Feeling fab after exercise..

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by curlywurly1234, 22 June 2009.

1. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

My husband has been going on for months about joining a leisure center near us and I kept putting it off saying I dont want to join until I will use it etc, I felt fat uncomftable and basically not ready to put on swimwear in public.

Well we have finally joined and I felt a little nervous about going so I waited till we could all go together and we took the kids yesterday and had such a great time, inbetween watching the kids who are still young 2 and 3 I managed to swim 20 lengths, its a big pool...... and I felt so good after cant wait to go back again.

Im going to have a training session to in the gym to find out what I should be doing etc.. and also look into the classes..

Im so excited... x
  2. Reena

Reena Well-Known Member

Im glad you had fun! I feel the same as you, but I have a long way to go until I will be comfortable swimming, one of the reasons I wanted to lose weight, to be able to do things like this with the kids.
    So well done;)enjoy it hun:)
  3. RuthG

RuthG Well-Known Member

I love the buzz after exercise! I do hand weights every night before going to bed, and have just started using my stepper at home, and I always feel so good after using them. I'm going to start going to aquafit too soon, I can't wait!
  4. Sunshine Singer

Sunshine Singer Back to lose baby weight

Good one Curly, love swimming and can't wait to get back into it. Tones everything up. Have you got a spa there too? I used to live in my old sports centre's spa after swimming, classes and gym. Body Balance is fab and aqua-fit is great fun.

Let us know what you decide to do. Well done xxx can't believe you managed 20 lengths xxx
  5. Julie Williams

Julie Williams Well-Known Member

I never have enough energy to do any exercise all I do at the moment is take my lil dog for a walk. Am feeling very lazy but as I am starting to climb up the steps this week I a really looking forward to going back to the gym always gives me a buzz when ive been!!! Glad you enjoyed it curly bet you look damn good in that cozzie now?! xxx
  6. Greeneyes11

Greeneyes11 Well-Known Member

Woohoo, well done you Curly, I hate swimming but am wondering if that was because I was fat, and I have been looking into all the leisure centres round my way and emailing them about their gyms, and I intend to join once I have reached my target weight or move to 1000 calorie plan, as I know I will lose weight more slowly once I start exercising as I will be building muscle.... so in my mind I need to get almost to goal first which is another 12lb
  7. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Thats what I love about swimming knowing it tones your whole body and its relaxing too, yes it has a spa there too, jucussi, sauna, steam, outside pool.. its great.. I used to belong there when I was a kid myself so it brings back lots of fun memories x
  8. badger1980

badger1980 Well-Known Member

Not to be underestimated, exercise releases the same endorphin in the brain as chocolate so next time you fancy a mars, get on the crosstrainer. Dont taste as good but better for the waistline :D
  9. tillyfloss

tillyfloss Well-Known Member

Am so glad you had a great time Curly, I love swimming and aim to get back in the pool next week.
    I am lucky that our public pool is always practically empty late mornings, its great o be able to swim with no one getting in the way...
    Hope you find some classes that suit you, you will be so toned!

10. mrsessex

mrsessex Well-Known Member

Swimming is Fab!!

Ive been on our treadmill for the last week for 30 mins every night (another sess due at 7 lol) and i power walk on it as i call it no strolls lol and feel SO amazing after

Im interested to see my WI tommrow after my treadmilling lol