Fed up with friend :(

polishrose

Gold Member
She is on CD and keeps cheating and yet she consistently loses weight-sometimes more than me.It's so unfair considering what she's eating :(

rose, have you actually seen her eat, or is it just on her say so?
what was her starting weight? is it more than you?
so many variables hun, try no to worry and don't cheat yourself your doing fantastic and thats all you have to worry about at this time.

xx

Yes I've seen her a few times and also she has told me the other times-she got drunk the other day and rang me too.She has a lot less to lose than me...about 4 stone to go, where I have over 8 to go still :(

I don't think it should worry you. Remember you are choosing to stick to it 100% to attain the best possible results; if your friend wants to cheat, let her but that isn't what the CD is about. It's about re-evaluating your relationship with food. Worry about how you're doing and not your friend :)

Last edited:
Your weight losses are fab! All good things come to those who wait!

its alright - it'll bite her in the @rse soon enough.

Hmm, you have 8 stone and she has 4? What's the betting you get to goal first!

I would like to repeat what was said above....
CD is all about learning to change the negative associations and relationships we have with food.
Anyone will lose weight what ever they do, if they take in less calories than they are using, BUT only those of us (including you Rose) who work through the plans properly, making real changes and then maintaining properly, will go on to real sucess!
You are doing really fantastic Rose and you will be slim for ever....
I find it odd that she is doing this and bragging about how many times she 'cheats' most of us take great pride in doing this difficult job correctly and to the best of our ability :)
x

You'll lose the weight, maintain and stay slim, she will lose the weight and put it back on again. Its important to remember that its not you she's cheating but herself. Dieting is as much about changing your mental view of food . You are in control, she isnt.
She probably has a faster metabolism or maybe does a more active job???.
Keep up the good work and just ignore what she's doing and worry about number 1 :)

Thanks all :) You helped a lot.I'm determined to stay 100% no matter what.

You'll lose the weight, maintain and stay slim, she will lose the weight and put it back on again. Its important to remember that its not you she's cheating but herself. Dieting is as much about changing your mental view of food . You are in control, she isnt.

This is exactly what i was about to say! :D

You have a better handle on the issues of food...where as she is getting a false result by cheating and thinking its ok to do it like that!
Rather do it properly and slower than cheat and end up piling the weight back on hun! Your doing fantastically....!
As for the drinking....its just too dangerous to risk....stupid if you ask me hun!
Keep up the good work hun
xxxx

Hey hon
You are doing so well........ and you should be so proud of yourself.
Your friend may lose the weight but the chances are she isnt going to keep it off.. Your doing fab.. so let her get on with it because it will suddenly all arrive back on her hips.
Chin up sweetie you will come out the better one.
xxxx

sounds to me that your friend isn't learning anything and probably will yo yo (may be wrong but, .........)
your doing great so keep it up xx

the fact remains Rose, you are doing great!!

Its so hard not to compare ourselves with others, but looking after number 1 is one of the most important parts of this diet IMHO..
Keep up the good work and just smile when your friend telsl you how fab she is doing.. even after cheating...

x

plus - nasty as it sounds when she does stall and put on, you can stand there slim (inwardly thinking "I told you so") but outwardly being nice/consolatory.

Sometimes, it feels rewarding to be a bit of a *****.

She's just sent me a text to say that even though she ate (won't say what but it was full of carbs) 2 days ago she's lost another 2 kilos on her scales since then(she weighs every day)...grrr.....is it mean of me to wish that she would gain if she's cheating?Ah well.I'll just keep plodding along.

how good a friend is she hun? Is it worth saying to her that you hope the cheating doesnt catch up with her eventually? or stick to it this week and then see how much you actually lose.
My cdc said that everytime you cheat, you gain because you could have lost more....now that keeps me on the straight and narrow....!
Your doing super hun, if it isnt something you can approach her about, then just let her get on with it xxx

Back