feel like I've got so far to go...

liz1987

I've nearly completed my third week of SSing (weigh in tonight), but I'm having a bit of a low day today. Although I've lost a stone in the first two weeks, I don't feel like I'm going to have lost anything tonight (even though I've always been 100%).

I just feel like I'm never going to reach the end of this - I've still got over 4 stone to go until I'm at a healthy BMI.

Do other people have days where it all just seems too much? How do you get through?

Sorry about the moaning!

Hun, don't see the total amount you have to lose just set yourself minigoals each week...that way, everytime you have reached the mini goal and seeing yourself decrease in weight will definitely be the incentive needed to progress further....remember every little helps, be it a 1 lb or 0.5 lbs...it all adds up at the end!

Yeah,I was feeling like this a couple of weeks ago. Just take each day one by one, it's much easier that way!

Hun, don't see the total amount you have to lose just set yourself minigoals each week...that way, everytime you have reached the mini goal and seeing yourself decrease in weight will definitely be the incentive needed to progress further....remember every little helps, be it a 1 lb or 0.5 lbs...it all adds up at the end!

I totally agree. I am a CD Returner and the first time around I went week by week, now, I go day by day, sometimes even hour by hour if things get hard.

You just need to find something that is important to you that will keep you going, whether it is being able to wear a bikini in the summer, to finally fitting in to clothes from you favourite shops, or to showing your friends and family how fabulous you can look!

For me, it is a wedding dress fitting in 8 weeks that is keeping me on the straight and narrow. Not only that but I have always been known as the fat one within my group of friends, and I don't want to be that girl anymore, I want to feel confident and happy in myself, to look in the mirror and be happy with what I see, I'm not sure I have ever felt this feeling, and we all are beautiful women and deserve to feel this way! :grouphugg:

Hey Liz..
Hang in there hon. we all get days when we feel like that.. Its best to take each day as it comes. When I first started cd I used to read other posts and think I wish I was there already.. and now Im already starting week 14 tomorrow.

Losing a stone in 2 weeks is fantastic and I am sure tonight at wi you would have lost more!!

Your doing fab hon hang in there stay positive and you will see the weight drop off..

xxx

thank you so much for all your lovely replies.

I don't know whats wrong with me today, I'm usually quite positive about it all. I'm finding it difficult because I can't see a change in myself even though other people are commenting about my weight loss.

Does anyone else find it hard to see the weight change?

I had a bad day yesterday, so very nearly quit the diet even though I have been 100% for the last nearly 7 weeks.... I just craved food even though I wasn't hungry and thought I could finish my final 1 3/4 stone with low carbing... but this morning I got up feeling much more positive and am not struggling nearly as much again. I am always thrilled when I drop down into the next stone down, so I always make that my aim, unfortunately I dropped last week when my CDC was not available to weigh me, so the excitement wasn't quite the same, but I guess that makes me even more determined to get down to the 10s in a few weeks time..... so set some mini goals and aim for them, it is great when you can tick them off your list...

Liz did you take some before pics? Take new ones every month and you'll be amazed at the difference. I started losing weight through diet and exercise back in November but didn't see any changes at all. When I started CD 3 weeks ago I took new pics and was floored at the difference. You can do this hun X

thanks everybody!

Well I've updated my signature with some mini goals, hoping it will spur me on to keep going.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!

I don't know whats wrong with me today, I'm usually quite positive about it all. I'm finding it difficult because I can't see a change in myself even though other people are commenting about my weight loss.

I've lost 4.5st and still don't see much of a difference :eek: I can see it in my clothes obviously and loads of people pass comment, and I can see a bit of a change in photo's :confused: but I look in the mirror and to me there's hardly any change at all :eek:

Liz did you take some before pics? Take new ones every month and you'll be amazed at the difference.

Great idea.

I have lots to lose too and sometimes it seems like it'll take forever.

I just set myself a goal till I next see my CDS in two weeks (SS 100%) then I will treat myself with something (prob a new purchase :p) when I achieve it.

When I find it difficult I just keep thinking about 'the prize' ie why I'm losing weight and then, glug some delicious water and then find something to distract me - reading, manicure, bath, fake tan - and then its time for bed with another day done ;)

Hope your feeling better.
Good luck with WI, let us know how you get on :)

I guess it is hard to see the positive changes as we look at ourselves day in and day out. But you have come such a long way and we all have low days when the task in front of us seems too huge, but we will get to goal if we stick with it.

A few girls at work have started slimming world and I listen to them talking about what they can and can not have and loosing 1lb to 2lb a week! I think I am lucky. I do not have to think too much about what to eat or prepare the food that has been done for me and if we stick with it we have the potential to loose weight in 1/2 the time we could on another weight loss programme.

I agree with mini goals. I did a word doc up with all my mini goals and tick them off when I achieve them. For me, that really helped! Every half stone is a mini victory. And then before you know it you will be 4 stone down and closing in on goal. I understand your frustration,I had 8 stone to lose when I started losing weight and I can't quite comprehend that I have 2 and a half to go. Still a lot but it feels manageable.

Hi Liz

First;y, your weight loss so far is fantastic! You should be really proud that you have lost a stone already.
Secondly, I think it is much easier for other people to see the change - we look at ourselves day in day out. Reading some of the other posts, I also wonder if we get a 'fixed' idea in our heads of how we look? Like, we always see ourselves as big, even when we lose weight?
Anyway, I really think you have to focus on each day on its own and let the future take care of itself - easy to say, I know!

Ellie xx

Thank you so much for all your lovely replies!

After moaning on this thread about how I didn't think I'd lost any weight that week, I'd actually lost 6 pounds. Need to learn to trust the diet!

I feel much more positive this week, still a long way to go but I feel its do-able.

My next weight in is 2morrow - nervous again but fingers crossed for another good loss!

Im only on day 5 and im feeling the strain! lol
Just don't allow yourself to give up, try to remind yourself everyday of why you started cd in the first place, thats what im doing!
good luck xx

I do have days where it all feels too much. I dont know i get through it but i do. Maybe the key is to just remind yourself why you are doing this,be it for your health or for your confidence or both. Coming on here does help,sometimes just getting it out is therapy!good luck, you CAN do it.

1. it takes your brain a bit of time to catch up. I've lost 3.5 stone all in and still can't see it. Everyone else can, I can see it in pics I just can't feel it. I will though it will catch up. I mean I can wear skinny fit 14 jeans and I used to be a 20, so I must have lost weight.

2. As for feeling like you're going to be on it forever - I get that too. I do, but time will pass anyway. Next month will come around whether you like it or not, you'll be a month older etc. The difference is you could be over a stone lighter within that month. Do something with your time, you only get one shot at this.

3. Keep busy. I gave myself a pedicure the other night, painted toenails and everything :D, take up knitting, reading, card making something to keep your hand and brain busy.

Stay positive, you will get there. Honest

Well done Liz!!! I feel like that every WI day, I shake as I get on the scales and cross my fingers....but then I've not been quite 100% so there we go lol.....You're doing really well, and if other people can see you weight dropping off then it MUST be showing. Like EllieMellie posted, we do tend to have a fixed idea of what we look like, in my case I didn't imagine in a million years I looked as bad as I did....until my CDC took a pic of me on my first day (see my album) I was like OMIGOD!!!!!! (the red jumper has now been binned) xxxx

I mean I can wear skinny fit 14 jeans and I used to be a 20, so I must have lost weight.

i am sooooooo like this a year ago i was 24 stone busting outta a 26 now im a 22-24 i must lost weight but dont feel it yet:eek:

Back