Favourite muffin flavour?

ceridwen

Silver Member
Hey all!

I used to just mix my daily oat bran into a yoghurt, but I'm now a muffin convert... yum yum

So far I've done a cinnamon batch, and this morning I tried a vanilla batch (which is definitely my favourite so far!).

What's your favourite flavour? Hoping to get some inspiration for other varieties!!

Thanks! Cx :D

Hi :) muffins rock! I couldnt do without them now! So I have many favs, I make mine in a 12 muffin tray, my silicone cases are not as large as muffin cases. I usually make 6 of one flavour and 6 of another, freeze some and eat some. I have 6 a day using the toffee muffin reccipe on recipe thread, but always add 2 tablespoons of plain fat free yog instead of the toffee muller.

I spilt mixture in half after this stage, then add flavours!

one tablespoon of Linseed in its seed form is a tolerated item (we can have 2 tolerated a day, if needed) I bought linseed in h & barrat 59p small bag. I add a tblspn and I snip a spring onion and mix it in. These are my fav savoury ones and I have one some mornings, cut in half toasted then put bit fried egg or whatever on top they are lovely!! U can omit all the sweetner but i dont bother cos I make sweet ones with other half. I do only have one which obviously doesnt have all the tolerated seed in it so I count that and my gojiberries (I have a spoon less ) as one tolerated. Works for me!

Sweet ones I make mixed spiced & goji berry, I add a tablespon of soacked gojis. I made rhubarb ones last week, plain but dropped a spoonful of softened rhubarb into middle, rhubarb is a tolerated item.
I also make spiced and carrot, grate a small carrot into mix, these are fab on cruise on pv day with some sweetned quark and a drop of vanilla flavour mixed in, thats my icing and its GOOD!!

I made choc ones with reduced fat cocoa but dont love them, made hazelnut ones with dukan hazlenut flav but I think fav is spiced ones and linseed ;-) I am yet to make lemon, will make them though and make quark icing with lemon for icing!

Sorry for long waffle haha got a bit carried away with my muffins!

Thanks Kirsty, I will definitely give these a try!

I especially like the sound of the linseed variety with an egg :)

Oooooh quark icing......oh my!!!! Didnt even thing of that....all over it! xxxx

Plain without a doubt - made them plain by accident once and they are so much better!! I also have loads of quark icing - yummy!!

fav dukan flavourings are caramel, nougat, coconut & mocha. Not too kean on peanut or chocolate and the fruit flavours in my opinion are rank!

My favorites in order
chocolate and orange
vanilla
cinnamon
Ginger
Carrot cake
Lemon
I think this is the one food that has allowed me to enjoy and stick to Dukan. I love meat but these muffins satisfy my sweet tooth.

would be easier for me to say what flavours i dont like LOL

chocolate muffins are my favourite although i have made the toffee, lemon and carrot cakes too, all lovely quite fancy the poppy seeds to go with the lemon ones now. Cx

Do you have a 'basic' muffin recipe?? I have been using one, that mixes all the dry/bran ingrediants then mix in the whipped egg whites.....wondered what was the best recie for all these fab flavours!!??? xxx

I do
4 tbsp oat bran
2 tbsp wheat bran
4 tbsp sweetner
2 eggs
1/2 tsp baking powder
5 tbsp natural yoghurt
then your choice of flavouring 30 mins at 180
perfect every time x

That sounds more or less just like the one I use (which early on I found somewhere on this site and I doubled the recipe):

8 tbsp oat bran
4 tbsp wheat bran
1 tsp baking powder
about 5 tbsp sweetener or to taste
4 eggs (3 yolks, 4 whites beat stiff)
1 tub (250g) ff quark
flavouring and spices to taste

Makes 12 muffins, 3/day for 4 days (cruise). Bake 20 min @ 190C

I think it's the same recipe, I just do a double batch since I'm too lazy to bake them more frequently than every 4th day :) Although I might try them w/the yoghurt in place of the quark some time

I do
4 tbsp oat bran
2 tbsp wheat bran
4 tbsp sweetner
2 eggs
1/2 tsp baking powder
5 tbsp natural yoghurt
then your choice of flavouring 30 mins at 180
perfect every time x

thats my recipe ;) but i cook at 200 for 20 mins lol

I know Ellie lol your the muffin queen xxx as for 30 mins I think its my oven I need a new seal xxx

Back