Feeling rubbish...

Carthago delenda est

Silver Member
Just need to rant really, so here goes.

I've been having such a rubbish time recently (well for a while now) and I'm thinking of just grabbing any junk food I can find and eating it...like I used to before SW whenever I felt bad.

I'm quite proud of myself for not resorting to that (so far) but everything is just so rubbish right now. I guess that only losing 3 pounds in 5 weeks isn't making me feel any better.

I'm just so stressed out and today I've been feeling particularly bad. The stress is even making me think the worse about my SW journey - what if I don't lose weight this week? What if I don't reach my target for this summer?

Blah...just needed to get it out, however vague it may be.

Sorry guys.

:hug99: Awww.. Sorry your feeling rubbish at the moment, hope you come out the other side soon xx

Your doing really well if you haven't resorted to cramming in the junk food. The problem with comfort eating, and I know - believe me - is its such a short term fix. I now stop myself by just taking a minute and just thinking "How is this xxx insert crap food xxx really gonna improve my lot in life - not only will the problems or whatever still be there, but I'll feel even worse for caving?" Saying that, sometimes you do still need that "binge" and if you do and if you have, its fine, don't beat yourself up about it, chalk it up too I'll learn from this and next time will have something different. I wrote this morning about going through the recipes on this site, and have got ingredients to really help myself this next week. Try it. I'm just gonna spend time (which I know can be a problem for some, but some of the recipes seem really quick - potato croqquet anyone?) get em done and have the tools to hand. Sorry if this sounds like a preach - our stats seem pretty similar, as you previously commented on, lets go for it together, if you have put on this week, so what!? Life will not end. We can pick ourselves up, brush ourselves down, think OK, we ate/drink it, we paid the price, we will do better - together :pillowfight: and the smilie? - just thought a good pillow fight can make us all laugh.

If you're having lots of cravings then try eating lots of probiotic ff yogurt - natural with no sweeteners. This will help to kill of any candida in your body which is what causes the cravings. Otherwise you can try to do something else that is nice instead of eating junk like having a luxurious bath with candles or buying something nice for yourself like a nice scented thing or whatever makes you feel good. And to reiterate Pammy don't feel bad if you do cave - we have all done it. One time on SW in 5 weeks I lost a total of half a pound!!!! Now that was frustrating I can tell you. I have a different frame of mind now and This is IT for me - I'm on this for a LONG time - not just till I get the weight lost. Yeah I might have blips and put back on some of the weight but I always will keep returning and sticking to it even if I don't lose weight because it is healthy. Hope you feel better soon. x

Thanks very much guys. You'll be pleased to hear that I didn't reach for junk food, but had a midnight mullerlight instead.

Today is a new day - going to try and make it a better one than yesterday :)

well done-proud of you -you really dont want to do what I did earlier in the wek and really pig out. I havent lost anything for about 6 weels now even after doing it 100% and thats the truth.I know how your feeling so take a huge hug from me cos you you made it through last night and deserve a huge reward(not synned though)

Thanks very much :)

When you feel down what type of 'rubbish' food do you go for, is it sweet or savory. Maybe we can come up with some SW friendly 'rubbish' foods.

But remember SW is working for you hey you're 3lbs lighter than you were 5 weeks ago, which is much better than 3lbs heavier.

It took me 15mths to lose 16lb but it didn't bother me as I knew I was going the right way. SW is a way of life it's not a quick fix.

Glad you're feeling better today.;)

I tend to go for both really, crisps (though there are none in the house in case this type of things happen!) and chocolate.

I realise that these things aren't very filling, and so I eat loads of it - which is very bad. I think I'm going to strive for mullerlights, I had my first chocolate and orange one yesterday and loved it. It's great, especially as no one else in the house likes chocolate and orange!

And you are absolutely right, I have lost 3lbs which is way better than nothing. Also, I know that I'm eating healthily which can only be a good thing.

Thanks very much :)

Well done for not resorting to the high synned junk!
Had a look at your food diary for this week and it looks fine, so fingers crossed to stick to plan and have a loss this week :)
Just make sure that you are drinking and having enough fibre each day as this helps our digestive system.
There are 2 things that I find also messes up with my sugar cravings: Drinking diet soda and having sweets earlier on in the day, so you may want to monitor if this is also happening to you.
Good Luck on staying on track!

Thanks for looking at my food diary :)
I've actually very recently started drinking diet cola, so I might stick to just water and squash and see what happens.
I am probably dehydrated, I can't manage to drink lots during the day - I might take up the water challenge next week :)
And on the fibre note, I've just had my breakfast of weetabix which I haven't had for a while.

Thanks so much for the tips :)

Well done for not caving. For a sweet fix - get a sugar free jelly (2syns) and mix it to just half a pint and them whisk it into a big tub ff yoghurt and refridgerate. You get a big bowl of pink moussey jelly stuff all for 2 syns.

Instead of crisps try a HEB pack of Ryvita minis with cottage cheese to dip or do some SW chips. Sometimes you just need something to pick at.

Thanks for the tips - will try out that jelly thing!

Hiya

I find that if I eat carbs in the morning, thats me on a road to ruin all day! So I avoid carbs at that time.

Also, I once or twice did the harcombe diet, which is all about avoiding processed foods etc... & she talks about cravings etc coming from 3 things: Food intolerance, Hypoglycemia & Candida

To fix these problems, avoid Mushrooms & potatoes, that feed candida. If u know you have a weakness for a certain food ..avoid it & if u have to have sweet stuff, make it natural (ie dark chocolate)
Apparently, if you have a food intolerance, you crave it more! so bread is mine... & the more I eat, the more I want!

Hope this gives u a little help!

cx

Thanks very much for the tips, I'll definitely bear them in mind :)

Back