Fed up failing

Bless you, join the club. The only way I succeed each time is when my head is in the right place. I set a date when I have nothing on (birthdays or partys) and go for it. I start again tomorrow to try and get back to target. I think you def need to be in the right frame of mind. Good luck

dont do any diet that is too hard try and do something like upping execise and cutting fat ect.. thats the most effiecent way and we all know it..

set a goal thats achievable. and stick to it no matter what its hard but doable x

Just take it one day at a time. If you have a bad day, don't think 'well that's it I've ruined my diet' and give up. Just get right back on it the next time. Keep track of your 100% days on a calendar or similar and when you start getting a chain of 100% days it'll make you want to stick with it more so you don't break that chain. It is hard, we all have bad days (or weeks lol), but there is so much support on here. If you're havign a bad day, just come on and have a moan and you know there are others there that know exactly how you feel.

Piink's right, you have to try something that isn't too hard. If you go on a diet that isn't right for you and you find it a big struggle to stick with it then you just aren't going to stay on it. There are so many plans out there, we're all different and different plans suit different people. the hard thing is finding something that's right for you, but once you do you'll find it easier to stick to.

Good luck x

My main advice would be to think about what your danger points are and plan in advance for what you're going to do when that time happens. Otherwise you'll revert to habit (because it's easier) and more than likely fall off the wagon.

For example - if you work long hours, get home late, starving, and reach for the junk food because it's quick and to hand? If so, plan ahead a bit and make sure there's something diet friendly ready and waiting for you. Make a pot of soup or invest in a slow cooker so that your evening meal can be cooking away during the day and be ready to eat when you arrive home.

Good luck!

Like Circe's said it's worth trying to identify what particular things make dieting hard for you. This could help you find a diet that may suit you better than others.

I lost a lot of weight recently on Lighter Life and I think the main reasons for me were:
  • It involves no cooking which I hate.
  • It takes no real thought or planning which is great when I'm busy with other things or just can't be bothered.
  • It's very structured and I can't argue to myself that "just a bit more won't really be breaking the diet" like I can with a looser approach.
Mind you, that's just me. If you love cooking, are a meticulous planner and want flexibility clearly it would be totally the wrong diet.

If you have a look at the forums on this site for the different diets and ask specific questions it may help you narrow down what will work for you.

I feel the very same and Im sick of it - Im thinking of starting atkins next!

This time You will Succeed!

Hi. My name is Erika and I'm new here. I've been in the Wellness Industry for years and have been teaching about the mind/body connection. You won't fail at anything you put your mind to if you just ask yourself the pros and cons of the outcome. What do you have to change and give up to get what you want? Then realize that it's just an attitude adjustment you require. If I can help, just email me. Erika:eek:

here here re above post, keeping ur head in the right place is the most important thing. Start making lifestyle changes that u can maintain ie 1st month healthy breakfast, and more water intake. 2nd month tackle ur next meal, portion then down in size if needed before u can its content to been more healthy etc. And so on, but u will get there. Small goals, and always look at how far u have come not how far u have to go

I absolutely echo what the others have posted. Also I am finding the feel-good factor of going without what I know will not do me good far outweighs the feel-good factor that I feel if I eat it.

I think you have to tailor something entirely to you. What works for one person may not for another.

Personally I find I need two things. Not to feel hungry, and to have interesting and colourful foods. If that means convenience foods a lot of times, so be it - as least they are portion controlled, taste better than I can make, lol, and are quick when I get in from work. Plan ahead. Find your weak points. If for instance it is biscuits and crisps which you buy to keep indoors for other members of your household, let them do without, or buy what they need on a day to day basis so you don't have them.

You need support, and Minimins is the best place for that. The amount of support I see for people really struggling is amazing. Don't set yourself unrealistic goals and just take it steady with a plan that is right for you.

Good luck

Excellent thread. Such supportive posts.

I have quit LL for the third time today. I was only on day 2 and I was beating myself up a bit because I read so much on here about people who have made it work.

This thread has made me think that I can lose the weight my own way. And that I'm not a failure because I can't stick to LL. Thank you.

Hi. My name is Erika and I'm new here. I've been in the Wellness Industry for years and have been teaching about the mind/body connection. You won't fail at anything you put your mind to if you just ask yourself the pros and cons of the outcome. What do you have to change and give up to get what you want? Then realize that it's just an attitude adjustment you require. If I can help, just email me. Erika:eek:

Thats easier said than done though!!! Any tips Erika xx

Mirafu has hit the nail right on the head, it's about a lifestyle change, a long term plan, not just a quick fix 'diet' as that won't work for anybody. You have to learn to get rid of your bad habits, if you do a plan just to return to the way you ate before, then of course you'll put on weight again. You also need to be in the right frame of mind and determined to succeed! Again, easier said than done.

I agree as well, it's got to be a lifestyle change rather than just a diet you go on because by going on something, it implies at some point you will come off it. Then the weight piles back on in what seems like 10 minutes!

Having been through this vicious cycle so often, I am determined to make a lasting change this time. I sat and really thought about, what eating plan could I happily follow for life, both to lose the weight and then maintain it. For me, it is calorie counting. I like the idea of being able to eat whatever I want as long as I keep within my allowance. I find even a small amount of the foods I fancy, stops a binge.

Have a look at the replies on my post above 'kick me' - it gave me a new start

Back