Feeling a bit deflated on Orlistat/Xenical.

Jessica_Dolly said:
I have been using My Fitness Pal to track my cals, I'm having roughly 1500 a day, usually less than that. Ive got 3 stone 12lbs to lose. It just feels like I have completely changed my diet and started to move more and only lost 2lbs. I am going to carry on taking the tablets but I am going to see the doctor on wednesday (hopefully) and just see if there is anything they can suggest.

Have you set an amount to lose per week into MFP and let it set your calories for you? I'd say you're losing the right amount for 1,500 a day, so keep it up! :) xx

I hate to say it but the idea isn't to get the tango sued effects. The goal is to eat so that you never have to experience them. Lexie lost 7 stone without a single tango experience

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I totally agree... the thought of having a tango experience scares the bahooleys out of me and is certainly keeping me on the straight and narrow. People call it a "side effect"...but its not a side effect. Its a "consequence" of not eating as you should be whilst on the tablets. :)

well have weighed in at sw and a 1lb loss a bit deflated again have had only had one slip up and that was sat night i shall carry on but was hoping for at least 2lb

Keep going..."just keep swimming, just keep swimming"... have a 100% week this week with no slip ups and hope for a better week next week. You said yourself that every lb counts so please don't be too dis heartened. You'll get there. Good luck for the week ahead. X

well no tango moments so was excited getting on scales anti climax havent even lost half a pound !!! tearful not the word

Well I have been on Orlistat now for 3 weeks and lost 4lbs 3/4. I did my first aqua aerobics class on Monday and it killed me! But I will be going back. I have booked in with the doc for next Wednesday to see if I will be staying on the tablets. Even if I don't get a repeat prescription it has definitely changed my eating habits for the better.

Well I had my official weigh in with SW and total loss of half a pound Im worried that when i go to doctors next week he is going to think im not following a healthy plan

Well I had my official weigh in with SW and total loss of half a pound Im worried that when i go to doctors next week he is going to think im not following a healthy plan

Hi Jac23 - do you put your food diaries into mfp? I thikk we're friends on mfp but I think your page is private. You could show your dr your food diaries and if you're being straight and outing everything on there, that will show that you're followinh properly. My dr had warned me though that the tablets just aren't for everyone and if I hadn't lost 10% in 12 weeks then she d take me off them as "they're nit for everyone"...maybe this is the case??

Hi I use a slimming world diary which i hand in I wll start today and use mfp, perhaps you would be kind enough to check it for me, my sw consultant says to eat a bit more veg (yuk) I do have a drink on a friday which would take me over my sins for that day. I have also hit menopause (groan) and have fibroids wondering whether this would slow down weight loss as well. I will have a chat with my doctor on Tuesday. Apart from all that life is good lol

Hi I use a slimming world diary which i hand in I wll start today and use mfp, perhaps you would be kind enough to check it for me, my sw consultant says to eat a bit more veg (yuk) I do have a drink on a friday which would take me over my sins for that day. I have also hit menopause (groan) and have fibroids wondering whether this would slow down weight loss as well. I will have a chat with my doctor on Tuesday. Apart from all that life is good lol

Of course, I'll have a look. I don't claim to bw an expert though but can just compare with my experience so far... you'll need to go into mfp settings and amend so that your menus can be seen. Glad to hear life is good and you're staying positive. :)

all done, my meals today are a bit back to front, busy day in work and cupboard is bare, food shopping day tomorrow :)

Hi I've been on them a week and soooo constipated but hopefully it won't last much longer I've been reading tips ie aloe Vera etc so will try that when will the wind and constipation stop?

Back