Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Introduction - I'm new!!

Discussion in 'Book Club' started by Fatty-2-Fitty, 15 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Fatty-2-Fitty

Fatty-2-Fitty Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(15.98%)
    Diet:
    LipoTrim TFR
    Hi everyone!!

I love reading, I have over 200 books in my lounge!! I have all sorts but my favourite authors have to be Martina Cole, Erica Spindler and Tess Gerritsen.. What type do you read??

I have been toying with the idea of getting a kindle but really don't know if I could change from sitting down with a good book to another computer type thing lol..:confused:

My boyfriend said it would be perfect for me as I'm always reading and I can take with me wherever I go..

I was just wondering how many books can you store on a kindle..
    Really not sure but I am looking into buying one.. Maybe when I reach my goal I can buy it as a treat? :confused:

Thanks for reading :D xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. begghead

begghead Full Member

Start Weight:
    27st2lb
    Current Weight:
    27st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    hehe this is my plan aswel! its one of my "big mini goal" rewards when loose 4 stone (a long way off)

had a quick look a friends and they look and feel amazing

4. Fatty-2-Fitty

Fatty-2-Fitty Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(15.98%)
    Diet:
    LipoTrim TFR
    Really don't know if I like the idea of not buying a book and putting it on my shelf lol..
    I have every single Martina Cole book on my shelf so would kinda like to continue my collection, I also have a load of Erica Spindler, Tess Gerritesen and Lee Child novels.. Just don't know if I can completely swap over and then I think would it be worth it in the long run .. Hmmm I will have a think about it and see if I can have a look at someones or one in a shop somewhere??
    I have just under 5 stone to reach my over all goal so got plenty of time to have a look and decide lol xx

5. Gumbootlou

Gumbootlou Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had my kindle a year ago for my birthday and have never looked back. Don't get me wrong, I still read paper books but I wouldn't be without my kindle now. It's so much easier to handle when you're eating and I eat my lunch in the car at work so it's been great for me! I've also read so many book I wouldn't have read if I didn't have it. Amazon has so many free and cheaper books I will now buy a book I'm not sure about because its 69p whereas I wouldn't have taken the risk if it was say £3.99 and I've enjoyed them all. My holiday this year was a whole revelation not having handluggage filled with heavy books! I even read one while I was there and fancied another by the same author so downloaded it from my sunlounger as I have the 3g version. It's brilliant! Happy reading and when you get your kindle (I'm sure you will very soon) I know you'll love it as much as I do! :)

6. Noddynoobs

Noddynoobs Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.5lb(12.5%)
    ive got one of the new cheaper kindles and its fab! only had it since weds but im in love with it already! :)

the smaller one can 'only' store 1400 books, but if you read one a week it will still take you 27 years to read them all!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.