Feels stupid.

Hey!

I'm an old newbie to CC'ing (I was on this forum religiously a couple of years ago)

I went from over 15 stone to 10 and I started that in January and by July I had lost 5 stone (so, yes it can be done by the summer). I admit I was very low in cals, but CC'ing worked absolute wonders, I always said i'd never use another way to lose weight, BUT since being back on the forum again in the last couple of weeks, my mind has been wondering about the "quick fixes" and I've looked into Cambridge & LL ect. I know i'll lose weight quickly but i'd be so worried about what i'd be like going back to normal food. As you, i'd rather just train myself. The way I eat when CC'ing, its the way food should be eaten, so its more like healthy eating, rather than dieting, as you know you can do it your whole life.

I'll try and find an old link to my before and after photos if you like? I think its relevant because of the times of year involved (my before photos were xmas day, started in Jan and by July I was as I am in the afters)

Good luck
xxxxxxxxx

Amazing! Id be interested in seeing before and afters! As im starting calorie counting in the new year and im.hoping to lose 5st by end of july! But was worried if that was asking for too much??? :) Well done again x

Amazing! Id be interested in seeing before and afters! As im starting calorie counting in the new year and im.hoping to lose 5st by end of july! But was worried if that was asking for too much??? :) Well done again x

Hey! I've got 6 stone to lose and I'd die to lose it by July in time for summer - I've got 3 weeks off work the end of July to the middle of August & was hoping to go abroad, so would really love to be at goal weight or close to that by then! I thought it'd be asking too much aswell until littlemiss told her story! We've got a nice little group of people starting January 1st :) we can all spur each other on for a healthier, happier new year! xx

Those who know me on here, like mrs-s and Tracy & everyone else whose been friendly & helpful & supportive on these CC boards - I'm deeply sorry!

Earlier this week I spent £100 on slim and save products to do that for a little while, just to kickstart things & hopefully get the ball rolling - but even though today I've only had one pack, don't feel hungry & could easily get through the rest of the day, I just don't want too!

I want normal food, I want to CHEW & eat meals with my family and just learn to adapt a better relationship with it. I know it'll take longer, and admittedly it frightens me to death when I think of just how long this journey could take, because I so desperately would kill to be at goal before summer 2013.. but such is life, and it's my fault I got this way anyway.

I miss the gym. I miss working out and feeling good about myself & seeing changes in my body from all the hard work.. so that's something I need to get back into for the new year.

Sometimes I wish I'd never joined minimins, because before this site I never knew about Cambridge, slim & save or half the diets out there that I've tried and failed at now! To me all there was before was calorie counting & eating healthy and then the few slimming clubs such as WW and SW.

I'm gonna pop my meal replacement packs on eBay, even though I know I won't get half of what I paid for them, but at least this way they're gone and out of sight, out of mind.

I haven't figured out what number I'll stick to calorie wise just yet.. A couple of months ago I did manage one good CC week without any exercise and was at 1300 calories and lost 9lbs.. so that kinda tempts me into eating maybe 1300-1500 and seeing how I get on..

I need everyone's support like you wouldn't believe. I'm hard work & need a lot of talking too! Lol.

Hello!! :)
I just wanted to say that were all here for you in terms of support as were all here to focus on the same thing :) Like you- I also can not stick to a VLCD. . even if i wanted to, my body and mind has had enough of those.. I have done VLCDS twice before and both times ending up gaining double the weight i started at :-( after refeeding... first time i was 13.7 and went down to 11st and a nice size 12. I then stopped and ate for whole of england and went upto 15st quickly.. i did vlcd again and went down to 13st... then refeed and bak upto 17st :(( this is not becos theres something wrong with A vlcd.. but because ur body craves so so so much food that u have missed out on for so long that u automatically eat until ur hearts desire... i now wish i had never done a VLCD as i would have had less to lose and could have lost 2 or 3 stone naturally rather than 5 & half stone now...:/ but hey ho! its life. we learn! i am.now determind to stick to calorie counting.eat healthy excercise and work hard n stay focused and get my dream bod bak! Together with support and good will power we can do this xx after all its all in the mind!!! Stay poisitive! Dont worry abt how long it takes. think abt enjoying the journy x good luck :)

