Favourite Genres and Most Read Authors?

Jolene81

Just wondering if people like a variety of Genres when it comes to reading?
When it comes to movies I will watch loads of different things but when it comes to books I stick to the same kind of books.
I mostly read Crime Thrillers. I love a decent Serial killer book lol
I like the usual British Crime Drama books by Martina Cole, Kimberley Chambers etc, but mostly stay in my comfort zone.
I only step out of this when someone strongly recommends a book. I do get curious now & then and I will read a book to see what all the hype is about. The 50 Shades Trilogy & The Hunger Games Trilogy (which I loved) being two examples.

So I'm just wondering what draws you to a book/genre/author? I'm nosy like that lol ;)

I go through phases with books. When I was younger I started out reading a lot of the rags to riches books by the likes of Catherine Cookson, Joan Jonker, Meg Hutchinson etc. I found the historical aspects fascinating, and was always intrigued to find out how people of different class systems lived.

Nowadays I tend to read mostly crime fiction (I really enjoyed the Rebus series by Ian Rankin), and a lot of the forensics-based fiction. I've read everything written by Patricia Cornwell, Kathy Reichs, Karin Slaughter and Karen Rose. I always wanted to be a forensic pathologist when I was younger, hence the forensic fiction! :)

Xx

I always wanted to be a Forensic Scientist when I was younger too lol
I love the Crime Thriller Authors you have mentioned, especially Karen Rose. Linda Fairstein is brilliant too and Tess Gerritson

I enjoy the same kind of genre and authors, my favourite author recently has been Richard Montanari, I would highly recommend his books. I love his main characters too, there's nothing worse than when you just can't get comfortable with the hero of the story.

I also really enjoyed Simon Beckett.

I absolutely love horror and Stephen king is one of favourite authors, read Joyland and loved it!

Back