feeling the cold!

jellyfish I admire your commitment!!! I havent been out running at all lately coz its too cold!! Thankfully I have a crosstrainer at home so I'm making do with it!!! lol

I'm definitely craving comfort foods (SW friendly of course!!) now the weather has got colder. At the minute my favourites are cottage pie, spag bol & any form of soup. A nice bacon sandwich for breakfast went down a treat after the school run this morning :eek:

I am so not looking forward to it if we do have a really cold winter. The little annex that I've moved into only has 2 electric wall heaters (one in the living/kitchen room and one in the bedroom, with heated towel rail in bathroom) and thus far I have failed to work out how to set them on timer. Landlady doesn't know how to either as it's only just been built so might have to see if I can find a model number on them and track some instructions down online.

I just need to be able to work it out so I can set them to come on for a short while before I get up in the morning and for a short while before I get home from work.

Although, in fairness, even though it was really cold outside this morning, the place wasn't that bad... well insulated me thinks! Plus it's attached to the main house so probably get some warmth that was too.

yea, nothing worse than being indoors with no heat. last year a lot of east belfast (where i live) had a big problem with pipes freezing and the water being off. i wasn't well either but thankfully could take refuge at my parents house to get better.
i moved recently but generally in the same area and don't really want to have the same thing happen this year as it did the last.
the plan for tonight is extreme hoovering (if i'm getting cold):8855:

Kittenkat, we have electric wall heaters in our rented flat too - they're not great, unfortunately. We bought a freestanding electric heater and that moves from room to room with us - you can put it closer to where you're sitting and it made a big difference to us.

It's so coooooold today! Turned my electric blanket on last night for the first time... I really recommend them, if you haven't tried one before! Mine has duel controls so I can just turn my side on if the boyfriend isn't feeling chilly - I think it's going to be a cold winter, now I have so much less fat to insulate me! :8855:

Thankfully I have 2 small electric oil filled radiators, so will be using those while I'm there as I think they kick out more heat than the wall heaters... I just need to get the timers sorted out so that I can have heat before I get home from work and just before I get out of bed in the mornings.

I still really need to figure out the timer on our boiler, neither of us have a clue!? I contacted baxi the other day but they just sent out specification booklets nothing in them... at all! to do with how to operate the timer so that was no bloody good... going to ring again and annoy some poor bugger lol..

Our boiler has a clock with plastic pin things you slide for on or off, so we would slide from 5 to 11 all outwards or inwards? Meaning it would be on between 5/11. I've never used ours either. I don't even know how temp works as this is my first boiler,I'm 44 lol. I don't understand why radiators go off,when it's turned on??? Mr says cos it's got to right temp,well yes but then it goes flipping freezing?!? Very complicated. All I know is I'm too tight to have it on more than number one! X

Our boiler has a clock with plastic pin things you slide for on or off, so we would slide from 5 to 11 all outwards or inwards? Meaning it would be on between 5/11. I've never used ours either. I don't even know how temp works as this is my first boiler,I'm 44 lol. I don't understand why radiators go off,when it's turned on??? Mr says cos it's got to right temp,well yes but then it goes flipping freezing?!? Very complicated. All I know is I'm too tight to have it on more than number one! X

That sounds like what I have, no idea how to use it!

Well really it can only be one of two ways,so experiment.

Push all things in and then move some out to the times you want heating,in a block? Then I have a switch that says on/off/timer.

Switch to timer. And wait to see if the time you've set comes on, if that's wrong the pushing out and not in,then heating should go off where you've pushed them out.

So next night push them all out and push inwards the time block you want, one f them should be right. I'll take a look at my dial and come back ;)

Don't forget switch to timer. X

Right I've found my manual. Hope these pics work. All pushed out are off. All pushed in are timed on.

Attachments

• image-85420619.jpg
    image-85420619.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 28
  • image-1231940482.jpg
    image-1231940482.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 30
  • image-2242483584.jpg
    image-2242483584.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 26
  • image-1708120199.jpg
    image-1708120199.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 26
  • image-450527566.jpg
    image-450527566.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 26
Since I have lost 4.5stone I am feeling the cold, I now have to wear more layers of clothing both inside and outside the house, but overall I am feeling healthier and most of my aches have gone.

Right I've found my manual. Hope these pics work. All pushed out are off. All pushed in are timed on.

Thanks for tha thon, I'll give it a go. Very similar to what I have but from memory I seem to have 2 sets of numbers on mine... I'll give it an experiment over the weekend!

Oohh i no how to work those ones my mum has one like that...although mines a digital timer so i dont have a jeffing clue!! :0( its stupid really!! Then when i rang Baxi they just sent me out a full info book but with NOTHING about the timer in it!? Whats all that about!?! lol....

Back