Feel a bit mean :(

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by AmyE, 16 June 2010 Social URL.

1. AmyE

AmyE Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.2%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    I finish college this week and as some friends are not going to be able to make it to the graduation party, they're going out for a meal tommorow its been planned for a while that we'd go out for a meal, but I've just said I can't go, as they'd probably try to talk me into eating something (plus I don't feel ready to sit in a restaurant yet)

I can probably get away with not eating at the graduation because they'll all be too drunk to notice anyway lol. I have said we could make it a regular thing as we are going to different universities after this, so will be able to do it again.

Still feel a bit mean though :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. minxie

minxie One day at a time!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.76%)
    Diet:
    Low carbs
    Don't feel mean, I find it all too easy to find an excuse to eat and it all goes horribly wrong. I think you've been very kind to yourself by not going - wait for that reward on the scales:)

4. beinggood

beinggood Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.39%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Amy, you do what you need to do .... I would probably do the same too but lucky for me I have had no invites lately. (thats real bad lol)

5. SacredSilence

SacredSilence I

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(31.8%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating & Exercise
    Awww hunnie, I think you did the right thing.

You know your friends and know they would pressure you into eating, then you would probably cave and end up berating yourself for it after.

Like you said, There will be plenty other times to meet up and go for meals :D

**hugs Xxx

6. MrsN

MrsN Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.59%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Its so hard - I've just had 3 weeks off as I couldn't say no and really regrett it now so do what you have to do. Its not forever - mmm really need to take my own advice!!

7. BeckyN

BeckyN Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(7.36%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    I know what you mean, it seems awful to miss special occassions.
    But you do what's best for you, friends will understand (maybe in a couple of days anyway:)) and the diet is only for a limited time, so you could have a 6 month graduation anniversary or something in the coming months to make up?

Good Luck with the graduation, and do what's best for you xx

8. AmyE

AmyE Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.2%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    Thanks, well I didn't go (they know I'm on the diet now and were fine about it) and we'll be meeting up every few months anyway, as we're going to different universities. As for the graduation, I'll be going to the day time award ceramony but probably not to the party afterwards :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.