fed up of always failing

limes

I am so bored of starting full of motivation to then give up and feel a failure, This is now a habit. and i hate it.

How do you break this pattern.? Is there something that needs to trigger to get to your goal?

I joined ww online yesterday. already this year i have joined WW meeting jan. SW meetings march and now ww online

i dont think going to class is for me. i need to find my own self discipline. I love i phone app and online so hoping this time is the last time i fail

lynda x

To be honest as with any diet it's the 'want' that will keep you going... Summer I find easier... Reading on here helps enormously... Is WW the diet you prefer ? X

Hi Lynda! I kno what u mean! I want it but still fall off the wagon! Finding PP really motivating coz I can eat and drink out :) everyone here can help so just ask! Good luck xx

This forum has been helping me a lot. More than my family who laughed at me when I told them my goal weight. I'm quite small so I really want to be my ideal weight. Tired of being chubby mommy. :) I'm getting more motivated now that nobody believes that I can. weird.
Even you fall off the wagon, you should keep going and don't give up. It's something you want to do for yourself.
xx

Hiya I understand because I have given up on countless diets, things just seem to get too hard! But what I have been doing is jsut trying to keep going, I have just changed from SW and I think a change has helped. But the main thing for me has been to realise that I have to work at this, I cant just join a class and lose weight, I have to be aware of what I do and eat and keep at it - even if it comes off slow it will come off, so dont let one bad week turn into the end and start again a few months later :)

Good luck - you can do it!! Believe in yourself!! xxx

I agree it helps massively... Oh and I agree totally when someone says ' you can't or won't ' I think YES I can... X

its good to be super motivated but it tails off and thats where it gets hard.
How much do you want it?
If you want it that bad then don't give in to wanting what you can't have.
No one said it was easy, somedays are harder than others, but just make it through the day and all those days add up.
best of luck :)

Motivation, is hard to keep, especially if you have a big amount of weight to lose.I remember thinking at nearly 19st I could never make it to 15 st, but by chipping away at it I did.....
I think it can sometimes be a bad thing to make your targets too big, I am SO happy with even a pesky pound lost, and I hope to eventually get to living by the 80 / 20 rule......
Now I think about actually reaching 12 st, and know it's not impossible.....

Diva x

I lost 2 stone with exante then gave up cause of bingeing. Joined ww but 2 weeks in I'm still bingeing. It's hard sometimes but it will click one day & all work out -good luck xo

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I am so bored of starting full of motivation to then give up and feel a failure, This is now a habit. and i hate it.

How do you break this pattern.? Is there something that needs to trigger to get to your goal?

I joined ww online yesterday. already this year i have joined WW meeting jan. SW meetings march and now ww online

i dont think going to class is for me. i need to find my own self discipline. I love i phone app and online so hoping this time is the last time i fail

lynda x

Hi Limes, how are you feeling? Have you been trawling through here for ideas?? Breaking bad habits is sooo hard, try to tackle one at a time...at the mo I am fighting my evening munchies craving....it was bad last night, but didn't give in!!

Sending you a hug!

Diva x

Limes, sometimes the bigger picture is just too overwhelming and you need to break it down into steps. -53lb could easily be you this time next year, but I think we all understand how overwhelming that seems in one go.

Set yourself minigoals, like I want to lose 7lb by the end of May, or I want to be 1st lighter by July, and make it realistic and it'll feel far more manageable. Then treat yourself!!!! I used to put £1 in a piggybank for every £1 I lost, when I got to Gold I put it towards a shopping spree.

My next goal is to get back to 12st 6lb (Gold weight), then after that it's 12st 4lb (Smallest I've been in 4 years).. then under 12st - so they're real little goals.

Try not to think of it as failing - it's a horrible word! Take it step by step and feel positive by what you're doing each week - don't be super strict on yourself, don't think of it as a diet, it's something you've got to change slowly :) And this forum is AWESOME.

thank you for all your lovely replys. just gonna take one day at a time. and try my hardest at making the right choice. yesterday went to pub for a meal. was curry night. i would have gone for the creamy choice but went for the tomato based really enjoyed it . feel very proud today i made the right choice.

Your post could have been written by me
In the past eight wks ive tried ww w8 sw and im now bak at ww
Have been doing ok but really struggled this wk wasnt even going to go tonite
But everyone on here has great advise and i wil go
Plus i go with my pal and she woudnt go herself so i cant muck up her wk
Good luk to us both we can do it
And everyone have a great day it so sunny here can hardly believe it

Back