Introduction - I'm new!!

Discussion in 'Book Club' started by Fatty-2-Fitty, 15 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Fatty-2-Fitty

Fatty-2-Fitty Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(15.98%)
    Diet:
    LipoTrim TFR
    Hi everyone!!

I love reading, I have over 200 books in my lounge!! I have all sorts but my favourite authors have to be Martina Cole, Erica Spindler and Tess Gerritsen.. What type do you read??

I have been toying with the idea of getting a kindle but really don't know if I could change from sitting down with a good book to another computer type thing lol..:confused:

My boyfriend said it would be perfect for me as I'm always reading and I can take with me wherever I go..

I was just wondering how many books can you store on a kindle..
    Really not sure but I am looking into buying one.. Maybe when I reach my goal I can buy it as a treat? :confused:

Thanks for reading :D xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. begghead

begghead Full Member

Start Weight:
    27st2lb
    Current Weight:
    27st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    hehe this is my plan aswel! its one of my "big mini goal" rewards when loose 4 stone (a long way off)

had a quick look a friends and they look and feel amazing

4. Fatty-2-Fitty

Fatty-2-Fitty Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(15.98%)
    Diet:
    LipoTrim TFR
    Really don't know if I like the idea of not buying a book and putting it on my shelf lol..
    I have every single Martina Cole book on my shelf so would kinda like to continue my collection, I also have a load of Erica Spindler, Tess Gerritesen and Lee Child novels.. Just don't know if I can completely swap over and then I think would it be worth it in the long run .. Hmmm I will have a think about it and see if I can have a look at someones or one in a shop somewhere??
    I have just under 5 stone to reach my over all goal so got plenty of time to have a look and decide lol xx

5. Gumbootlou

Gumbootlou Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had my kindle a year ago for my birthday and have never looked back. Don't get me wrong, I still read paper books but I wouldn't be without my kindle now. It's so much easier to handle when you're eating and I eat my lunch in the car at work so it's been great for me! I've also read so many book I wouldn't have read if I didn't have it. Amazon has so many free and cheaper books I will now buy a book I'm not sure about because its 69p whereas I wouldn't have taken the risk if it was say £3.99 and I've enjoyed them all. My holiday this year was a whole revelation not having handluggage filled with heavy books! I even read one while I was there and fancied another by the same author so downloaded it from my sunlounger as I have the 3g version. It's brilliant! Happy reading and when you get your kindle (I'm sure you will very soon) I know you'll love it as much as I do! :)

6. Noddynoobs

Noddynoobs Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(12.5%)
    ive got one of the new cheaper kindles and its fab! only had it since weds but im in love with it already! :)

the smaller one can 'only' store 1400 books, but if you read one a week it will still take you 27 years to read them all!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.