feeling rubbish

rainbow_brite

Feel that all my good work has gone out the window over the last 12 days. I couldn't get to class last week and have had lots of meals out since. I tried to stick to plan on days where i didn't go anywhere but that went out the window today too. I feel so annoyed at myself. Ate some sweets earlier and felt sick :'( and its not even Christmas yet :'( stupid stupid me

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

You've done so well so far and 12 days off plan is not going to wreck everything. Go back to group as soon as you can, stay for image therapy and take it one meal at a time in terms of staying on plan.

If you do go out to eat, just pick something as close to food optimising as you can. When I go out, if I don't want to food optimise because it's a set menu or I really fancy a big slab of chocolate cake, I just don't drink . It seems to balance it out a bit (at least in my head it does!)

Good luck and don't lose heart!

Its not xmas day that causes problems, its the lead up to it! Just draw a line under it and crack on. No guilt or dwelling on what could have been done. Just get back on plan and stick to it as much as you can at this time of year. We all have blips, the tough part is making sure we don't backtrack conpletely.

Stop giving yourself a hard time. Sounds too me, like you've tried where you can and for me thats what sw is all about - its living the sw way. Unless you never go out you are going to have days/times when you are going to have to go off track / just make the best decisions you can, so don't look back, go forward from today. No more guilt!

^ What everyone said. It's done now, can't change it, so change now, decide to be on plan from now, and make a real effort to get to a WI this week - there's all the time in the world for you to turn it back around again if you stay positive and *know* you can do it. Xmas is a time for enjoying yoursef and food, but as long as you plan for that enjoyment you'll be fine - and better to be good now for a few meals / days than just writing off the run up to Xmas as a whole x

Thanks for your replies. Feeling a bit better today. Will grin and bear it at weigh in! Like you say for the next week I'll stick to it when I can.
Thank you all and Merry Christmas x

I feel a bit the same. I haven't been properly on plan. BUT. I know that I haven't completely given myself free-reign to eat like I would have if I'd been completely off plan either, so still better than other years.

Hi Rainbow-brite - I agree with what everyone else has said - you are being really hard on yourself. You've lost 18lbs with sw which is a great achievement. It really does work; you just have to keep getting back on the wagon. I discovered sw in 2008 - couldn't go to meetings due to work commitments so gave up even 'though I'd lost over a stone. I then tried some other stupid diets but got back onto sw in September this year. Even 'though I've had some really bad off sw plan weeks, I keep eating the sw way as often as I can and my weight is slowly going down. I think it's an eating plan for the rest of your life and there will be days and weeks when you go off plan big time - but the weight will come off if we keep getting back on track. xxx

Thank you all for your support...after all that I STS...couldn't believe it as I was convinced I'd put on a good few pounds.

Here's hoping that it can be repeated next week...

Merry Christmas everyone x

Back