PinkPuffin

Hi everyone!
Wow! Can't believe it's been 5 years since I was last on here! Glad to see it is back up and running!

I'm Jan, I'm 51 years old, and this will be the third diet that I have done, in my life. The first one was the Cambridge Diet, in my early 20's, and the second one was a calorie controlled diet 5 years ago, which for me, was like pulling teeth! I was on it for ages, and weight loss was extremely slow. In the end, I gave up.

I am very ill with M.E., Fibromyalgia, severe Migraines, Chronic pain etc. I therefore can't exercise, have diet restrictions, am unable to cook homemade meals, and am stuck in the house 95% of the time. I also can only get my groceries by internet shop ie. not very frequently. I have been on the drug Amitriptyline for 8 months, for migraines, and since being on it my weight has increased by 2.5 stone!! Partly due to the drug, and partly due to me comfort eating, as last year was one of the worst years of my life. I am now just into the category of " overweight". This is very scary for me as I can't exercise, and my illnesses mean that I can't cook good, healthy homemade meals.

I realise that Dr Siegal's Cookie Diet is controversial, and I am well aware of the negative aspects of this type of diet. At this moment in time, and due to my restrictions, I feel that it is the only one that may help me shed the 2 stone that I would like to get rid of. I may try and do it in 3 shorter segments, instead of one long period.

I have recently read everything I can about this diet, and realise that the guidelines have subtlety changed over the past few years. The diet is now to eat 9 x 60 calorie cookies over the day, plus a 700cal meal of protein, fruit and veg, taking it up to 1,200 cal's.

I am in the UK, and I have also realised that this diet isn't very well known over here. It is mostly centred on the U.S and Australia. I personally think that they should replace the word "cookie" with something else, because from what I am reading, it certainly isn't anything like a sweet cookie. It doesn't even contain sweeteners. One of the things that drew me too this, is that many people are stating that Dr Siegal's cookies are not sweet, and have helped them enormously in getting rid of their sweet tooth...something which I desperately need!

I would love to hear from you if you are also starting this diet. It was recently featured on the TV program "How to Lose Weight Well", in which a guy lost 1 stone 1lb in one month.

My worst enemies, when it comes to eating healthily, are Pain, Lonelyness and Boredom. There is no easy answer. I don't actually have a big appetite, so tend to snack on unhealthy, but small snacks, through the day. This is partly why I chose the Cookie Diet. I have also just bought a " Slissie"....something I came across by accident last night. I have never smoked, but this seems to be a bit like those e-cigarettes, but gives you a taste instead, which is supposed to get rid of cravings for unhealthy snacks! It was a lot of money, so I hope it works!!

PS. I am also going to trial a vibration plate, to try and help with my body pain and nerve pain but also to strengthen and tone up my muscles. Not sure if I will be able to cope with it, due to the M.E. and knee injuries, but I think it is worth having a go.

The Dr Siegal's Cookie Diet site for the UK. It's not a very user friendly site, but gives you the basics. The price quoted on this site is a lot more than I actually paid. I paid £95 for 4 week's worth.....still a lot of money, but much less than I originally thought.

N.B.
Dr Siegal's Cookie Diet is recommended by Dr Sarah Brewer:
Dr Sarah Brewer MSc (Nutr Med), MA (Cantab), MB, BChir, RNutr, MBANT qualified from Cambridge University with degrees in Natural Sciences, Medicine and Surgery. After working in general practice, she gained a Master's degree in Nutritional Medicine from the University of Surrey. Sarah is a licensed Medical Doctor, a Registered Nutritionist, a Registered Nutritional Therapist and the award winning author of over 60 popular self-help books. Sarah is the editor of YourWellness magazine www.yourwellness.com.

http://www.originalcookiediet.co.uk/

And here is an Australian site:

http://shop.ozhealthpharma.com.au/cookie-diet-variety-starter-kit/

Last edited:
I haven't started my diet yet...just a few more things to get in place, this being one of them! In 2011, I was wanting to Lose 14lbs, and had the idea of standing 14 tins of soup etc on my landing. Every time I lost a pound, I transfered a tin (which weights 1lb) to a "lbs lost" stack. 2 stone equals 2 carrier bags full of tins...28 of them in all! I could barely lift them!

Attachments

• 20160201_214647.jpg
    20160201_214647.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Back