Feeling exhausted & bleurghhh...

IrishMum

A little of everything!
Day 4 and I am soooooo tired. Either I'm still waiting for ketosis to kick in, or my flu/cold symptoms have wiped me out? :sigh:
I've been drinking loads of black tea to keep me warm (but staying under the 4.5l mark!) and getting plenty of rest- which is not easy with a 4 & 2yr old whirlwind in the house! Mind you- I never got this mythical burst of energy some lt-ers experience last time either, so maybe its just me settling into this new routine?:confused:

PS- Don't shout at me- I had a sneaky peek on the scales this morning to keep me going, and wasn't impressed.:wave_cry: Lets hope the next 3 days will knock off some more lbs!;)

ah hope your feeling better soon, i got a little burst of energy on my 5th day of going back on LT, I was cleaning at half twelve on a friday night haha so i knew it was that lol

watch some day time tv with a hot cuppa x

Not been about properly for a while but had to post and wish you all the best Irish!!

HOpe you are in ketosis soon. I'm so cold but the black tea and coffee are a god send, i must say.

Chin up and you will get there soon!

Thanks Ladies! nmireland- I'm at work (skiving on the internet! LOL!) so can only use here to 'distract' myself!
I have a LOAD of housework waiting to be done- I let it build up for a while as I knew I'd need distractions in the evening, but I haven't felt up to it yet? Hopefully soon...the dustbunnies in my hall are getting out of hand...LOL!

My teeth are still 'furry'? That is a good sign right?

I'm a bit down reading about everyones fantastic weekly losses. Don't get me wrong- I'm thrilled for them, but I've never had more than 2-3lb loss (a 4lb one once I think?), and even a gain once or twice?!
I'm anxious in case LT has stopped working for me altogether? I know I'm being a bit nuts, but this is the only thing that has EVER worked, and if I don't get this last 12+lbs off, I don't know what else to try?!

Bet you all missed my neurotic posts! LOL!

Thanks Ladies! nmireland- I'm at work (skiving on the internet! LOL!) so can only use here to 'distract' myself!
I have a LOAD of housework waiting to be done- I let it build up for a while as I knew I'd need distractions in the evening, but I haven't felt up to it yet? Hopefully soon...the dustbunnies in my hall are getting out of hand...LOL!

ah are you lol I am working from home today so not too bad, especially with that rain out there it is great bein in and looking out at it haha..

i know i could do with that burst of energy again, need to clean today again haha...

enjoy the rest of your day in work haha it will keep you distracted at least :D

*hugs* Mum

Oh I would hate to be doing LT while suffering from the flu. You must feel rotten. You're doing everything you should be doing. Rest when your body tells you to rest. I so know what it's like to have little ones to look after and feel poorly. Have you no one there who could take them for a while so that you can get some well earned rest?

Oh and stay away from the scales!!!!!!!!! Do not torture yourself! Throw them in the wheelie bin!

Oh and don't be getting yourself all down reading about other people's losses! I would give one of my kidneys to be the weight you are now but I sure as hell wouldn't get down over it. You have only a little to lose. You're so lucky to be a healthy weight. Try carting my huge mass around with ya!

Chin up darlin, get a great big smile on that bake and think of the great loss you're going to have at the end of the first week.

Have you no one there who could take them for a while so that you can get some well earned rest?.
Yes, my Hubby- who also has the flu...you know how that is! He's ALWAYS going to be worse than I am...:rolleyes:
Chin up darlin, get a great big smile on that bake and think of the great loss you're going to have at the end of the first week.
LOL! :D:D:D I love that spake- "bake"!
I know I need an ass-kicking and be grateful for how far I've come, but I still worry I'll lose feck all by Friday! I can't help myself!:eek::)

oh irish its only natural to get all worked up about it! i remember you having a tough time last time, and i hope it'll be better for you this time. we'll have to see how you get on at your "formal" weigh in before we start analysing.

and as for the flu - simply NOT ON!! not when you're on a weight loss mission!!!

:hug99:

Awww Irish,

Sorry you're feeling rough. It's getting soooooo cold now isn't it?! I was complaining about it being cold at work today and one of the people who disapprove of me being on LT said 'Yes. Well you ARE unwell I suppose'. I said 'no....' and she said...'that diet is obviously making you sick'. I said 'noooo...just cold!!'

Sorry you've been under the weather tho- it's times like that when some warm tomato soup and chunky bread would be so nice, so you're doing brilliantly to keep at it.

Take care

xx

Hope you feel better soon, as I'm sure you remember, it is tough at the beginning ;-) Also, there are a lot of horrible things going round at the moment, so, you never know, it might actually be the start of a virus! I was ill last week & the prospect of eating anything, even the shakes, was too much, so shouldn't be too disruptive, hehe (being optimistic there!). Do hope you're not getting ill though, obviously!!

Good luck!! Hope the loss improves before your weigh in (I'm sure we're all guilty of sneaking a peek at the beginning, I know I did...) :)

Hannah

Sounds like everything is miserable for you just now. Just keep remembering that the hardship will be worth it and it will get easier. I think everyone has minor crises from time to time and it is hard to look forward sometimes. Just take care of yourself.

Aww..thanks everyone!! Anyone that remembers me from last time will remember I usually had a 'crisis of faith' about half way through the week- every week!:wave_cry::eek: LOL! I've been hoping for a 5-6lbs loss the first week (to give me a boost!) and know it'll probably drop to a 2llb loss per week after that- like it did last time? But the loss isn't nearly that even with 2 days to go?...:(
Ah well...chin up- no more malingering. Everyone has things in their life that is hard, and I'm luckier than most in that I have no 'major' worries, so I'll continue to come on here for my weekly wrist-slapping when I get disheartened, if thats okay?:p;)

Throat/Mouth still 'taste's' like muck, and the hacking cough is now an irritating constant wheeze/cough thing, but I'm taking that as a sign it's getting better! LOL!
Still freezing here. I had to defrost the car this morning and am sitting here in a coat & scarf! Off for another big mug of black tea...
Thanks for asking Jenny!

Feeling a LOT better today. Though I still have a croaky voice, at least I can move around with little aches/pains! LOL! I can cope with that.

First WI tomorrow morning...am cra**ing it. Please let me have lost at least 4lbs? :innocent0001::whistle: I need a 'big' loss this week or I have no hope of getting to goal?
I've avoided the scales since the other day in the hope a nice loss would be my reward! :scale::giggle:

sorry I have a query in the original post here irishmum says - staying under the 4.5ltr mark when it comes to drinking. Is there a maximum to what I should be drinking? What is recommended ???? Help ?

Angela- it's advised you don't drink any more than 4.5l of 'extra' fluid per day- that is a maximum of 4.5l excluding your shakes/soups. HTH?

Back