Fav Animated Film

Gemstone1981 said:
I've been re-visiting my love for Disney (so much so that for my 30th in a few weeks I'm going to Disneyland Paris!!!) but I also love Japanese anime (especially Studio Ghibli) and I think the below list shows you're never too old for a good cartoon!

My neighbour Totoro
Beauty and the Beast
Spirited Away
Howels Moving Castle
Akira
Princess Mononoke
Mulan
Aristorcats
Cinderella
Hercules
The Last Unicorn

I'm sure there are more but I can't think of them right now!!!

You forgot Nausicaa! One of the best musical compositions in a film too....love Joe Hisaishi

You forgot Nausicaa! One of the best musical compositions in a film too....love Joe Hisaishi

I like Nausicaa, but it's not one of my top films (although you're right about the music) now Pom Poko (which I re-watched tonight) is a work of genius!! I forgot how much that film makes me giggle

I'm lucky my OH is a Ghibli fan too so we've been able to indulge in our mutual appreciation without the other rolling their eyes as another DVD or Catbus turns up in the house. Lots of our DVDs were found in little shops in China-town, London, I think at least 3 are Zoke Movie films ...... We've not had a chance to track down the shorts yet, but good to know that there's a chance of finding them somewhere.... will keep an eye out for them in London next time I'm there...

I used to watch Cinderella over and over again when I was younger.
I love Toy Story, Shrek, Finding Nemo, Shark Tale and Kung Fu Panda!

The Little Mermaid, I was obsessed as a child, I used to watch it over and over and over lol Still love it today! :D and swimming/being in the water, is still my favourite hobby :D

Ahhhh that would be "The Cat Returns" another Studio Ghibli classic, if you liked that you should try Kiki's Delivery Service and Whisper of the Heart (which also features the Baron from Cat Returns) - both are Ghibli films, both are awesome in their own way....

Excellent! Another Hayao Miyazaki fan! Whisper of the Heart is my favourite of his, I completely forget it's an anime...

Excuse me... But why has no one mentioned Nightmare before Xmas which is literally legendary movie making musical animated amazingness?!?!

I think I got it when I was young but I was too scared of it, I only got to love it about 5 years ago. Mind you I was the kid who was terrified of the child catched in chitty for years!

My all time favourite Disney film is lion king. I used to watch it all the time when I was younger and now I've got kids I watch it with them too :)

Back