Feel like throwing towel in grr

jacqui35

Silver Member
Hi all

Well been a saint this week and just had a peak on scales and im sts and they same as the sw scales, im drinking more eaten green this week and all i keep getting are really slow loses or nothing and its really getting to me. Had the same probs on ww and im just wondering if another diet might suit me better, or is it the depo stopping me losing ahhhhh just cant win. its taken me foreva to lose one stone while others lose it in half time or quarter than me its just not fair.

I get weighed tomorrow and i feel like just eating what i want cos whateva i eat im gonna be the same tomoz, exactly the same weight now. And why is it when i cheat i lose more :eek:.

Sorry for rant, feel better now, just when ive done something so well i like to be rewarded for good efforts and i aint gonna be lol :cry:. I no ive ranted but not in a bad mood at all which is strange, just dunno what to do.

Have a good day :D:D

((((hugs)))) Don't throw the towel in hun, even if it is slow at least it is coming off xx

Hi Jacqui,

I was actually about to post the exact same thing! I lost 1 stone in 2 months, half a stone in 3 months & now if I dont sts I gain for no reason. I also wondered if maybe SW wont work for me much longer, its so irritating as I love it.

Have you asked you consultant for tips or anything??

Jacquie, No!!!! you can't throw the towel in - come on you have been doing so well lately, you may just be carrying a little extra water this week, (green days always make me feel a little bloated) but whatever this 'blip' is, it will right itself and you will begin to lose again.

Don't throw it all away, just think how lovely you will look on your holiday - sending you hugs and best wishes, love to you. X

It may be worth asking your consultant for an SAS log. I have done these in the past and they are really helpful and often point out something that was hampering our loss which we hadn't thought of.

It also helps you identify areas of sabotage and how to overcome them in the future. e.g. weighing yourself at home before weigh-in makes you eat more, so what can you do next time to help the situation?

Good luck
xxxxx

Hi Jacquie!

I'm exactly the same so i know HOW frustrating it is! I've been on SW 11 weeks now and have only lost 9lbs! It's sooooo slow! I had 2 weeks where i couldnt have put more effort in with the diet, stuck to it 100% and lost 1lb the 1st week and put 0.5lbs ON the second week!!! Yet i had a week completely off track last week, cheated like mad every day, yet i lost 1.5lbs yesterday! Just as i did last time i cheated!

My consultant just tells people to have variety. Don't stick to the same foods or the same days but chop and change if you can. So i'm going to give that a try next week, 2 red, 2 green and 2 extra easy (can't eat till after i've been weighed on Mondays haha) so we will see if that makes a difference!

Don't give up though hun. I thought about it myself last week which is why i went off the rails for a week! I looked around my group last night n thought i'd much rather lose a steady 1 to 1.5 a week than lose 2 one week and then put 1.5 back on the week after like so many in my group do! It'll be slower but ill get to where i want to be quicker than they will!

Stick with it honey...you'll get there :D xx

OH NO YOU'RE NOT MADAM! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT! This is what you get for having a sneaky peek!

OH NO YOU'RE NOT MADAM! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT! This is what you get for having a sneaky peek! :asskick: Just because they say you haven't lost today doesn't mean you won't have tomorrow! And trust me scales can vary , even if they seem to be the same as SWs most of the time. Last week mine said I'd put on and I stayed the same!
You've overcome SO much in your life, you are NOT going to give up now! Put yourself first for once! Just be careful and you will have a loss. You can do this!

Hi there

Sneaky peaks are bad, that's why we are advised against them. However out of curiosity, ages ago, I decided to see how my weight fluctuated during the week and as far as my weight loss goes one day i could weigh x stone and 12 lbs the next day x stone 13 lbs and the day after x stone 11 lbs.

What I am trying to say in my rambling way is wait until weigh in you don't know for certain that you have stayed the same yet. You may lose some weight between now and then.

But please don't chuck it in, and as has been mentioned try an SAS log, there maybe something you don't even realise.

Liz

OH NO YOU'RE NOT MADAM! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT! This is what you get for having a sneaky peek! :asskick: Just because they say you haven't lost today doesn't mean you won't have tomorrow! And trust me scales can vary , even if they seem to be the same as SWs most of the time. Last week mine said I'd put on and I stayed the same!
You've overcome SO much in your life, you are NOT going to give up now! Put yourself first for once! Just be careful and you will have a loss. You can do this!

