Feels sooo wrong to me!!

*soon-to-be-slim*

Silver Member
Hello all... Well I started this plan yesterday because all other plans I have done have not worked for me and eventually I put all the weight back on.... I am a typical yoyo dieter and find it so hard to find a happy medium... I am fed up of binging and starving myself so have been recommend to do Atkins plan to see how I get on... I am commiting to this and want to see what it can do for me.... I love meat and cheese so this is a good plan for me..... I have lots of ideas for cooking but my brain is soo brainwashed into thinking low fat foods are better it just feels so wrong to me to use all the fat! Have cream in my coffee etc.... I really am hoping that this works for me and gets me out of a cycle that I have been unable to break for many years.....

Looking forward to keeping in touch on my journey....

Any advice is very welcomed :))

Hey and welcome! Totally agree with you that it does feel a bit backwards - As soon as you start noticing a weight loss though you'll completely forget this mindset. I've done Atkins twice, started again last week and the first time I was gobsmacked that I was losing weight. I'd encourage you to maybe start a diary in the diary forum if you have time - You can post what you eat in a day etc and get advice from people. My advice would be make sure you get enough veg in there - it's important to eat plenty of leafy veg where you can, and also keep your water intake up! Not sure if or where you work but at work I never let myself have an empty glass at my desk at work! You don't have too far to go to your target weight so just keep on it and I'm sure low carbing will work for you :)
Josh

yes, its true you can eat lots and lose weight. Fat isnt your enemy its how you eat it and what you eat along with it, so go enjoy yourself and eat a plentiful diet. You deserve it.

Welcome and good luck! Definitely a new and good habit to form:)

Thanks for the replies

Day 2 going ok...

Does this sound right to u please

Breakfast : 2 fried eggs in oil, 3 bacon back grilled... Goats chees (small bit) and small bit of cheddar with mushrooms

Coffee with tablet sweetener and cream

Lunch : home made watercress and cream soup

Dinner : chicken, salad leaves, cucumber, mayo, 1/2 advacado... Goats cheese, Small sprinkling of seeds and nuts..... (1 cherry Tomato on it :/)

Snacks
Small chunk cheese
2 small bits of chicken

Would having sf jelly be ok yet? Also does anyone have diet drinks???

Thanks

Ok so had 10 pistachio nuts and some sf jelly with cream this evening....

Did a total on mfp and it said I had eaten 2390 kcals!! Oops this is too many surely!!

159g fat
144g protien
33g of carbs

It seems really high! I am confused!!

Hi - it is a long time since I've done Atkins 'by the book' - but have been low-carbing for years now so maybe I can add a bit of encouragement here.

In your last post you say 'it seems high' and that you are confused, but you don't say which figure you mean - the carbs, yes? I'd say they are a bit on the high side (well they would be for me, at least) but lots of people are fine at that level. What are you confused about?

You don't need to worry about too much fat, pretty much impossible to overdo it. Remember that eating fat does not make us fat - it is carbs. Low fat does not equal 'healthy'. And please don't worry about counting calories. You will have heard the old thing about calories in must be less than calories out - well if you have read your Atkins book then you know this is just not true.

With regard to sugarfree jelly and diet drinks, the answer is that it depends. Some of us find that artificial sweeteners can stall weight loss, others are absolutely fine with them. See how you go with them and adjust accordingly. I'd suggest staying off them at first.

Finally remember this is a new way of eating (WOE) and not a diet! :) If you want a bit of inspiration, have a read of this.

Thanks for your lovely reply and encouragement...

I used the mfp to add it all up and looking at it today I think I overestimated everything... So it wasnt as bad as I thought!! Lol

Today has been much better... Definately in ketosis and hunger has subsided a bit.... I really want this to be a WOL so I have decided not to even enter it all into mfp to see coz it will only stress me out... Also not to weigh myself... Just do it and see how I feel...

I definately feel even after 3 days Sooo much better... Tummy seems flatter and less bloated... Head seems less foggy but do have a slight headache.... I am very tired at the end of the day and sleeping really well! Been doing Paul mackenna to fall asleep too :)

I have also found some good resources online which have answered alot of my questions.,.

Thanks again :))

Well I am far too lazy to enter everything into MFP myself, I can only just about manage to get a diary entry on here. I have been sitting here thinking hmmm what on earth did we have for lunch.... :rolleyes:

Seriously - if you are hungry, then eat something. Hardboiled egg with a bit of mayo is a good standby. I know it is hard to get one's head round this at first, but letting yourself be hungry is a bad idea because it means you are more likely to eat something inappropriate.

Keep drinking lots of water, it will help with the headache. And rest as much as you need to, soon you should start to feel more energy. I remember I felt absolutely horrible for the first few days, goodness that's a long time ago now.

Back