Feel Like Throwing in the Towel

lyndzi76

Gold Member
Really found the past 2 weeks hard. Also paid off a huge loan this week and will be skint for about the next 3 months so will be tough to find the money for CD.
Also starting with tomorrow I have social events cropping up once or twice a week.

I wish I could knuckle down and shift this last but of weight...how long till it's all gone x x x :cry:

The first couple of weeks are tough on a vlcd but it does get easier.

If you moved up to one of the higher plans it might work out less expensive and you could work around having to eat meals out.

Step 3

This programme adds fruit and carbohydrate to the 810 kcal meal in Step 2. It is suitable for those who prefer to lose weight more gradually or those whose lifestyle makes it impossible to avoid conventional eating.
What do you eat?

Two Cambridge Weight Plan meals - this is essential, plus a range of regular meal options. Speak to your Consultant for more details.

We recommend that you have 2.25l (4 pts) fluids which can include:
  • Tea, coffee, herbal teas (leaf not flower).
  • Your daily portion of milk.
  • Zero calorie drinks (Cambridge drink flavourings, carbonates, squashes, flavoured waters, etc).

It's still only a 1,000 calories a day...you would need to work up the plans if you did decide to go that way.

Sorry you are struggling, I guess most of us do at some point. Mini's advice is really good as you can also fit it around your social life. Don't just throw in the towel as you'll put back all that weight while having a good time and then you'd just be beating yourself up again afterwards. Keep at it, your loss so far is really good:)

Thanks guy's. I think I'm going to tackle another week of SS and see if I can get some over time in to pay for it and were now not going out tomorrow so looking up.

Thank you for the advice and soon as I start strart struggling I may move up the plans.

Nah I'm still really struggling. Thinking about switching to SW but not sure what my weight loss will be. I only have 2 stone left to loose but can't get my head in gear and boy what a waste of money it is for me nit being 100%. Need to do some serious thinking.

Sounds like you have lost your CD mojo, its a tough diet, and takes the right frame of mind, maybe a change to SW or WW is what you need, you will know very quickly after starting it if you made the right choice to change or if you want to go back to CD.

I gave up and went on to WW in week 3 for 2 days because I had struggled so much in week 3 and I am glad that I did it because it helped me find my CD mojo and I went back to it and have been able to cope much better with it since.

Granted I have had 2 planned meals since I came back on it and looking forward to those helped me keep on track the other days, but I still have managed to lose almost 7lbs during those 2 weeks.

Dont be afraid to make the switch if it is right for you, it is a long road to shifing the weight. No matter what diet you are doing, if you are committed to it you will lose

Best of luck whatever your choice

Back