Yes mum hehe, thanks all for responding but i think i was moody cos of other post i posted. But i think its EXTRA EASY as from wednesday, you always right judi so back on that, i honestly thought going on green would boost a bit of weight lost as i use to lose loads on green but stop as i wanted to vary my food.

I know how you feel. Like you I have been a saint all week. Stayed on reds everyday because I thought it would speed it up. Even eat loads of veggies every day. Lost a pound. Consultant said do some more exercise, but I thought this diet was good even if you didn't exercise. Not going to give up though. I would probably undo all the hard work so far and I am not going down that road. Good luck for weigh in.

I cant really comment as im only on my fourth day but i was told when your on a green day in you do it for a full week you may retain alot of water! I kno each person was differeny my leader said try my best to have a mixture of days, but my friend does JUST green and EE an when shes good she has AMAZING losses!!!
Sorry if i was no help i just thought id say somthing :)
I hope your losses start going further an further up soon xx

hi i have been having same prob did red /green to start with started geting maimtains evrey week so tried extra easy stayed same then put on my consultant told me to have a full week of red according to my wiii i have lost 2lbs wont know if its realy worked till get weighed tonight at class will let you know lol if you mean depo as in the contraceptive my doc told me that if he put me on it i prob would put on weight so it could effect it ,i had a freind who doubled in size because of it ,keep it varied as others have said and good luck x

:hug99:You are under a lot of stress and it's so easy to throw in the towel. Please stick with it and maybe treat it as a way of life so it doesn't really matter if you sts or gain as you can bet you'll lose next week.

Good luck for your weigh in and for next week. EE is the way to go, slow but steady. xx

I just wanted to add that although you have had the depo injection your body will still go through the process of preparing yourself for a period, even though you wont have one!
You could be holding fluid as the others have said, so please dont throw in the towel!

xxx

Thanks for all your lovely replys.

I dont think that my other post helped with the way i was feeling today, but i feel much better now and had a shower and all refreshed now so :grouphugg:i truly wanna give ya all a hug, because without all your support i would of thrown the towel in a long time ago and maybe a few times too lol.

:thankyou: all again.

Going to get son and take him to shopping hehe but time for just me and him while other in after school club and treat them both to maccies and i will resist i always do :innocent0002:

Agree with what everyone has said - don't throw in the towel! It doesn't matter how long your journey takes. What matters is that you get to your final destination! I know it's frustrating but please stick with it. Also, on your green days are you eating lots of superfree foods (fruit & veg) to bulk out your carbs? Do you have any food diaries we can look at and see if there is anything we can help tweak?

Dont give up! think about why you joined, and what you have achieved so far, one thing our consultant says to people who get static is go back to basics -when you have been on sw for a while you can get complacent and you start to forget about the little slips here and there, try writing everything down, weigh and measure all HE and syns, fill up on free food and speed food, drink lots of water,
I hope this helps and I am not just telling you what you know already
chin up and take care xx

I have to say, I put on 2 stone in 18 months with the depo, and I couldn't lose it again for the life of me!! My nurse did tell me this was normal. She said while the depo doesn't necessarily make you bigger, if you ahve that tendancy to put on weight, you put it on a lot easier and find it impossible to lose it!!Saying that 7 months later, my body is still not back to normal, periods are sort of all over the place, and I'm still finding it ahrd to lose weight. My boobs killed me for about 4 months. It sort of made me realise the strength of the drug, and put me off anyway. Sorry to ramble, but if you google depo and weight gain, you will fins allsorts. Just something to think about, as i really do know how frustrating it is. I was putting a few lbs on on holiday or at christmas, and jsut couldn't shift a lb of it after. Still can't it seems.

Lynda

I put on 2 stone with depo, and stillc an't lose it!! My nurse said it was normal, and it makes it nigh on impossible to lose it. Seven months later and my body is still not back to normal, and I still can't lose weight. Google it. |I was putting the normal amount of weight on at xmas and holidays, and then completely unable to lose a lb of it after. Still can't so frustrating. Just somehting to think about.

Lynda

Back