Feels stupid.

laurenmay

Gold Member
Those who know me on here, like mrs-s and Tracy & everyone else whose been friendly & helpful & supportive on these CC boards - I'm deeply sorry!

Earlier this week I spent £100 on slim and save products to do that for a little while, just to kickstart things & hopefully get the ball rolling - but even though today I've only had one pack, don't feel hungry & could easily get through the rest of the day, I just don't want too!

I want normal food, I want to CHEW & eat meals with my family and just learn to adapt a better relationship with it. I know it'll take longer, and admittedly it frightens me to death when I think of just how long this journey could take, because I so desperately would kill to be at goal before summer 2013.. but such is life, and it's my fault I got this way anyway.

I miss the gym. I miss working out and feeling good about myself & seeing changes in my body from all the hard work.. so that's something I need to get back into for the new year.

Sometimes I wish I'd never joined minimins, because before this site I never knew about Cambridge, slim & save or half the diets out there that I've tried and failed at now! To me all there was before was calorie counting & eating healthy and then the few slimming clubs such as WW and SW.

I'm gonna pop my meal replacement packs on eBay, even though I know I won't get half of what I paid for them, but at least this way they're gone and out of sight, out of mind.

I haven't figured out what number I'll stick to calorie wise just yet.. A couple of months ago I did manage one good CC week without any exercise and was at 1300 calories and lost 9lbs.. so that kinda tempts me into eating maybe 1300-1500 and seeing how I get on..

I need everyone's support like you wouldn't believe. I'm hard work & need a lot of talking too! Lol.

Don't be too hard on yourself, do what you feel happy with, I am the same re constantly changing how I am going to lose weight, I go from cc to ww to Scottish slimmers and back again. I am starting back cc tomorrow and going to go for1300 cals. Good luck with what you decide to do. I will be here if you need me to buddy up with.

Don't be too hard on yourself, do what you feel happy with, I am the same re constantly changing how I am going to lose weight, I go from cc to ww to Scottish slimmers and back again. I am starting back cc tomorrow and going to go for1300 cals. Good luck with what you decide to do. I will be here if you need me to buddy up with.

Thanks. I just hate myself for how much time & money I've wasted by messing around with other diets when if I'd just put my faith in CC a while ago, I wouldn't be as big or heavy now & could possibly be close to goal weight! What are your starting stats and your goal if you don't mind me asking? X

It's so not nice to see you doing things like this to yourself Lauren!
I think your new years resolution should be to promise yourself not to buy anymore packs of silly diet food. When you know deep down you arnt going to stick to it (and im not saying it to be horrible!) if anything you're going to save yourself loads of money!
You can't keep doing this going back and forth. It seems like you are always fully onboard and believe in one diet, until the day you start it... And then it's something else you want to do!
I started ww again yesterday and I won't lie of course it's not easy when you've been used to eating rubbish for weeks but I know when I get to the end of the week I'll feel better about it and he into it and find it easier.
I know you don't want to be here next year at 20 stone plus. But this pattern is so destructive I fear you will be if you don't get a grip on yourself.
I'm not saying any of this to be nasty or upset you but you need to hear it.
Even if you kept to one thing for a week, then tried something else the week after etc, but didn't have a massive binge or last supper do to speak before you start the next thing at least your weight would be going down x

It's so not nice to see you doing things like this to yourself Lauren!
I think your new years resolution should be to promise yourself not to buy anymore packs of silly diet food. When you know deep down you arnt going to stick to it (and im not saying it to be horrible!) if anything you're going to save yourself loads of money!
You can't keep doing this going back and forth. It seems like you are always fully onboard and believe in one diet, until the day you start it... And then it's something else you want to do!
I started ww again yesterday and I won't lie of course it's not easy when you've been used to eating rubbish for weeks but I know when I get to the end of the week I'll feel better about it and he into it and find it easier.
I know you don't want to be here next year at 20 stone plus. But this pattern is so destructive I fear you will be if you don't get a grip on yourself.
I'm not saying any of this to be nasty or upset you but you need to hear it.
Even if you kept to one thing for a week, then tried something else the week after etc, but didn't have a massive binge or last supper do to speak before you start the next thing at least your weight would be going down x

I know, everything you're saying is right & I heard it before, back in June off a woman on the Cambridge boards when I was doing exactly the same thing & being destructive and sabotaging myself.. she said if I didn't get a grip on myself then I'd be 15st plus before I knew it, and I didn't believe her.. but now 6 months on and I'm 15.6 stone. So I know that she was right & you are right, and I really don't wanna be any heavier or bigger than this.

