Fear of the Fat...

indigostar

“I won’t love you anymore if you get more fat”

My boyfriend (now-ex :D) said this to me and a decade later, I want to overcome my obsession with food, calorie counting and low self esteem ... and learn to love myself without the need for someone else to tell me I’m lovable because of my shape or size...

I’m happy with my weight at the moment, between 126lbs - 133lbs but the “putting it back on” FEAR is still there.

I’ve never done a ‘conventional diet’ but I have tried many programs and cleanses under the sun...including macrobiotics, raw food diet, gluten free to name a few... even went through a phase of giving myself enemas! Nice!!!

Most of this has been hidden behind the guise of “being more healthy“ but I’m tired of obsessing, and I’ve decided to be honest with myself...at the root of all of my self educating about food and health, are my fears and worries about my weight...

I’m happy to be here and looking forward to sharing with you all...

The psychology of food is facinating isn't it?! I started to gain weight the minute I decided that I was 'fat' - I was 15 and about 8 stone (5'6"). I could cry when I look at pictures of myself, knowing that if anything I was underweight, and obssessing about food. I've had a love/ hate relationship with it ever since. I would reccommend slimming world as it does encourage you to eat, whilst maintaining your weight. I find as I am getting older (almost 40!) that I am gaining again so am aiming to loss it gradually, and healthily if I can, but I still feel guilty eating when I am supposed to be on a diet, and good if I feel hungry. Sorry to go on, but your post struck a chord...

Good luck

Quiche:)

Fascinating post, thanks and welcome.

Back