost X

Morning :) I did ok on my first day yesterday, it was hard though! I actually had an extra bar in the evening as I thought I was going to cave in, but I figured that was better than feeling so bad I would want to give up. Today is going fine, had the peanut butter bar for breakfast-really nice!

Hi. I hope your first day is going ok Cheekychops and that you're starting to feel less hungry Eldorai. Day 3 has gone well and I'm on track. I had a headache to end all headaches last night and still a dull thud today but was very busy at work so the day flew by. I'm going to the cinema tonight with some girlfriends and going to have to stay strong and resist the popcorn!!

I've also started today with a start weight of 16 stone 5

I've been comfort binging so much recently and am so fed up of my size... I really need to do this! But am so scared I will 'fail' again!

Day one complete... An early night will be needed as brain is thinking about 'how unfair it is that I can't eat' hope it gets easier xx

Back