Feeling hopeless :(

S-H

I had a year until we get married and I set myself a target of losing around 1.5lb a week which would get me to target and I thought this was a realistic amount each week. But I only ever lose 1/2lb or 1 at most regardless of whether I eat 40 of my 49 weekly allowance or none at all, I also go to exercise classes 4 times a week usually (I don't eat the activity points) but on the few weeks I hadn't made all of them it makes no difference to my loss - there's just no logic to it! I have a lot to lose but I don't know what else to do, I've reduced processed foods, I don't drink alcohol, i've tried filling and healthy and exercise regularly but at this rate won't hit my target.

In 5 months I've lost just under a stone and a half which is in the right direction but very slow. On top of that I've already noticed I'm getting stretch marks on my stomach and have the most awful bingo wings that exercise just isn't helping,what can I do?!?!?! I'm 26 so I thought I'd have a reasonable chance of being toned as long as I was exercising, body brushing and moisturising every day but seems not :(

Any advice would be most welcome x

It sounds a bit counter intuitive but have you tried eating more? If you're exercising a lot you might not be eating enough. Try eating all 49 weeklies and more of your activity points.

Some members here find if they eat too little then their losses slow down or they gain.

Hello,

Sorry to hear you're struggling :( do you measure your food where needed? Also what do you drink during the day? Perhaps try drinking a little more water. I have Tetley green tea & honey tea bags which seem to help my losses. I can't drink plain green tea so the honey makes it better.

How about changing what exercise you do a bit too? To mix up your routine and see if it alters your journey.

Maybe if you posted what you tend to have each day food wise you might get some tips too?

Xx

What do you weigh and what do you want to lose? Cannot see on my iPad

I've been at target a year now. I'd advise you cut out all white carbs , reduce other carbs, up protein a little and don't snack. Three good meals a day.

You won't fail to lose weight - promise.

I don't subscribe to low carbing myself- just moderate is fine.

I had a year until we get married and I set myself a target of losing around 1.5lb a week which would get me to target and I thought this was a realistic amount each week. But I only ever lose 1/2lb or 1 at most regardless of whether I eat 40 of my 49 weekly allowance or none at all, I also go to exercise classes 4 times a week usually (I don't eat the activity points) but on the few weeks I hadn't made all of them it makes no difference to my loss - there's just no logic to it! I have a lot to lose but I don't know what else to do, I've reduced processed foods, I don't drink alcohol, i've tried filling and healthy and exercise regularly but at this rate won't hit my target.

In 5 months I've lost just under a stone and a half which is in the right direction but very slow. On top of that I've already noticed I'm getting stretch marks on my stomach and have the most awful bingo wings that exercise just isn't helping,what can I do?!?!?! I'm 26 so I thought I'd have a reasonable chance of being toned as long as I was exercising, body brushing and moisturising every day but seems not :(

Any advice would be most welcome x

Hey Sweetie! I totally agree with what Sarah said, More IS More and you might find your body going into Starvation Mode if you're doing 4 Classes. Over a Week 26 Dailies and 49 Weeklies 9240 Cals which is only 1320 Cals per Day, with those Exercise Classes of suggest that you need 1500 maybe? So try eating some AP, what do you have to lose (Other than Weight!) Good Luck! X

I agree with everyone, cut down on carbs just dont cut them out completely, up your protein and use your activity points. If you are not eating enough your metabolism will slow down. As the girls above say, you'e got nothing to lose. Try it for a week and see how you get on xx

I'm going to give a bit of tough love here. Are you weighing, measuring and tracking 100% honestly? How much fruit are you eating - enough just to satisfy your hunger or eating it cos you can for the sake of it? Do you go to classes, can you ask your leader to look over your trackers and offer advice?

Personally I would say you've done really well to lose what you have and progress regardless of how slow is progress. You will get married slimmer than you were before.

In terms of toning up, what exercise are you doing? If you want to see results you need to be doing something strength based with weignts 3+ times a week. Try davina or jillian michaels dvds for ideas. You can get some of the JM ones on you tube.

I joined the gym and I drink around 3 litre's of water each day, I work very hard every day.. but it pays of as I have lost every wk, you can do it for your wedding, maybe a walking buddie or just add maybe exercise in a few times a week , good luck and keep going

Back