Feels like Im swallowing razor blades...what can I take??

Moli

Hi, Ive had a cold for over 4 weeks now and its really getting me down. Ive been taking paracetomol but my throat is so sore I need something more I thinkl. Is there anything I can take that wont throw me out of Ketosis or cause weight gain? Any advice gratefully received!
:wave_cry: xx

Ooh, you poor thing!

I would say - and strictly speaking, these things wouldn't normally be permitted on Cambridge - that you seek out some sugar free Strepsils. I think Halls do a sugar free lozenge as well.

I wonder too whether you might find sugar free chewing gum helpful, to maintain a flow of saliva and soothe things?

As I said, without the sore throat I wouldn't be recommending any of those things, but in the circumstances I doubt they'd do too much harm. It might actually be worth a trip to the doctors - a cold that's gone on for four weeks would suggest that your throat's infected with bacteria rather than a virus and you may need some antibiotics.

Hope you feel better soon. :hug99:

Hi Lily, thanks so much for your reply. I've tried the gum but its still so sore. Think I will go to the docs as its getting worse and it's getting me down. I go away next week on holiday so want to be fighting fit so I can cope with healthy eating plan once I'm there. If I'm feeling ill, I'll eat all the wrong things!! Xx

Back