Hey! I've got 6 stone to lose and I'd die to lose it by July in time for summer - I've got 3 weeks off work the end of July to the middle of August & was hoping to go abroad, so would really love to be at goal weight or close to that by then! I thought it'd be asking too much aswell until littlemiss told her story! We've got a nice little group of people starting January 1st :) we can all spur each other on for a healthier, happier new year! xx

Awww hun im.hoping to go away end of july too! to visit my.in laws abroad and there is no way i am going at 17st!!!! considering the last time thy saw me i was a size 12-14 and not a 20! :/
MOre.importantly ur right were all here to motivate each other into the new year with the right mindset to lose all this weight to a healthier happier us xx :)

Awww hun im.hoping to go away end of july too! to visit my.in laws abroad and there is no way i am going at 17st!!!! considering the last time thy saw me i was a size 12-14 and not a 20! :/
MOre.importantly ur right were all here to motivate each other into the new year with the right mindset to lose all this weight to a healthier happier us xx :)

Just read both your posts so will reply on this one. I wish I hadn't wasted time fussing about with different diets too, I never believed people when they said I'd gain all the weight back plus more! & I never ever believed that I could weigh 15 and a half stone...

I know what you mean. I feel too ashamed to see people that I haven't seen for a while, cause I've quicky gone from a size 8 to a size 18! I don't look like the same person, mainly cause I look so unhappy I guess.

I just looked at littlemiss profile & her previous threads, and found a diary she posted on the CC boards telling about her last journey & how she lost the 5 stone - and the photos are there, she looks amazing! But I think she ate 1000 calories a day, which is a bit low for me & I know from past experience that I don't lose much eating that little & I can't stick to it either.. so TDEE minus a 20% cut is gonna be it for me! My main goal is to be a size 8-10 by July, and not stress too much about the scales.. even if I'm a stone or so heavier than goal weight but I look small & slim and have gained muscle mass then I'll be more than happy with that! xx

Hey,

I'll see if I can find my photos later or even the old thread.

I was really low on cals - 1000 per day, I know its less than advised, some days i'd eat 1200 or 1300 i'd allow myself up to 1300, majority of days i'd have to find things to eat to bulk my calories up, i'm not a massive eater portion wise, its chocolate, crisps and fizzy juice that are my down-fall, so because of my small portion sizes, my cals were always low. I haven't decided how many cals i'll do when I start again, as i'll also be fasting.

My goal was actually set for end of August (when my 1st LO was due to start primary school) I was actually aiming to lose 7 stone, to get to my target weight, but when it got to July and I was 10 stone (after losing 5), It was such a dramatic difference I didn't bother with the other 2 stone. I did want to lose those last 2 stone because I still wasn't as slim as I could be, but life kinda got in the way and I didn't get a chance to lose it before having baby number 2.

Looking forward to spending some more time chatting to you lovely ladies over the next few months!

xxxxxxxx

Oh you found the thread, thats great, i'll add it on later for others.

I dont think the pics are anything fantastic, but yeah you can see the difference.

Your right 1000 is FAR too low for some people. My meals have always been very small, its my milkshakes, full fat juice, chocolate ect that made me overweight. Snacking basically and once I cut out snacking altogether I found it hard to bulk the cals up with just normal meals, if that makes sense!

xxxxxxxx

Oh you found the thread, thats great, i'll add it on later for others.

I dont think the pics are anything fantastic, but yeah you can see the difference.

Your right 1000 is FAR too low for some people. My meals have always been very small, its my milkshakes, full fat juice, chocolate ect that made me overweight. Snacking basically and once I cut out snacking altogether I found it hard to bulk the cals up with just normal meals, if that makes sense!

xxxxxxxx

Hiya :)

The pictures are great, you can definitely see a huge difference! I can find them & post them on here for you if you like?

