Fatty liver disease

nataby

I've just been diagnosed with fatty liver disease and have been given advice 'to lose weight.' Has anyone else had this? Anyone had success revising this whilst in slimming world? Thanks :)

I've just been diagnosed with fatty liver disease and have been given advice 'to lose weight.' Has anyone else had this? Anyone had success revising this whilst in slimming world? Thanks :)

I didn't have fatty liver disease but my doctor thinks I've lost visceral fat from around my organs this year and I haven't really cut any food groups out except trying to severely limit sugar and alcohol. Having said that I think original days might be good for this. Did your doctor give you any specific advice about this? If not you can ask or experiment with what feels right for you. SW would probably work for this fine with its emphasis on lots of superfree.

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking red days would probably be best as I was told to cut refined carbs and sugar. I have read all sorts of conflicting views on diet but I figure I can't go wrong with sw and its low fat, high fruits and vegetables approach :)

Hey, I'm a staff nurse and work alot with people with different gastric problems. Most of the time the consultants put those with liver disease/problems on high fiber low salt diets. Not sure your full history so would be worth asking for a dietician referral to get their opinion on something tailored to your needs. Sure slimming world will be suitable though. Good luck x

Back