Feeling stuffed?

large_lump

This may seem odd to some people but I'm struggling. Not to eat within my cals, I can do that (for now!) but as my portion sizes are smaller I'm no longer stuffed after each meal and it's hard! I feel like I want/need to carry on eating! It passes eventually but for a while after a meal I struggle not to go for the fridge to top me up! It's not as if I'm hungry, just used to it I guess?

Will I adjust to this eventually?!

Hey

Couple of questions

How many cals are u eating?

Also are u exercising and if so area eating those cals back? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

This may seem odd to some people but I'm struggling. Not to eat within my cals, I can do that (for now!) but as my portion sizes are smaller I'm no longer stuffed after each meal and it's hard! I feel like I want/need to carry on eating! It passes eventually but for a while after a meal I struggle not to go for the fridge to top me up! It's not as if I'm hungry, just used to it I guess?

Will I adjust to this eventually?!

I know exactly what you mean. I used to eat until I was really stuffed, even if I wasn't particularly hungry. It's a bad habit I got into. I kind of got used to that feeling of being completely stuffed that it eventually became normal to me. However, now I'm calorie counting I do feel full (just had a lovely roast dinner) but don't feel stuffed and it is odd to begin with not to keep eating. But it's just a habit you have to break. Usually when I'm tempted to keep stuffing myself I have a drink (water or black coffee) or have a sugar free chewing gum. Plus, keep busy so you haven't got time to raid the fridge. I've been calorie counting for only 5 weeks and to be honest the urge to 'stuff my face' is receeding a little.
Good luck and keep reminding yourself why you want lose weight.

Thanks for your replies! I'm on 1460 cals cos I'm 18 stone!! It's not that I'm hungry after i've eaten, I'm just not eating till I'm stuffed and that's what I'm finding hard. Crazy I know!

You're right, it's an awful habit I got into before, eating for the sake of eating, never letting myself get hungry etc some of the main reasons I'm here at this weight! I'm just finding it hard to adjust to stopping when full, not carrying on until I'm stuffed.

I know exactly what you mean. I used to eat until I was really stuffed, even if I wasn't particularly hungry. It's a bad habit I got into. I kind of got used to that feeling of being completely stuffed that it eventually became normal to me. However, now I'm calorie counting I do feel full (just had a lovely roast dinner) but don't feel stuffed and it is odd to begin with not to keep eating. But it's just a habit you have to break. Usually when I'm tempted to keep stuffing myself I have a drink (water or black coffee) or have a sugar free chewing gum. Plus, keep busy so you haven't got time to raid the fridge. I've been calorie counting for only 5 weeks and to be honest the urge to 'stuff my face' is receeding a little.
Good luck and keep reminding yourself why you want lose weight.

I was the same I if I wasn't stuffed and totally full I wasn't happy - hence why I ended up at 19 stone!

I have been calorie counting since December and to start with I did really struggle and had to change my mind set now I just have the food I have allowed my self and combined with a large glass of water I eat it and somehow manage to switch off. A bit like my exercise (when I can be bothered) I keep going till I am done not when I am tiered!

It will get easier :) x

Thanks everyone. I'd had a really bad few days of where I wanted to eat everything in sight as I wasn't stuffed after my meals. Which is crazy as it makes you feel awful! Hopefully won't take much longer to adjust! X

Back