I'd be a bit wary about eating such low calories.. why don't you at least move up to 1200-1400 & if you struggle to bulk up your cals some days then have a bar of chocolate or a packet of crisps as a treat? I'm no expert, but from what I've read & researched regarding calorie intakes, I'm sure if you eat 1000 forever then you'll royally screw up your metabolism & it'll get harder and harder to lose weight and keep it off.

xxxxx

Yeah, maybe the cals are too low, I see what your getting at. I managed to maintain weight after my loss the last time, but thats not to say it hasn't caused me problems somewhere that i'm not aware of. I will start off with 1200 for definate, and i'll do a wee bit of research about the cals thing and maybe reduce, but if i'm going ok on 1200 then I wont.

btw - do any of you guys have cc'ing journals? I might start one as i'm starting tomorrow and will probably need loads of help!

xxxxxxx

Yeah, maybe the cals are too low, I see what your getting at. I managed to maintain weight after my loss the last time, but thats not to say it hasn't caused me problems somewhere that i'm not aware of. I will start off with 1200 for definate, and i'll do a wee bit of research about the cals thing and maybe reduce, but if i'm going ok on 1200 then I wont.

btw - do any of you guys have cc'ing journals? I might start one as i'm starting tomorrow and will probably need loads of help!

xxxxxxx

I think I've got one but haven't officially started it yet, so I'll be starting my journal properly tomorrow :) xxx

Don't feel stupid. I know exactly how you feel and i have been on so many diets this past year but can never stick to them for more than 3 days!! I have done SW, WW, Dukan, CD, Exante and Rosemary Conley. I have vowed this year not to try any more commercial diets and stick to basic calorie counting. Afterall it is calories in V Calories out.
I have set my calorie target at 1688 which seems high but that is my TDEE so i will see how it goes for the first week and asses after that.
I have an awful way of other thinking plans and this lead to obsessive thoughts and failure. I am not going to do that this time.
As long as i have a calorie defecit somewhere i should be on the road to permanent weight loss.

Good luck all of you, i plan to open a diary if anyway wants to follow and comment

Are you sure your TDEE is 1688? That sounds more like your BMR.. my TDEE is 2464 but then minus 20% means I eat 1961. My BMR is 1783 which is fairly high but that's cause I'm overweight, but then at goal weight my BMR would be 1500 & my TDEE would still be 2062..

I'll follow your diary :) I've also opened one this morning. Good luck x

Hey sorry, i must have got that wrong. My daily calorie goal is 1688.
I've been reading up on TDEE but i'm still trying to fine tune it.

Is there a simple way of working it out?

Is that you in your avatar? If so you look great and i love the tattoo :)

Go on the fat2fit radio website, and they have a link for their own BMR calculator. You can also download their app if you have an iPhone or android.. Enter your details, & it'll give you a chart of activity levels, choose the one that best suits you & that's how many calories you should eat to lose weight - that's your TDEE minus a 20% cut :)

If you just want your normal TDEE number, then do the BMR calculator again, but where it says GOAL WEIGHT - enter your current weight instead. So you've basically entered your current weight twice.. That'll give you another table with activity levels, choose the one that best suits you again but this time that number is your normal TDEE without a cut :)

Hope that helps!

& yep that's me, that's taken last year when I was 6 stone lighter so that's how I wanna look again!

Thanks Lauren, you explained how to work it out so well.

One thing though when i enter my weight now (191lb) and my goal weight (140lb) and choose sedentary my daily calories are 1688
Yet if i enter my current weight of 191 in both boxes the calories come to 1955 then i minus the 20% it says 1564. So there's a 124 calorie difference.

Any ideas?

Sorry to sound dumb.

x

That is strange that there's a 124 difference.. maybe the results they're giving you are based on a lower percentage cut, like 15%, it could be if you don't have much to lose that you don't need to make as big a cut as 20%. And are you really sedentary? I'm not exercising at the moment, but have a 18 month old who I look after & then work full time in a factory producing engines so I'm on my feet for at least 8 hours a day, so my activity level is lightly active.. I think sedentary is if you genuinely barely move all day.

Back