Fed up...not cos of LT tho!!

zachara

Hey guys,

Went to my private dentist today for a maintenance check up for the veneers on my teeth...they xrayed my teeth and discovered I have a big absess in my gum which is gonna need either root canal work or very minor surgery to correct! :eek: They do not want it to get worse before I start having some real pain (no pain at minute touch wood!!)!! Such a shock as thought i was going for a quick check up!

So im utterly miserable now!! Couldnt even drink my shake after lunch as felt sick to my stomach at the thought of more work on my teeth!
But having it now instead.

Boo hoo!!!:cry:

Awwww hun I hate the dentist too......though I am sure it would be better having it done now before it becomes painful.
Have you been given an appointment to have it done...?

Aaaw Jenni thats just appalling, I would be in bits - I have total dentaphobia....
I hope they can fix it without too much pain, terror, and money!

Aww poor you. However, it's best to get it done now before it really becomes troublesome.

How come you went private? I have vaneers and got them done on the nhs. They look pretty good.

Hey guys,

Went to my private dentist today for a maintenance check up for the veneers on my teeth...they xrayed my teeth and discovered I have a big absess in my gum which is gonna need either root canal work or very minor surgery to correct! :eek: They do not want it to get worse before I start having some real pain (no pain at minute touch wood!!)!! Such a shock as thought i was going for a quick check up!

So im utterly miserable now!! Couldnt even drink my shake after lunch as felt sick to my stomach at the thought of more work on my teeth!
But having it now instead.

Boo hoo!!!:cry:

Oh poor you...had root canal work about 4 years ago..I wont lie - it aint pleasant but its better to get rid of the absess and it will be over quickly!!

On a selfish point...would love to get vaneers....did you have you get your teeth filed down much (or is that a totally silly question!!!) to get them on?? What the life span etc?

I had my teeth filed and then had to come back in two weeks (cold water on them was excruciating). But now they are on they look fantastic and they last about 15 years. I got them done for free after having my daughter.

I had to have them done, having my daughter really ruined my teeth.

Mine were fine after having my son...but I have never really like my teeth...and I think vaneers look so fab! Dont fancy the idea of all that filing...sounds so painful....

Well peeps

Saw my NHS dentist today and he said we dont need to do anything just yet as Im in no pain and my body is fighting the absess as my immune system would with any bacteria...so no pain - no need to take action just yet!! Yeh!!

Probably will still need root canal but only when my body starts to reaact against the absess SO touch wood I can ward it off for some time yet!

Veneers are great...I love mine! Went private as my NHS ones were a bit crap looking and now you wouldnt even know they were veneers! Yes they do file your teeth down (which isnt a particularly pleasant experience!) to little pegs..they look like baby teeth and then mould temporarys while your veneers are made. I only had my temps on a week and they looked good but WOW when I got the veneers on they looked FAB!

SO happy with mine!

Thanks for the support guys, felt really down when I found out but loads better now! Not really followed LT this week as not been too well but not put on which is good...so still 11lbs off. Going chemist on Sat to get supply for next week so will report on a loss a week on sat I hope!! Fingers crossed!!!

Reactions: Bea
Oh thats such good news...have a good weekend.

Back