Fed up

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Miss_Bettany, 30 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Miss_Bettany

Miss_Bettany Full Member

Today was my brother and his girlfriends engagement "do". At a gorgeous Italian restaurant. And they've asked me to make their wedding cake...3 tier, one victoria sponge, then carrot cake, then chocolate gateaux.

So I had to sit there with 25 people, her family as well as mine, while thy all ate a 3 course meal, drank wine etc, with my jugs of iced water and the staff continually asking "you no eat?"

I'm fed up. All I wanted were garlic mushrooms and steak diane.... :cry::cry::cry:
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. toller-girl

toller-girl constantly confused

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    was Lighter Life, now Cambridge Diet
    Aww I'm not surprised you feel miserable :(

BUT... you did it!! Let yourself feel smug and be proud of your self control :party0011:

Think how good you'll feel when you step on the scales, and how awful you would've felt if you had cheated. :gen126:
  4. doubledumplings

doubledumplings Silver Member

cambridge diet
    arrrrhhhhhhhh i know its so hard when u have a family get together and cant eat but just think how ull feel at their wedding when uve lost the weight im sure thats better than any garlic mushroom lol, just keep going the way ur going and ull be there in no time ashley xx
  5. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Like Toller I can fully understand why you feel the way you do and sympathise with you for having to do it ...... but you've done it now, you succeeded and you should be so proud of yourself for that. If you had eaten then to be honest after a few mouthfuls you'd probably wish that you hadn't - then you'd struggle getting back into ketosis etc.

You can eat and look stunning at their wedding :D
  6. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    CD SS
    I know its tough hun but be proud of yourself and the willpower and controlled you showed, you will be rewarded at weigh in!!

7. silhouettes

silhouettes Silver Member

well done on your restraint, what a fantastic achievement.
    I hope you feel really proud of yourself as that was definitely a difficult situation to be in
    si x
  8. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Blooming heck.. you deserve a medal.. Well done you..!!!!!!!!!! you should be proud of yourself love.. big big big pat on the back..!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x x x x x
  9. debz32

debz32 Gold Member

awwwww....big hugs to you - and big WELL DONE on sticking to plan - that's fantastic !!! what an achievement :D

...and remember garlic mushrooms and steak diane will still be there when you're at goal.....;)

you 'don't eat just now cos you've chosen not to'.....stick with it hun - doin great !!!

Debz xx
  10. Donnalou86

Donnalou86 Striving for slimness

aaw I really do sympathise it's hard enduring family events that revolve around eating, very well done for resisting that shows how dedicated you are!

p.s lol it's really bad but one of the main things I thought when reading the post was wwwooooowwww mmmmm that cake sounds amazing!!! hehe
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.