Feeling Full?

Flip_16

Hi all,
I used to member of this site a few years a go when I started a Total Food Replacement diet. It worked well and the support on the site was great... which is why I am back!
Needless to say the weight has slowly crept back on and I want to embark on a longer journey this time around, making my weight loss a lifestyle change not a diet.
So I have now started Slimming World and I can't get my head around how much it has changed! I'm finding my self full with out having my full quota of Healthy Extras. Does anybody else experience this? Am I eating 'too much' of the free foods and should I draw back from feeling as full as I do? It's mind boggling!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sw is not like other diets in that you don't go hungry, so if you're new to it, it does feel odd. It does work well, however it is designed so that you eat until satisfied, not until you are stuffed. The one thing they don't help people with is portion control or how to take back control of knowing when to stop which so many of us have over ridden.

Thank you both for your support. This is a completely new feeling of being full on a diet and I'm glad it is normal! I appreciate the tip on using my subs as I feel that if don't have my little treats (chocolate mostly) I'll crave and then binge which is obviously not good! All in moderation ahy!
I just hope the scales will show my effort!

Hi again just a quickie.. Again I'm feeling very full but have had 0 syns, is that OK to not have any? Or should I aim to have some despite not wanting them?! Mystifying ..

You need to have syns. Maybe buy things like yogurts with syn value, have some sauce (ketchup etc) have some jam and bread (healthy b) just so you are having some. Hope this helps.

So true about using syns - I have only been doing SW since beginning of January but even I have noticed that the weeks where I haven't used many syns - and thought I would have lost loads - is where I have either lost 1/2 lb or maintained.

Thank you both! I tell you Slimming World is fantastic but it confuses me knowing that I need to be eating more! I guess I am so used to dieting and restricting that Slimming World offers an opportunity to eat freely (given some restrictions of course!)

I have been doing this diet for 2 weeks and lost 5.5lbs in my first week. Tomorrow is weigh in day but is also my * week so hoping not to have gained!

Thanks again for your help

I've found using my syns for things like a couple of slices of toast is helping a lot as i'm not trying to think of something else to use the syns up.

Instead of thinking you have to use your syns up by eating more, try and make you meals with syns in them.

No point eating for the sake of it.

I love oykos yoghurts, they are 6 syns. Yes I could have a syn free muller light but, I like the oykos, and they fit in the plan so I have them. It's less restrictive to eat this way IMHO.

I think the further into the plan you get you might find the novelty wears off and you start using your syns for treats more. I've always needed mine from day one, I'd crave wine and chocolate if I didn't have any at all, and I hate feeling deprived, but as long as you know they're there and you have the option to use them, then you should be fine. x

Thank you both! I have bought some low syn treats to have through out this week which include chocolate and popcorn - my biggest down fall! Hopefully by having a little here and there and using my syns, I won't feel the need to binge!

I have read that some save syns up through out the week and have big binges as such at the weekend, does any one have any experience of this?

I don't think I'd be able to either! I guess it's best to stick to my daily allowance!

So true about using syns - I have only been doing SW since beginning of January but even I have noticed that the weeks where I haven't used many syns - and thought I would have lost loads - is where I have either lost 1/2 lb or maintained.
Yes I'm exactly the same, I started Jan too and lost a stone and 9 lbs so far x

I use my syns everyday for a KitKat -5.5syns and a freddo -5syns and the rest on ketchup/mayo or sometimes a HL chocolate & caramel cereal bar for 3.5syn. I need to have my chocolate everyday otherwise I binge eat a whole multipack of it! Syns keep me sane :D xx

I use my syns everyday for a KitKat -5.5syns and a freddo -5syns and the rest on ketchup/mayo or sometimes a HL chocolate & caramel cereal bar for 3.5syn. I need to have my chocolate everyday otherwise I binge eat a whole multipack of it! Syns keep me sane :D xx
Ummmmm Kit Kat xx

Thank you both! I have bought some low syn treats to have through out this week which include chocolate and popcorn - my biggest down fall! Hopefully by having a little here and there and using my syns, I won't feel the need to binge!

I have read that some save syns up through out the week and have big binges as such at the weekend, does any one have any experience of this?

Our consultant says lots of people do this but it's not following the plan. She said you might find it still works at the start but your weight losses will slow down if not stop, when you get close to target or a much lower weight than you started off at. You're best to do the plan as it's meant to be done. That way when you get nearer to target it won't be so hard to change your ways in order to make it work. Not only that, binging on food isn't healthy anyway. That's the reason some people are here in the first place (me included!).

Back