I promise you, myself and anyone else that I won't buy any more silly diet foods, or buy into any other diet again. CC is cheap, reliable & really the only way to lose weight healthily. Not that I'm poo-pooing WW though! Cause that's the same method but they use points rather than calories, so it's just as healthy & just as successful but I do find it really pricey.

I'm not as interested in the number on the scales or my weight as I am in how I look, how I feel & how my clothes fit and what size they are, measurements etc. And by reading things on here & online it seems like it's better to eat higher calories, 20% under TDEE for fat loss & inch loss than it is to eat low, 1200 etc..

So that's what I'm gonna do. I'm not fretting too much over clean foods etc for now as it'll be too much at once and I know I'll struggle. So I'll just make the healthiest options and stick within my calorie allowance & exercise, and hope for the best! xx

Don't beat yourself up over it......I could guarantee that there's a heck of a lot of others who have been doing the same thing (me included :-/ ). If only I had listened to everyone who told me to be patient and stop starving myself and changing diets every week when there wasn't an instant weight loss. There's no magic formula, unfortunately so we'll just have to get on with it.

I've learned to be patient over the past few weeks so I'm hoping it pays off. You'll be fine. Keep reading everyone's diaries...... Great for motivation

I do find I eat the same things on cc and ww, I have an app on my phone that cost about £2 I calculate points on so it's quite cheap.
At the end of it whatever diet you do it comes down to calories so cutting the middle man out and just calorie counting will definitely work, I do think you're better having a higher allowance, it will be easier to stick to and have treats, and like you said don't concentrate on eating all the healthy stuff you don't even like, just eat what you do like but control your portions. Do this very gradually. I think anything drastic won't work. Baby steps x

Thanks. I just hate myself for how much time & money I've wasted by messing around with other diets when if I'd just put my faith in CC a while ago, I wouldn't be as big or heavy now & could possibly be close to goal weight! What are your starting stats and your goal if you don't mind me asking? X

hi

my starting weight is 10st 2lbs and my goal weight is 8st 2lbs so have 2 stone to lose :) i was going to start cc on the 2nd Jan but decided to start tomorrow instead , got my treadmill out and ready to go

Don't beat yourself up over it......I could guarantee that there's a heck of a lot of others who have been doing the same thing (me included :-/ ). If only I had listened to everyone who told me to be patient and stop starving myself and changing diets every week when there wasn't an instant weight loss. There's no magic formula, unfortunately so we'll just have to get on with it.

I've learned to be patient over the past few weeks so I'm hoping it pays off. You'll be fine. Keep reading everyone's diaries...... Great for motivation

I'm the same, really impatient and haven't given anything a chance. But if I had then I probably wouldn't be anywhere near as heavy as I am now, which is a depressing thought! & I've always looked for the quick fix miracle cure, but it's not out there so I'm not sure why I've been in denial for so long!

I do find I eat the same things on cc and ww, I have an app on my phone that cost about £2 I calculate points on so it's quite cheap.
At the end of it whatever diet you do it comes down to calories so cutting the middle man out and just calorie counting will definitely work, I do think you're better having a higher allowance, it will be easier to stick to and have treats, and like you said don't concentrate on eating all the healthy stuff you don't even like, just eat what you do like but control your portions. Do this very gradually. I think anything drastic won't work. Baby steps x

Yep very true! Baby steps is what I need or I get too stressed out with loads of changes at once & don't stick to it x

Aww, I'm glad you've come back to us, Lauren! I saw you posting on the Slim and Save forum and thought we'd lost you again!! There's no need to apologise, this weight loss lark is a nightmare, lol. But I can only reiterate what I've said before - there's no quick fix, much as we'd love there to be, but once you get into the swing of things, create some new habits, the weight will come off steadily and the time will whizz by. :) I'd recommend not over-thinking things too much, as I think you may have a habit of doing. ;) Just set your own calorie level to start on (I'd personally go for 1800), and see how you go - don't fret too much over these formulas, you could drive yourself barmey!! All I can say is that it worked for me, as evidenced by my being 7.5 stone lighter than I was in August 2011.

