Favourite curry recipe!

Jenny809

Gold Member
I'm new to sw and need a little help! Hubby and I often enjoy a curry at the weekend courtesy of the local curry house. But I've been told sw have some lovely versions on red and green days. Could you share please so I have a shopping list for tomorrow!

Thank you, very appreciated

Jen :)

I like the slimming world curry heaven book, especially the pilau rice recipe. But if you use fry light then loads of curry recipes can be free especially the tomato Based ones.

Me and my hubby LOVE curry takeaways but I cooked this and he had no idea it was slimming world, I ate a tonne of it!

Get a large pot and put in about half inch of water from the cold tap, add a lamb stock pot and put on the hob to simmer, tip in a load of cubes lamb-all vis fat removed and brown a bit, next add chopped corgettes, onions and whole baby toms. Crush two garlic cloves and add these. Then add a few (bashed) cardomon pods (really gives you a brought curry flavour), tsp of chillie powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, two dried bay leaves, five cloves and a stick of cinnamon (all these are your basic authentic curry spice combo and the little jars last me ages). In the mean time put some brought frozen spinach blocks in a dish and heat in the microwave. Back to your pot now...once these are nicely softened add two tins of chopped toms and let it all bubble away on a simmer for half hour until it reduces a bit. After this add two tbsp of instant potatoe granuals to thicken it a bit, add the spinach and a tin of cubed pineapple in natural juice. At this point you will need to season and taste and most definatlely need to add sweetener. One you think it is hot, slightly sweet and thick enough then add half of a bunch of chopped fresh corriander and mix it all together. Yum! Then bring it back to bubbling point, turn off the heat and leave for twenty mins, after that the lamb will be melt in the mouth and the sauce thickened. And TOTALLY sin free! enjoy x

P.s feel free to swap the lamb for chicken beasts and stock x

My favourite curry recipe..........
Pete’s Peanut Curry (Revisited)

(Adopted from Tesco’s real food booklet)

Not suitable for people with nut allergies

Serves 2

Ingredients

150g Pre-cooked chicken (s) (ff)
1 Onion (s) (sff)
1 chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Pepper, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Knorr “herb stockpot”
1tsp cumin
1tsp coriander
1tsp turmeric
1tbsp madras curry powder
1tbsp tomato puree (s) (sff)
1tbsp sweetener
2 Garlic cloves (sff)
2cm Ginger, grated
2tbsp smooth/crunchy peanut butter 9syns/2=4.5syns each person
200mL hot water
400g chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)

Method

In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the onion, pepper, garlic, ginger & chilli until soft.
Add the cumin, turmeric, curry powder & coriander, cook for 2 minutes with the lid on, then add the chicken, tomatoes & sweetener, cook for 10 mins. Make up stock with the stockpot + the water & add the tomato puree to the pan, mix well. Reduce the heat when boiling, simmer for 10 mins then add the peanut butter, mix well and continue to simmer for another 10 mins.
Serve with rice & side salad, sprinkle coriander if required.

Peanut Curry-2 (Small).JPG

Try the SW lamb rogan josh - my OH said it was the best I've made (and I have made a lot of curries in the past) but this is the 2nd SW one I have tried. Tried the chicken tikka masala but not too keen, the lamb rogan josh one is really authentic. I used to make it the traditional way with about 10 tbsp (yes tbsp) of fat and now just use spray oil.

Back