Feeling rubbish about myself.

princessnicky

Ive been doing SW for 5 weeks and already lost 17.5lbs. It was my daughters christening yesterday and me and my family make the buffet food. I pigged out completely, as expected, and wasnt minding the thought of a gain as i wanted 2 enjoy myself.

But ive seen the pictures of the christening, and i look like a whale. I thought i looked nice, but in fact i look disgusting. i feel worse about myself than i did at the start of my diet and regret eating so much.

Im determinded to start again tomorow, but with a house of cake and leftovers im gonna struggle.

Help me :cry:

Ive been doing SW for 5 weeks and already lost 17.5lbs. It was my daughters christening yesterday and me and my family make the buffet food. I pigged out completely, as expected, and wasnt minding the thought of a gain as i wanted 2 enjoy myself.

But ive seen the pictures of the christening, and i look like a whale. I thought i looked nice, but in fact i look disgusting. i feel worse about myself than i did at the start of my diet and regret eating so much.

Im determinded to start again tomorow, but with a house of cake and leftovers im gonna struggle.

Help me :cry:

I think whatever the photos would have looked like you still would have given yourself a bad time because the guilt of the buffet is bringing you down. It's great you're determined to start again, remember how far you've come and try not to beat yourself up about it.

Are there other people in your house eating the food? Would they mind if you just threw it away? I've gone out before and bought loads of crap and the only way to stop me eating it all was to cover it in washing up liquid and throw it in the bin. If you have family eating the leftovers maybe give them a day to finish it off before you bin it?

Good luck!

I also find that it's when I'm dieting that I sometimes feel I look fatter in photos...Like when I lose the first few pounds, that's when the scales fall from my eyes or something...I become an even harsher critic of myself. But you must try to remember you've made a great start, are doing something about the way you look/feel and you WILL get there x

hun you have done amazing. I know you aren't happy with pictures but compare them to your before i'm sure you will notice a difference.
ok you ate more that you should how often is your daugther gonna get christened its ok to eat more than we should at parties as long as we get back to it the next day. its done hun stop beating yourself up about it.
pick a day in the future that you are going somewhere it could be a xmas party you may go to or a wedding that isn't planned yet but you know is gonna happen now imagine how great you are gonna look on that day. if its xmas you could lose a min of 26lb by then imagine how great that will feel or look.
as for food unless others are really bothered about eating it bin it hun. why should you end up with a gain just cause you are worried about waste if you really can't bin it give it away to a family or friend or even old peoples home to make you feel good.

Competely agree with all the above. You've done so well! And it really is easier to be mean to oneself than it is to say right. I had a great time, it was a lovely day for my daughter. I'll remember it as a great day. And now I'm back on the straight and narrow again, and I'm actually doing something really good for ME! You deserve to be good to yourself. it's just easier to beat yourself up than anything else. Us women are experts at it! :)

chin up, big smile and up in the saddle again! :):):)

Lots of love from Caramelle X X X

Hun if it's any consilation, I was just looking through pictures trying to find a before picture and came across some from my birthday 2 years ago when I was nearly at my biggest and I looked like 3 beached whales never mind 1!! Then to top it all I made the mistake of asking my daughter if I look that big now and she hesitated and said ummm I dunno mum bla bla!

Lets say it did n't do much for my 4 and a half stone off good feeling (infact since then it's more!)

I'll deffinately be using that as a before picture though :D

I take a cr*p photo. I don't know why but I just can't seem to take a decent one.

That aside I think you've done amazingly well to lose 17.5lb in 5 weeks. Just think what the photos would have ben like if you hadn't lost that weight? Also you've taken control of your eating now so there is nothing to stop you losings loads more as you know it can be done.

Stick the left overs in the bin or give to family or friends, just get the temptation out of the house.

Well to start 17.5 lbs is A-MAZ-ING in 5 weeks, so well done! :D
You probably just feel really guilty from the buffet food and it's put you on a bit of a downer. I hate photos of myself because they always show me the reality of my problem and it was actually a photo that made me join SW in the first place. Don't worry, use the photo as an incentive to do really well and then when you've lost all the weight, compare the old photo to a new one! :)

Best thing you can do is put the buffet in the past, cos whats done is done and if you did enjoy yourself that hey it's not so bad? Perhaps just be a bit active this week? And as for the food in your house, let someone hide from you or something>? It will only last so long anyway! Or give it all to someone else so it's not the in the house at all.

xxx

I also find that it's when I'm dieting that I sometimes feel I look fatter in photos...Like when I lose the first few pounds, that's when the scales fall from my eyes or something...I become an even harsher critic of myself. But you must try to remember you've made a great start, are doing something about the way you look/feel and you WILL get there x

I totally agree with this, I'm a stone lighter than last summer and feel grosser than ever.
Aha, but next summer I shall be glorious :) :D

Back