PLEASE keep coming on here and we'll give you as much support as we can. xxx

hi

my starting weight is 10st 2lbs and my goal weight is 8st 2lbs so have 2 stone to lose :) i was going to start cc on the 2nd Jan but decided to start tomorrow instead , got my treadmill out and ready to go

I wish I had a treadmill at home! & I wish I was only 10st 2lbs! Lol

Aww, I'm glad you've come back to us, Lauren! I saw you posting on the Slim and Save forum and thought we'd lost you again!! There's no need to apologise, this weight loss lark is a nightmare, lol. But I can only reiterate what I've said before - there's no quick fix, much as we'd love there to be, but once you get into the swing of things, create some new habits, the weight will come off steadily and the time will whizz by. :) I'd recommend not over-thinking things too much, as I think you may have a habit of doing. ;) Just set your own calorie level to start on (I'd personally go for 1800), and see how you go - don't fret too much over these formulas, you could drive yourself barmey!! All I can say is that it worked for me, as evidenced by my being 7.5 stone lighter than I was in August 2011.

PLEASE keep coming on here and we'll give you as much support as we can. xxx

Hi Tracy, I think I should be banned from the food replacement section of the threads! Lol. I do have a habit of overthinking things, not just with dieting but most things in life, and it does get me into trouble! I was gonna try 20% below TDEE, which is 1961.. not so much for weight loss but for fat & inch loss which is more important to me. I hope the time does fly by as you say it will! Getting my butt back to the gym Tuesday morning aswell :) xxx

laurenmay said:
Hi Tracy, I think I should be banned from the food replacement section of the threads! Lol. I do have a habit of overthinking things, not just with dieting but most things in life, and it does get me into trouble! I was gonna try 20% below TDEE, which is 1961.. not so much for weight loss but for fat & inch loss which is more important to me. I hope the time does fly by as you say it will! Getting my butt back to the gym Tuesday morning aswell :) xxx

Lol, yes, stay here with us! I think 1961 is a good starting point, I was really suggesting 1800 as a minimum. Just see how you go, it's easy to adjust as you go. xx

Lol, yes, stay here with us! I think 1961 is a good starting point, I was really suggesting 1800 as a minimum. Just see how you go, it's easy to adjust as you go. xx

I'll try 20% below TDEE for now and see how I get on :) gonna start a new training program at the gym that'll involve a lot of body weight and resistance training so should need the extra calories! xx

Hey!

I'm an old newbie to CC'ing (I was on this forum religiously a couple of years ago)

I went from over 15 stone to 10 and I started that in January and by July I had lost 5 stone (so, yes it can be done by the summer). I admit I was very low in cals, but CC'ing worked absolute wonders, I always said i'd never use another way to lose weight, BUT since being back on the forum again in the last couple of weeks, my mind has been wondering about the "quick fixes" and I've looked into Cambridge & LL ect. I know i'll lose weight quickly but i'd be so worried about what i'd be like going back to normal food. As you, i'd rather just train myself. The way I eat when CC'ing, its the way food should be eaten, so its more like healthy eating, rather than dieting, as you know you can do it your whole life.

I'll try and find an old link to my before and after photos if you like? I think its relevant because of the times of year involved (my before photos were xmas day, started in Jan and by July I was as I am in the afters)

Good luck
xxxxxxxxx

laurenmay said:
I'll try 20% below TDEE for now and see how I get on :) gonna start a new training program at the gym that'll involve a lot of body weight and resistance training so should need the extra calories! xx

Yes, definitely. I don't exercise, so what I eat forms my net calories. xx

Hey!

I'm an old newbie to CC'ing (I was on this forum religiously a couple of years ago)

I went from over 15 stone to 10 and I started that in January and by July I had lost 5 stone (so, yes it can be done by the summer). I admit I was very low in cals, but CC'ing worked absolute wonders, I always said i'd never use another way to lose weight, BUT since being back on the forum again in the last couple of weeks, my mind has been wondering about the "quick fixes" and I've looked into Cambridge & LL ect. I know i'll lose weight quickly but i'd be so worried about what i'd be like going back to normal food. As you, i'd rather just train myself. The way I eat when CC'ing, its the way food should be eaten, so its more like healthy eating, rather than dieting, as you know you can do it your whole life.

I'll try and find an old link to my before and after photos if you like? I think its relevant because of the times of year involved (my before photos were xmas day, started in Jan and by July I was as I am in the afters)

Good luck
xxxxxxxxx

Hello!

That'd be great if you could find the photos! & to hear you lost 5 stone within 7 months by doing it the healthy way rather than a VLCD is amazing! How many calories were you eating? I'm probably gonna eat 20% below my TDEE and train hard, so it'll be 1960 calories per day and then whatever I burn with exercise I won't eat back so I'll have a bigger deficit then.

If you lost weight that quickly & successfully with CC before then I think you should come back here and don't bother with the nasty quick fix diets!
xxx

Back