Feeling down, thanks to CD effects on TOTM

Dietingdon

Silver Member
Ive now been bleeding for over 3 weeks thanks to CD, talk about having its downside! It's really getting me down! My Dr changed my pill and that didn't work, so I went back to the Dr's and the gave me norethisterone to take along side my pill to stop the bleeding, but as of yet, it hasn't worked. It'd beginning to make me feel weak. Has anyone else taken norethisterone for this reason? and if so, how long did it take to stop the bleeding? I can't even begin to think about how awful it'll be if I carry on bleeding until I get to goal, I want to lose another 6 stone! I also don't want to give up the diet, as I'm so pleased with how I'm doing. Any words of wisdom?

Aww hun, sounds like you are having a hard time. Didn't want to read your post and run, but I can't offer any advice, sorry!! Hope someone comes along soon with some experience of this to hopefully put your mind at rest.

Good luck xx

im exactly the same , now waiting for the pill to be changed, i thought it was the diet but had a a couple of months off as i was feeling so ill and low and it wasnt anything to do with diet its exactly the same?????????

I know the diet can make your totm do strange things anyway, i take transamic? acid asoon as i start to bleed ( 6 a day)and it does help.

julesrush
cdc norwich

Hi Dietingdon,
Really sorry to hear that your feeling so low. I too have suffered from very irregular bleeding in the past. I was prescribed norethisterone by my doctor ( one to be aken twice a day) and the bleeding stopped after 3 days. How long have you been taking it?? and how many tablets do you take a day?

Norethisterone has been really fantastic for me as I was bleeding all the time before I started taking it. I am on CD now only one week in and I have been fine although I think its a bit early to see an effect on my periods.

I think you should stick with it for a week and see how you are. If you have already been on them a while it is unlikely that there going to work as norethisterone tends to stop bleeding within a few days.

Really hope you get yourself sorted and you feel better soon.

Takecare xx

Hi Dietingdon,
Really sorry to hear that your feeling so low. I too have suffered from very irregular bleeding in the past. I was prescribed norethisterone by my doctor ( one to be aken twice a day) and the bleeding stopped after 3 days. How long have you been taking it?? and how many tablets do you take a day?

Norethisterone has been really fantastic for me as I was bleeding all the time before I started taking it. I am on CD now only one week in and I have been fine although I think its a bit early to see an effect on my periods.

I think you should stick with it for a week and see how you are. If you have already been on them a while it is unlikely that there going to work as norethisterone tends to stop bleeding within a few days.

Really hope you get yourself sorted and you feel better soon.

Takecare xx

Ive been taking them 2 days, which I know isnt long, but I think that I want them to work now, because Ive been bleeding so long. I really hope they do start working soon.

Back