Feeling Ill

beautifulbutterfly

This is only my second day, ive had quite alot of chicken today and after the chicken i felt so sick like my body is rejecting protein I struggled and have just managed to eat some extra lean mince with a small tsp of tomato puree
But i feel constantly queasy with a headache, i'm drinking enough! has anyone experienced anything similar?:cry:

It will pass, hang in there and try some 0% yoghurt with flavouring if you are struggling with so much protein.

I had a killer headache! Killer. And did not feel well. Should pass by day three or four. It's supposedly a sign of detox. So, it's a good thing! I googled detox symptoms and felt relieved. Also, make it through, and you'll be amazed at the energy you'll have. I haven't felt this great in a long time. Dropping 8 lbs probably helped, but it's more than that.

Good luck! You're almost through the worst of it!

i had palpitations on a high protein low carb diet even though i was eating low fat lean proteins, has anyone else felt this side effect?

I felt the same and im not looking forward to that part if starting again!!

Beautiful butterfly - you'll really need to work at your menus so that you don't just eat a lot of chicken. He recommends a starter, main and pudding, so plenty of creativity is required! Having a little of several ingredients certainly helps me with the feeling of protein overload which you are experiencing.

Protein diets can cause headaches initially, so please drink plenty of water...

Are you having your oatbran? Have you posted your menus?

Check out our FAQs to see how to find your true weight, and update your stats...

And good luck

PS - anyone experiencing palpitations really needs to see a doctor!! Over here, initially, for a large weight loss, he would recommend getting a doctor's approval before even starting!!

Last edited:
i actually stopped the dr clarkes diet due to it, i did feel contenteating proteins really was happy with it apart from thatcrazy side effect. I now do weight watchers have had no problems since eating carbs again, but obviously it was worrying... good luck with the diets ladies and gents! 5 days in now and feeling positive

First day i had

A few bites of a pancake but hated the taste, so left it
4 crab sticks
for lunch i had chunks of smoked haddock cod and salmon
for dinner i had 2 chicken fillets in 0% fat yeo valley yoghurt and tikka spices.

50 mins exercise on wii fit

2 litres of water, some tea and diet coke

Yesterday i had

4 chicken thighs with skin removed and wiped with tissue had to grab something ready cooked as was out all day

then had my oatbran with skimmed milk as porridge

2 crab sticks

homemade burger made with extra lean mince less than 5% fat with a small teaspoon of tomato puree.

One Sugar free jelly pot.

2 litres of water, 2 cups of tea and a diet coke

Today

I've had crab sticks and chicken fillet pieces in lime and mexican spices.

2x Sugar free jelly pots.

Oatbran porridge

Steak with fat trimmed off and 2 poached eggs with a teaspoon of tomato puree

1.5 litres of water, 2 teas and diet coke

Does this sound ok?

I haven't got much of a headache today but i'm getting so bored of eating meat feeling really demotivated

Beautiful butterfly, I felt the same. Don't know how much you have to loose, but for me, working through the boredom was worth it. And it led me to the realization I was eating for entertainment. Which would be fine if it was not to an excess. So. I had to let go of that and ready to look around for other entertainment. Put eating into a healthier perspective.

Ive got a stone and a half to lose going to stick with it as much as i can im being coached on dukandiet so thats giving me more motivation! your weight loss seems great from your stats! I have to weigh myself everyday and today i weighed the same as yday so that slightly annoyed me will just stick at it

Crabsticks did nothing for me either, and I ate so many I made myself sick of them. My favoured munch food at the moment are prawns, or a slice of ham rolled up and spread with a little extra light Philly and chopped gherkin!

I found attack deeply boring but fortunately it passes!

Back