Feeling rubbish :(

Ju1979

Hey everyone, I need cheering up... just been to weigh in and put half a pound on. Was supposed to be getting my half stone award as I didn't stay last week, but tonight I left as soon as I got weighed anyway.

So annoyed as I was so pleased at having finally lost my half stone. Now all I can say is I've not EVEN lost half a stone even though I've been on this diet since February.

Honestly, I think I've lost less than everyone else at my group, they're all losing three or four pounds a week (or so it seems... )! I'm sticking really well to the diet, I'm not stuffing down packets of biscuits and crisps, I'm walking at least half an hour a day...

I know its only half a pound, but I don't feel like I've accomplished anything now. I wasn't even going to go tonight (long story involving parrots) so it feels like I've just paid a fiver to be told I've failed :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Sorry for being so down, and thanks for letting me get it all out!

Hey let me just say one thing first.

YOU DID NOT FAIL!

How can you have failed having lost 6lb's already, thats not a failure!!!!! Thats quite an achievement actually. Well done :D

And you didnt pay £5.00 tonight to be told you'd failed as you can't look at this as a week to week thing. Its a journey and you've just had one little setback in your journey. Dont beat yourself up about it or how will you develop the tools to deal with the next setback ?

Everyone here and on this diet (aka healthy eating plan) is human, we'll all have weeks where we want to run and hide but the secret to keeping going is to just say to yourself, ok that wasnt what I was expecting, next week it will be.

I'll bet you've lost inches though this week!

So please, please dont be disheartened, we all have crappy weeks but think of a few weeks from now when you get your stone award and how wonderful that will be.

Go on, smile, smiling doesnt use up any syns ;)

You are not a failure! You have lost 6lbs thats fab... Dont worry about what others are losing you just look after yourself. Come on here we are all in the same boat hun if u need support you have come to the right place.xxxx:Dkeep it up you will have a good loss next week. Do not be disheartened.

Hi
You are human we all again from time to time - 6lbs is brill since February keep going and you will see results.
Irene

Hi, I'm really sorry that you have had a small gain, I know how disheartening it is.

Unfortunately most of us will have been there. Try not to let it get you down though, it is just a small blip and you are still 6lbs down which is fantastic. Don't compare your loss with others as we all lose at different rates. My auntie joined SW with a friend and my auntie has lost 20lb and her friend has lost 45lb in the same time.

Just keep at it and you will get there - don't give in:).

I would just say that if you haven't already - it may be worth making sure you fill a food diary in over the next week so that you can show it to your consultant next week to check that you are doing everything right.

Good luck and keep at it - you've done brilliantly so far.
xx

Ju1979.... I know everyone has already said it but... KEEP GOING, you've done brilliantly to lose 6lbs, people do lose at different rates, all you can do is keep going along with it. Our bodies are all different, but you WILL get there. Promise, promise, promise!!

Life's a b*tch sometimes sweetie but you've done the right thing by coming here and telling us you are down, that way we can all encourage you to carry on. Put it out of your mind and get your plan sorted for the week, write your food diary on here if it helps.
L xxxx

Thanks everyone, I needed a pep talk!

It's made me more determined now to keep going and get my half stone next week for definite :) I do love this diet, so I'm not giving up on it, I know I just have to be more patient with how quickly (or slowly) the weight comes off... I'm not the world's most patient person sometimes :rolleyes:

Funnily enough someone at work told me today they could tell I'd lost weight (they know I'm doing SW), I'll try to remember that rather than the half pound :D

Thanks again, you guys are the best :):):)

:grouphugg:

Ju Ju JU!!!!
What you have done so far is just amazing!

You HAVE LOST 6LBS! not gained it! and just think if you hadnt of done the diet in the first place you could have gained 6lb on top of what you originally weighed!

Your heading in the right direction!

I think you should post your food diary on this thread EVERYDAY. Ive said it once and ill say it again.....read your book write EVERYTHING down and drink loads and loads of fluids. Top that up with your exercise and your weight will drop off at the rate of notts!

I know how you feel about being disheartened.....ive certainly been there, but you have to stay focused and try your best not lose the plot.

You know YOU CAN DO IT!!!
I know YOU CAN DO IT!!!
everyone else on here knows YOU CAN DO IT!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!

Please please take everyones support and advice- take strength from it and get yer ass back on it!

Chin up !

Ruthy xxxx

Ju1979 well done on your weight loss so far......... Have you got the latest sw mag? if so look at page 52 the volvic water swap, i could'nt believe my eyes, i automatically thought water was free!!!! back to diarys me thinks lol. all the best Jax.

Ive got to say! the things that you think are ok are not sometimes!
But someone did post a while ago that red bull sugar free is free! wow!
Personally i cant drink it but i would if i needed a boost!

You just have to re-check everything if you are not sure 100%

Ruthy xxx;)

My point exactly Ruthy, was at the point myself of giving up at end of weeks 1, 2, and 3 lol. glad of sites like this and peeps like you though. Jax

Last edited:
lol, thanks Ruthy and Nanny :)

I'll start posting my food diaries, just in case I am going wrong somewhere!

Feeling much more positive today, about to go and watch the footie now, so will quickly post today's menu in a new thread :)

Back