Feeling fab after exercise..

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by curlywurly1234, 22 June 2009 Social URL.

1. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    My husband has been going on for months about joining a leisure center near us and I kept putting it off saying I dont want to join until I will use it etc, I felt fat uncomftable and basically not ready to put on swimwear in public.

Well we have finally joined and I felt a little nervous about going so I waited till we could all go together and we took the kids yesterday and had such a great time, inbetween watching the kids who are still young 2 and 3 I managed to swim 20 lengths, its a big pool...... and I felt so good after cant wait to go back again.

Im going to have a training session to in the gym to find out what I should be doing etc.. and also look into the classes..

Im so excited... x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Reena

Reena Full Member

Diet:
    JUDDD
    Im glad you had fun! I feel the same as you, but I have a long way to go until I will be comfortable swimming, one of the reasons I wanted to lose weight, to be able to do things like this with the kids.
    So well done;)enjoy it hun:)

4. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I love the buzz after exercise! I do hand weights every night before going to bed, and have just started using my stepper at home, and I always feel so good after using them. I'm going to start going to aquafit too soon, I can't wait!

5. Sunshine Singer

Sunshine Singer Dropped White Sugar & Feeling Fantastic

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.87%)
    Diet:
    No white sugar
    Good one Curly, love swimming and can't wait to get back into it. Tones everything up. Have you got a spa there too? I used to live in my old sports centre's spa after swimming, classes and gym. Body Balance is fab and aqua-fit is great fun.

Let us know what you decide to do. Well done xxx can't believe you managed 20 lengths xxx

6. Julie Williams

Julie Williams Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.77%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I never have enough energy to do any exercise all I do at the moment is take my lil dog for a walk. Am feeling very lazy but as I am starting to climb up the steps this week I a really looking forward to going back to the gym always gives me a buzz when ive been!!! Glad you enjoyed it curly bet you look damn good in that cozzie now?! xxx

7. Greeneyes11

Greeneyes11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.57%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    Woohoo, well done you Curly, I hate swimming but am wondering if that was because I was fat, and I have been looking into all the leisure centres round my way and emailing them about their gyms, and I intend to join once I have reached my target weight or move to 1000 calorie plan, as I know I will lose weight more slowly once I start exercising as I will be building muscle.... so in my mind I need to get almost to goal first which is another 12lb

8. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thats what I love about swimming knowing it tones your whole body and its relaxing too, yes it has a spa there too, jucussi, sauna, steam, outside pool.. its great.. I used to belong there when I was a kid myself so it brings back lots of fun memories x

9. badger1980

badger1980 Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st0lb(40.82%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Not to be underestimated, exercise releases the same endorphin in the brain as chocolate so next time you fancy a mars, get on the crosstrainer. Dont taste as good but better for the waistline :D

10. tillyfloss

tillyfloss Gold Member

Am so glad you had a great time Curly, I love swimming and aim to get back in the pool next week.
    I am lucky that our public pool is always practically empty late mornings, its great o be able to swim with no one getting in the way...
    Hope you find some classes that suit you, you will be so toned!

x

11. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Swimming is Fab!!

Ive been on our treadmill for the last week for 30 mins every night (another sess due at 7 lol) and i power walk on it as i call it no strolls lol and feel SO amazing after

Im interested to see my WI tommrow after my treadmilling lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.