Feeling a bit worried- did anyone else have a gain in week 2 and went on to lose?

SoldieronNatasha

Hi everyone,

i just needed some encouragement really...this is my third week on slimming world and although i had a great loss in week 1 I gained in week 2 although I was on plan 100 percent. Has anyone else had this experience? I have a lot of weight to lose and so I am really worried now that it is too hard to shift the weight if I have already had a gain in week 2. I am 100 percent on plan have never had more than 13 syns in a day... i don't understand why this has happened. And no, I am not due on :( And I have 7 stones to lose. Anyone else had the same experience and went on to lose steadily after that?

Don't Panic!!

I lost 5lbs my first week, and despite sticking to plan 100% my second, I stayed the same, was gutted, but it's just your body getting used to the change! I always say the first week you shock your body into a loss, the second it's busy adjusting to this new found health kick "where's my fat and lard you crazy lady?!" before putting you on an even keel for weight loss. I've been losing steadily ever since (with the exception of Christmas and New years - but that was my fault, not SW's!). You'll be fine, if you're sticking 100% and being good don't stress. See how you do next week, if you still aren't losing try and up your super-free or downsize your portions, but I think you'll be fine, think a lot of people stick the second week or have a slight gain, remember it's not all scales either, your body weight fluctuates all the time naturally.

X

I have a few times I always do well in week one then week two I usually put on a lb then in week three a good loss. Don't worry just stay on track and not get disheartened.

Thanks everyone I feel a bit better knowing that! I need things to work this time! xx

I would echo what the others have said, do you go to group or do it at home?

The only thing I could suggest is stick to it 100% and fill in a food diary, if you go to group give it to your consultant, if you don't stick it up here and we can have a look through. There may be something that you aren't doing quite right and food diaries are a great way to flag this up (its how I learned that peas are jsut a free food not a superfree) Its early days and this is the plan where you learn new things every week. Try not to get disheartened, it does and WILL work .x.x.x.

I do it at home and I have a food diary on the food diaries section! Feel free to have a look I would love to know what people think

Okie dokes love, had a quick look through. There are only a few things I could suggest as it looks pretty good-

Are you eating ENOUGH? I know this sounds nutty but if you arent eating enough to fuel your body the plan won't work.
Could you eat more SF? only you know how much is on your plate.
I know you have on some days but could you be snacking on more SF instead of free?
Do you drink enough water?
Do you measure out your milk when you use it as a hex and use the whole allowance?
Is it coming up for star week? that can influence your hormones etc.
Could you vary your food? Although the food you're eating is technically on plan could you maybe vary it? Use some of the symbols in your book to boost your loss (things like chicken, tuna, baked beans are all speedfoods that will help speed up the loss) try and aim for a plate of many colours.
If you struggle for lunches at work could homemade veg soup (or something similar) be an option?
Are your portion sizes correct for take out? Are you synning the whole tray when its only per portion?
Do you keep your scales in the same place when you get weighed? Is there any chance you could use some that are maybe a little more reliable? like the ones in boots, 10p a turn?
Do you drink any pop or squash, if so is that all diet/sugar free?

Honestly these are nit-picking little things but I just so wouldnt want you to miss something when I know this plan can and does change lives .x.x.

I agree that ften if someone has a bad week one week they'll have a good loss the next and vice versa. And a really good week can have a delayed reaction - one girl did Success Express and lost nothing then 5lb the following week; last week a girl stuck to it 100% and cut her syns down, gained 2lb, lost 4lb the following week. I really think it is a 'thing'!

Natasha - you need to stop worrying so much my lovely.. I lost 1 measly pound on my 1st week on SW & went on to lose 3 & 1/2stovsr the next 18
Months (slow looser :( ) I then lost 3lbs in week 2 & gained 1/lb in week 3 having been on plan . It DOES work. We have unrealistic expectations about how our bodies should react to healthy eating. It's not magic we are dealing with here.
You also need to remember that as a girlie you are gonna have unexplained weight gains that are ENTIRELY down to hormone changes.

Chin up Hun x

Kingleds you are right! I am such a worrier by nature but I just need to trust the plan! :) thanks for the support I appreciate it so so so much especially because I don't have a group to rely on

Abisaurus, thanks so much for posting all those things for me to look at - it is true that it might be one of those things although I am always so careful! It's not star week nor it is approaching and I will try to eat more superspeed foods to speed up my weight loss. Stay tuned and hopefully I will start losing again! Xxxxxx

I first tried SW in 2009 and this was how my weight loss went (looked back at my diary on here!)

February
Week 1: -2.5lbs
Week 2: +0.5lbs

Week 3: -4lbs
Week 4: +0.5lbs

March
Week 5: -1.5lbs

Week 6: -0.5lbs
Week 7: -3lbs
Week 8: -1.5

April
Week 9: STS
Week 10: -1.5lbs
Week 11: -1lb
Week 12: -1lb
Week 13: -3lb

May
Week 14: +1lb
Week 15: -0.5

As you can see it was a bit up and down but mainly down and I only fell off the SW wagon when I moved out from London and had to leave my lovely group (I've found a lovely group where I live now)

I did, I gained in week 2 and went on to lose 5 stone.

Week 1: -5
Week 2: +3
Week 3: -5
Week 4: -5
Week 5: -2

Back